tonight was randy crouch's big night at lc-m!!!

skipper

Orange Leader photo by Tommy Mann Jr.

lg

The Little Cypress-Mauriceville Consolidated Independent School District Board of Trustees voted unanimously Monday night in naming Randy Crouch as the new athletic director and head football coach. Crouch, at left, visits with his now former boss, Dan Hooks, West Orange-Stark athletic director, during a reception held inside the Battlin’ Bears gymnasium after Crouch was named to the post.

As an Lcm alum and parent, I must say I was disappointed at the showing tonight.  There was a crowd at the beginning of the meeting, but those of us there to support Crouch quickly found out most were there because their kids were being recognized for well deserved awards ( band, art, etc. ).  As their children were recognized, most parents left with their children before Crouch was presented to the board.

To be fair though, I am not sure the event was well publicized.  I would have thought however, that the majority of the school's athletes would have been there to show their support.

I will say this though...  after reading several interviews in the local papers where Coach Crouch mentioned his faith and after speaking with him in person tonight, THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT THE LCM ATHLETIC PROGRAM IS IN GOOD HANDS.

Good luck Coach and may God bless you and your endeavors!

Peace,

Jesusfreak

As an Lcm alum and parent, I must say I was disappointed at the showing tonight.  There was a crowd at the beginning of the meeting, but those of us there to support Crouch quickly found out most were there because their kids were being recognized for well deserved awards ( band, art, etc. ).  As their children were recognized, most parents left with their children before Crouch was presented to the board.

To be fair though, I am not sure the event was well publicized.  I would have thought however, that the majority of the school's athletes would have been there to show their support.

I will say this though...  after reading several interviews in the local papers where Coach Crouch mentioned his faith and after speaking with him in person tonight, THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT THE LCM ATHLETIC PROGRAM IS IN GOOD HANDS.

Good luck Coach and may God bless you and your endeavors!

Peace,

Jesusfreak

Accurate

I have to agree that it wasn't publized that there would be anything held tonight as soon as Coach Crouch had been approved. I was also very disappointed at the lack of people there tonight. And, yes those that were there to be recognized pretty much cleared out as soon as there names were called. Coach Crouch did receive a standing ovation when he was approved by those that were there. I too would have thought that the athletes and their parents that wanted a change would have been there to show support. Good luck to Coach Crouch for he has a tough job ahead of him but one I am sure he will do excellent at given the chance.

like to know if it was a packed house

Why weren't you there skipper? There were alot of well wishers including a couple of Mustangs.

The school is busy this morning trying to figure out how these guys got past security!   ;D

We were there sitting by our friend Rocky and couldn't get you and the freak away from us.  ;)

Why weren't you there skipper? There were alot of well wishers including a couple of Mustangs.

The school is busy this morning trying to figure out how these guys got past security!   ;D

That doesn't say much for your security since I walked in wearing my WOS Mustang gear.

That doesn't say much for your security since I walked in wearing my WOS Mustang gear.

I had a word with security...they said they let you through because they thought you were just bringing some old things to the bonfire!  ;D  ;)  ( I did enjoy getting a chance to talk to you for a while, even though I didn't want to get too close with you dressed like that.)

I too was a little disappointed that the turn out was not any larger that it was, but it was not a widely publicized event and I'm sure a bigger stage will be set in the near future.  The board did have a nice set up for the occasion and gave those who took the time to attend the opportunity to welcome the new coach.

I thought you were over there looking for a bus ride home after the meeting. ;D ;D Good luck coach I think he will do fine.

Not true!! LCM welcomes most potential converts. ;D

I thought you were over there looking for a bus ride home after the meeting. ;D ;D Good luck coach I think he will do fine.

That's funny right there. Actually I was there hoping to be able to walk across the stage and shake hands with all the school board members.  ;D

We are all "potential" converts but I don't look for it to happen any time soon.

We are all "potential" convrts but I don't look for it to happen any time soon.

Uuhhh...what you are hinting at is NOT the way we are wanting to "attract" converts.   ::)

I know that those schools who have good AD's will not understand this next statement and will not think it's a big deal, BUT...after what had to be a tiring first day at his new school, Coach Crouch showed up (wearing green, td) AND STAYED through the girls JV and Varsity basketball games.  (I think that EQUALS Moody's totals during his tenure.)

I can imagine being A.D. is a very tiresome job...  but it was very refreshing to see Coach Crouch at the game last night.  Just my opinion, but I think the ad should be at as many events he can possibly make...  including periodic visits to the junior high events. 

Moody came to all the events the first couple of months then started to slack off just like any ad does they have to have a life also cant expect them to make everything.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• I would not say NO ONE REALLY CARES WHAT HAPPENS WITH BASEBALL.. All you have to do is go to Ford Park every weekend and look at how much money parents pour into baseball.. lol I get what you are saying.. but look at it from this point of view... WINS look good on resume correct? Would a AD do better if he has all his multi-sport kids stay in his program? Again they are usually the more athletic kid. Is his actions driving away the more athletic kids to "concentrate on one sport"? Sometimes more is not better.. Kids get burned out really quick if they believe their AD/Coach does not care about their personal athletic dreams and desires.  Like I said.. a Good AD knows how to navigate this issue. 
    • Never understood why you can't be good at all 4 major sports. If you are talented enough, and athletic enough to be a Regional Finalist football team, then you would think you would be athletic enough to at least be competitive in basketball. If you wanted to be...... And as big a baseball town as Jasper is, where did that tradition go? Where are those kids now?
    • Can't blame the AD. Texas is a Football mecca. If an AD does poorly in football, but decent in baseball, he may be looking for another job soon. If he does great in football, then no one really cares what happens with baseball, generally speaking. He's trying to keep a job and bolster his resume' for the next chance to promote his career.
    • there won't be a scheduling problem... cause AD's don't allow them to play.. its a nice double standard they like to use.
    • Sorry, I didn't know that. I guess they can do both, and if there is a schedule problem, the kid will have to decide.
  • Topics