What do you think Faircloth will do for the PNG football Program ?

pngfan66

His resume shows nothing about succeeding as a HC.  Let's don't carried away.  He's going to have to prove himself.  He might.  But then again...

Well, it's a crap shot, for sure.  I'm still amazed that this new coach @ PN-G is supposedly the answer when  he's being asked to do something he's never done before.  Not that he can't, just that he hasn't.  DeRouen at Ned. was a good assistant but didn't have much success being a HC.  My only contention has been: to get the most for ones tax dollars, stick with a known commodity.  But, if the tax payers are willing to get involved in a crap shoot, that's OK also.  I'm all about people's freedom to succeed as well as fail.

Point being Neuman as with all HC's was an assitant before he became a HC.

When you look at the resume he was the best candidate for the tax payers money. This guy is going to be good for us.

You have a piss poor outlook on everything PN-G. How about doing all us fans a favor and staying off these threads.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His resume shows nothing about succeeding as a HC.  Let's don't carried away.  He's going to have to prove himself.  He might.  But then again...

Well, it's a crap shot, for sure.  I'm still amazed that this new coach @ PN-G is supposedly the answer when  he's being asked to do something he's never done before.  Not that he can't, just that he hasn't.  DeRouen at Ned. was a good assistant but didn't have much success being a HC.  My only contention has been: to get the most for ones tax dollars, stick with a known commodity.  But, if the tax payers are willing to get involved in a crap shoot, that's OK also.  I'm all about people's freedom to succeed as well as fail.

When you look at the resume he was the best candidate for the tax payers money. This guy is going to be good for us.

Then tell me who on the LIST of candidates would have been better. We got a guy who led the best offense in his region. In his three years as offensive coordinator and QB coach he had three different QB's that broke the records of the one before.

How about sticking with the meat of my text?  First, I never drink the cool aid.  I try and keep the conversation calm and deal with facts.  Now, what part of my facts about him not having any experience as a HC that would incline people to think he'll do such a great job when he's never been a HC don't you understand?  Heck, he might be the greatest thing since slice bread, who knows?  That's the point, no one knows.  There is no history there that can be intelligently examined.  Only the hope that the right decision was made.  Now if this is to deep for you, then you might want to visit a less demanding thread.  Because, my friend, facts do not bore me and I will be glad to discuss them all day with you.

PS - Confucius say: Unless facts tend to bore you, one will always drink the cool aid.  ;D ;D

You have a piss poor outlook on everything PN-G. How about doing all us fans a favor and staying off these threads.

We are discussing him as a HC, not OC.  He now has more areas to deal with now.  How about telling me how well he's done as a HC?  You see my point?  Time will be his judge.  Because right now, some can only discuss what they hope will happen. 

Then tell me who on the LIST of candidates would have been better. We got a guy who led the best offense in his region. In his three years as offensive coordinator and QB coach he had three different QB's that broke the records of the one before.

I think his reputation precedes him as an OC, the BEST in his region.  And, he has some very well known, successful coaches at his fingertips if he needs advice, consultation, etc.  I think it is GREAT that he is already at The Reservation, implementing plans, setting goals, motivating, and getting to know the kids, staff, and PNG community.  Its been a long while since I've seen PNG this excited about a HC and I know he will have all the support and then some from the district and community.  Coach Faircloth will set the precedent and will have the support he needs to find his groove and lead PNG back to the powerhouse it once was.  I commend our school board for standing their ground on the HC/AD requirements and giving Brandon Faircloth this chance.  Honor....Pride....Tradition....thats what PNG is all about!

I, too, applaud them for standing their ground on the masters requirement.  Many thought they would fold.

I think his reputation precedes him as an OC, the BEST in his region.  And, he has some very well known, successful coaches at his fingertips if he needs advice, consultation, etc.  I think it is GREAT that he is already at The Reservation, implementing plans, setting goals, motivating, and getting to know the kids, staff, and PNG community.  Its been a long while since I've seen PNG this excited about a HC and I know he will have all the support and then some from the district and community.  Coach Faircloth will set the precedent and will have the support he needs to find his groove and lead PNG back to the powerhouse it once was.  I commend our school board for standing their ground on the HC/AD requirements and giving Brandon Faircloth this chance.  Honor....Pride....Tradition....thats what PNG is all about!

What I find funny about those that post things like..."He doesnt have HC experience etc"....Is that....Todd Dodge was not over .500 before he got his first nod....So where is the justification?...The guy has been at good schools with some great coaches on staff....

I do agree that having probably somewhere in the area of 7-10 years experience in the field is necessary, but all coaches that pursue a HD coaching job have to have a 1st one....

The comments on no hd coaching experience is bogus....

What I find funny about those that post things like..."He doesnt have HC experience etc"....Is that....Todd Dodge was not over .500 before he got his first nod....So where is the justification?...The guy has been at good schools with some great coaches on staff....

I do agree that having probably somewhere in the area of 7-10 years experience in the field is necessary, but all coaches that pursue a HD coaching job have to have a 1st one....

I AGREE!

How about sticking with the meat of my text?  First, I never drink the cool aid.  I try and keep the conversation calm and deal with facts.  Now, what part of my facts about him not having any experience as a HC that would incline people to think he'll do such a great job when he's never been a HC don't you understand?  Heck, he might be the greatest thing since slice bread, who knows?  That's the point, no one knows.  There is no history there that can be intelligently examined.  Only the hope that the right decision was made.  Now if this is to deep for you, then you might want to visit a less demanding thread.  Because, my friend, facts do not bore me and I will be glad to discuss them all day with you.

PS - Confucius say: Unless facts tend to bore you, one will always drink the cool aid.   ;D ;D

Different strokes for different folks I guess. For every poster that can read these threads and move on, there is always one (usually non-fan of discussed school) who has to try and deflate whatever excitement they have built. I guess you told your kid(s) there is no Santa Clause when they were two because you only deal in facts.

Nothing bogus about stating that a coach with no HC experience will do this and will do that before he's even hit the field.  No one knows this, unless some can see into the future.  Nothing definitive can be said about his, or anybody's,  HCing ability until he does it.  

As for as Dodge, you are right, before SLC he was fairly average.  I Think at SLC, it was a case of being at the right place at the right time.  Great job, no doubt.  But to be level headed and not drink the cool aid, you care to discuss his record at North Texas?  Let me know.   :)  :)

Man, facts tend to bore you?  ???  ???  ???

PS - Confucius say: Unless facts tend to bore you, one will always drink the cool aid.   ;D ;D

Different strokes for different folks I guess. For every poster that can read these threads and move on, there is always one (usually non-fan of discussed school) who has to try and deflate whatever excitement they have built. I guess you told your kid(s) there is no Santa Clause when they were two because you only deal in facts.

I didn't realise this was just a cheerleader site?  I thought most forums are for thoughtful and fact-based -- I can feel some having convulsions -- discussions?  Hopefully I'm wrong on the former and right on the latter.

I didn't realise this was just a cheerleader site?  I thought most forums are for thoughtful and fact-based -- I can feel some having convulsions -- discussions?  Hopefully I'm wrong on the former and right on the latter.

You have not contributed one thing to this thread that people did not already know. I can sit around and site "facts" all day. It still does not make the posts you make relevant. That is a fact.

So I get the argument that we don't know how effective he will be as a HC because he has never been a HC, but the argument we as PNG fans are making is that if you are going to hire a lifetime assistant coach to be your HC (which happens everyday and has happened in every HC's career) and you are going to Gamble that he can be a good HC, you need to look at the positives. This guy is loaded with positives as an assistant coach. From The great storied programs he has coached and played at, to the great coaches he has learned from, to the numbers (and wins) that his systems have helped to produced. You gotta admit that amongst HS assistants his resume is very impressive. Time will tell if it translates, but the folks in PN and G are very happy with the choice based on the facts.

Also another note about hiring HC's with previous experience being less of a gamble, how about when Permian hired the guy from Sealy who had won several state titles, including one the year before he took the Permian job, and he ruined that program for several years. How about LaMarque hiring this guy from Dallas last year. HC with experience. Look how down they are. It's a gamble no matter who you pick because it is different!

Remember the most successful HC in our local 4A district the past few years have held only one HC job. Neuman-Nederland, Creuder-Lumberton, Stowers-Central, Has Stewart at Dayton ever been a HC anywhere else?.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder