What do you think Faircloth will do for the PNG football Program ?

pngfan66

dont know since he has proven nothing yet.  Kind of surprised that PNG would hire someone with zero head coaching experience.  He has never ran a program before.  I know he was part of a good offense at Permian with a great running back

Uh,  Neumann was an asst. coach at PNG when he was hired.  He hasn't been to shabby so far.

so was Moody.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OUCH!!  But this is true.

The big picture here is not the offense. We know the guy can put the points up. The question is the defense. I have not heard many people talk about how the defense will be without Matt Burnett.

Take my word for it as a Nederland Fan, you can put up 50 points and still lose the game.

Uh, I don't think he was.

dont know since he has proven nothing yet.  Kind of surprised that PNG would hire someone with zero head coaching experience.  He has never ran a program before.  I know he was part of a good offense at Permian with a great running back

Uh,  Neumann was an asst. coach at PNG when he was hired.  He hasn't been to shabby so far.

Faircloth has no HC experience yet, but he has learned from the best.

1. Played for Brownwood (home of the 2nd all time winningest coach in Texas HS Football)

2. Coached under Ron Schroeder at Austin Westlake (Schroeder went 187-27 and won a couple of 5A State Titles at Westlake of which Faircloth was on staff)

3. Coached under Randy Allen at Highland Park (Allen went 106-11 and won a state title in 4A with Faircloth on staff)

4. Coached under Allman at Permian (Allman has turned Permian back into a west Texas power and top ten team)

I'd say he had to learn a few pretty good things about running a program and it looks like he has some pretty good coaches to call on if he has questions!

I totally agree. Coach Faircloth has the expertise to offer advice at his finger tips if he needs it.

Faircloth has no HC experience yet, but he has learned from the best.

1. Played for Brownwood (home of the 2nd all time winningest coach in Texas HS Football)

2. Coached under Ron Schroeder at Austin Westlake (Schroeder went 187-27 and won a couple of 5A State Titles at Westlake of which Faircloth was on staff)

3. Coached under Randy Allen at Highland Park (Allen went 106-11 and won a state title in 4A with Faircloth on staff)

4. Coached under Allman at Permian (Allman has turned Permian back into a west Texas power and top ten team)

I'd say he had to learn a few pretty good things about running a program and it looks like he has some pretty good coaches to call on if he has questions!

I totally agree. Coach Faircloth has the expertise to offer advice at his finger tips if he needs it.

They hired the right guy no matter what anyone says. I think any school in our area that is in the same situation of hiring would love to have him. But, we got him.

From Dave Campbell

Port Neches-Groves, on the other hand, has found its replacement for Matt Burnett -- Odessa Permian OC Brandon Faircloth, who has been a big reason why the Mojo has once again become one of the most feared teams in 5A football. Faircloth has made appearances at some of the best programs in Texas: He played at Brownwood and served on staff at Austin Westlake and Highland Park. Adding PN-G to his resume only enriches that lineage.

From Dave Campbell

Port Neches-Groves, on the other hand, has found its replacement for Matt Burnett -- Odessa Permian OC Brandon Faircloth, who has been a big reason why the Mojo has once again become one of the most feared teams in 5A football. Faircloth has made appearances at some of the best programs in Texas: He played at Brownwood and served on staff at Austin Westlake and Highland Park. Adding PN-G to his resume only enriches that lineage.

Everyone at PNG is excited about Coach Faircloth.  We know he will change our entire program for the better.  I think we, the PNG faithful, will continue to be surprised and amazed at his leadership in developing our program....exciting things are happening at The Reservation!  ;D

Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to remember him as PNG's OC before leaving for NED.  And before that, he was at TJ.  Am I off base here?  If so, enlighten me.

I thought Neuman came from a school in the Houston area. He had previously been at TJ but dont recall him being at PNG. He left TJ after Mike Owens decided not to take another job (cant remember what school) and the sup gave him his job back. I think Owens had already resigned but thought better and decided to stay. Neuman was the third choice at Big Ned, worked out good for everyone, IMO.

From PNG forum, a poster made the following comments:

My son was fired up from the first speech by Coach Faircloth. He has already changed the attitudes of the boys. He told them his offense is very confusing for the other team but it is proven and works. He told the only sport he likes is football then next is spring football.

I've heard this from several parents and players alike.  Faircloth is going to be good for PNG.  I look for it to be an exciting year at The Reservation!

Faircloth arrives on Reservation ready for work

The Port Arthur News

PORT NECHES -- Port Neches-Groves head football coach Brandon Faircloth has stepped into his first head coaching position this week, communicating immediately with the Indians' coaches and players.

The 31-year-old Brownwood native reported to his somewhat vacant office area in PN-G's fieldhouse and addressed the varsity and junior varsity football players on Monday.

Faircloth continued by speaking to his varsity coaching staff Tuesday morning, as well as talking to the freshman football squad.

The former Odessa Permian offensive coordinator has planned to hold individual meetings in the upcoming days with members of PN-G's varsity coaching staff.

Faircloth was hired unanimously last week at a called meeting of the PN-GISD board of trustees. A former assistant at Permian, Highland Park and Austin Westlake, the new Indians' chief told the Odessa American newspaper that the opportunity to lead PN-G back to prominence was too hard to pass up.

"It's the history of Port Neches-Groves," Faircloth said. "It's a program with high expectations, high academic standards, and a program with a lot of tradition."

Faircloth said he will be in the Golden Triangle by himself for the rest of the current school year. His wife, Emily, is completing her work toward a masters degree in the Odessa-Midland area at the University of Texas-Permian Basin. She will not move to this area until June. — TOM HALLIBURTON

You are thinking about DeRouen not Neumann.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to remember him as PNG's OC before leaving for NED.  And before that, he was at TJ.  Am I off base here?  If so, enlighten me.

You are thinking about DeRouen not Neumann.

+1

Neuman's local gig was an asst. under Mike Owens at TJ.

Well, it's a crap shot, for sure.  I'm still amazed that this new coach @ PN-G is supposedly the answer when  he's being asked to do something he's never done before.  Not that he can't, just that he hasn't.  DeRouen at Ned. was a good assistant but didn't have much success being a HC.  My only contention has been: to get the most for ones tax dollars, stick with a known commodity.  But, if the tax payers are willing to get involved in a crap shoot, that's OK also.  I'm all about people's freedom to succeed as well as fail.

Point being Neuman as with all HC's was an assitant before he became a HC.

Well, it's a crap shot, for sure.  I'm still amazed that this new coach @ PN-G is supposedly the answer when  he's being asked to do something he's never done before.  Not that he can't, just that he hasn't.  DeRouen at Ned. was a good assistant but didn't have much success being a HC.  My only contention has been: to get the most for ones tax dollars, stick with a known commodity.  But, if the tax payers are willing to get involved in a crap shoot, that's OK also.  I'm all about people's freedom to succeed as well as fail.

When you look at the resume he was the best candidate for the tax payers money. This guy is going to be good for us.

When you look at the resume he was the best candidate for the tax payers money. This guy is going to be good for us.

I totally agree with you, pngfan1 !  Faircloth was the best man for the job.

His resume shows nothing about succeeding as a HC.  Let's don't carried away.  He's going to have to prove himself.  He might.  But then again...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami