What do you think Faircloth will do for the PNG football Program ?

pngfan66

So I get the argument that we don't know how effective he will be as a HC because he has never been a HC, but the argument we as PNG fans are making is that if you are going to hire a lifetime assistant coach to be your HC (which happens everyday and has happened in every HC's career) and you are going to Gamble that he can be a good HC, you need to look at the positives. This guy is loaded with positives as an assistant coach. From The great storied programs he has coached and played at, to the great coaches he has learned from, to the numbers (and wins) that his systems have helped to produced. You gotta admit that amongst HS assistants his resume is very impressive. Time will tell if it translates, but the folks in PN and G are very happy with the choice based on the facts.

Also another note about hiring HC's with previous experience being less of a gamble, how about when Permian hired the guy from Sealy who had won several state titles, including one the year before he took the Permian job, and he ruined that program for several years. How about LaMarque hiring this guy from Dallas last year. HC with experience. Look how down they are. It's a gamble no matter who you pick because it is different!

Remember the most successful HC in our local 4A district the past few years have held only one HC job. Neuman-Nederland, Creuder-Lumberton, Stowers-Central, Has Stewart at Dayton ever been a HC anywhere else?.

Very well said.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find funny about those that post things like..."He doesnt have HC experience etc"....Is that....Todd Dodge was not over .500 before he got his first nod....So where is the justification?...The guy has been at good schools with some great coaches on staff....

I do agree that having probably somewhere in the area of 7-10 years experience in the field is necessary, but all coaches that pursue a HD coaching job have to have a 1st one....

The comments on no hd coaching experience is bogus....

OMG, Coonass, this is scarey as heck!! I have to AGREE with you on this.  :-*

Stewart was a head coach at clear lake, and cleburne before taking the dayton job.  All three programs had losing records before he got there and he brought them to the playoffs.  Please dont start comparing the two coaches, one has won over 100 games and the other has won a total of 0 games.  Pride, honor, tradition, dayton broncos.

Stewart was a head coach at clear lake, and cleburne before taking the dayton job.  All three programs had losing records before he got there and he brought them to the playoffs.  Please dont start comparing the two coaches, one has won over 100 games and the other has won a total of 0 games.  Pride, honor, tradition, dayton broncos.

Who is comparing? I was making the case that all good coaches were assistants before they were Head Coaches. You guys floor me with how you like to read into things for what they are not and not for what they are.  Give it a rest already.

I think Faircloth is pushing the entire program. He is now getting some updated tech, new assistants, pushing the boys hard in off season. Even my 8th grader is pumped up about him !  Thinks are looking up at the rez now !  I have faith that Faircloth is going to do some very amazing things for PNG athletics !!! I'm not concerned about his lack of HC experience. I think the experience that he is putting on the table shows his abilities. I can hardly wait to hear Cherokee being played in about 6 month's for our first game !!!! Watch out the Indians are on the war path at the REZ !!!!!

So I get the argument that we don't know how effective he will be as a HC because he has never been a HC, but the argument we as PNG fans are making is that if you are going to hire a lifetime assistant coach to be your HC (which happens everyday and has happened in every HC's career) and you are going to Gamble that he can be a good HC, you need to look at the positives. This guy is loaded with positives as an assistant coach. From The great storied programs he has coached and played at, to the great coaches he has learned from, to the numbers (and wins) that his systems have helped to produced. You gotta admit that amongst HS assistants his resume is very impressive. Time will tell if it translates, but the folks in PN and G are very happy with the choice based on the facts.

Also another note about hiring HC's with previous experience being less of a gamble, how about when Permian hired the guy from Sealy who had won several state titles, including one the year before he took the Permian job, and he ruined that program for several years. How about LaMarque hiring this guy from Dallas last year. HC with experience. Look how down they are. It's a gamble no matter who you pick because it is different!

Remember the most successful HC in our local 4A district the past few years have held only one HC job. Neuman-Nederland, Creuder-Lumberton, Stowers-Central, Has Stewart at Dayton ever been a HC anywhere else?.

GREAT POST! ;D

I think Faircloth is pushing the entire program. He is now getting some updated tech, new assistants, pushing the boys hard in off season. Even my 8th grader is pumped up about him !  Thinks are looking up at the rez now !  I have faith that Faircloth is going to do some very amazing things for PNG athletics !!! I'm not concerned about his lack of HC experience. I think the experience that he is putting on the table shows his abilities. I can hardly wait to hear Cherokee being played in about 6 month's for our first game !!!! Watch out the Indians are on the war path at the REZ !!!!!

Man, I love it when all us NDN's are "FIRED UP", bleeding purple, and continuing the legend of HONOR.......PRIDE..........TRADITION!  Gonna be a GREAT year for PNG!  Scalp 'em, NDN's, Scalp 'em!

Yep I've watched the boys up at the school a few times doing some conditioning and drills. They are pushing as hard and harder than they do during 2 a days !!! It is obvious that Faircloth is bringing the hard line to the rez on the boys like I have seen at Odessa Permian video's !  This is awesome ! Our boys should be in top shape and know what to expect come next season !  I'm glad that he is also telling the boys to be MEN now and start acting like it !  So I guess to follow the lead "boys" will no longer be used ! We will start saying "MEN" ! That's apparently what Faircloth wants to make them into !  That is what we need !  I bet if Faircloth goes for the spring time training the stands will be packed with fans wanting to see the new system !

Dang how long till football season ?  lol

A PN-G person told me...A large lineman was puking and he was bending over.  Coach told him "we don't bend over--if you have to puke stand up straight like a man".  He also said all boys will play and all boys will be in shape.

actually he said all boys at the MS and Freshman level will play because it is a developmental stage and they need to find out who can and can't on the field at those ages. love the attitude!

Yep I've watched the boys up at the school a few times doing some conditioning and drills. They are pushing as hard and harder than they do during 2 a days !!! It is obvious that Faircloth is bringing the hard line to the rez on the boys like I have seen at Odessa Permian video's !  This is awesome ! Our boys should be in top shape and know what to expect come next season !  I'm glad that he is also telling the boys to be MEN now and start acting like it !  So I guess to follow the lead "boys" will no longer be used ! We will start saying "MEN" ! That's apparently what Faircloth wants to make them into !  That is what we need !  I bet if Faircloth goes for the spring time training the stands will be packed with fans wanting to see the new system !

Dang how long till football season ?  lol

Wow!  This is GREAT!  I bet your right, the stands will have a lot of fans watching spring training! ;D

I hope to go watch the spring game. I am interested in what the new system looks like. But beware. I remember coach Malone. People were saying he was weeding out the babies and momma's boys and so on. A lot of parents did not like the tough program he instilled. And a lot of teachers also. Yes, his program worked and is what was needed to turn PNG around at the time. He made them into winners. But beware of parents and some teachers that work around him. They are not used to the rigid program. I hope everyone at PNG accepts it and not just the fans. Good luck PNG. I am excited for you and hope this system brings good things to the tribe.

He also told them they will no longer have their name on the back of their game jerseys. He said they had to play as a team and that name is on the front of the jersey.

Sounds like Coach isn't going to put up with any "super-star" egos or "I'm too good to have to run laps"  BS.  From what I've heard and read so far he is definitely TEAM focused which I think may be the shot in the arm that PNG needs to succeed.

He also told them they will no longer have their name on the back of their game jerseys. He said they had to play as a team and that name is on the front of the jersey.

Some of the other sport coaches did not like not having the names of players on the back of their shirts, Jerseys, etc... That was a petty thing in my opinion to be mad at but it happened.

Burnett didn't promote a TEAM philosophy?

Sounds like Coach isn't going to put up with any "super-star" egos or "I'm too good to have to run laps"  BS.  From what I've heard and read so far he is definitely TEAM focused which I think may be the shot in the arm that PNG needs to succeed.

Burnett didn't promote a TEAM philosophy?

I didn't say he didn't, did I ?  I'm referring to what Coach Faircloth said about the names on the jerseys.

A PN-G person told me...A large lineman was puking and he was bending over.  Coach told him "we don't bend over--if you have to puke stand up straight like a man".  He also said all boys will play and all boys will be in shape.

actually he said all boys at the MS and Freshman level will play because it is a developmental stage and they need to find out who can and can't on the field at those ages. love the attitude!

He also wants ALL the middle school athletic periods to be first period so the varsity coaches can be at the middle school practices every morning.

He also wants ALL the middle school athletic periods to be first period so the varsity coaches can be at the middle school practices every morning.

Not a bad idea. Faircloth seems to be on top of everything. That way the varsity coaches can get a first hand look at the kids that will be the future for PNG. Oh. About the puking thing. When I played one practice we had in hot August I began to feel like throwing up. I told my coach that and he yelled at me "get over there and throw up then get back in line". That is just coaches talking.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83