What do you think Faircloth will do for the PNG football Program ?

pngfan66

Burnett didn't promote a TEAM philosophy?

He also told them they will no longer have their name on the back of their game jerseys. He said they had to play as a team and that name is on the front of the jersey.

Sounds like Coach isn't going to put up with any "super-star" egos or "I'm too good to have to run laps"  BS.  From what I've heard and read so far he is definitely TEAM focused which I think may be the shot in the arm that PNG needs to succeed.

nm....no point even addressing your crap.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having each kid get playing time in MS and on the Freshman team is what is needed. This philosophy is great !  You never know, you might have one of the men who doesn't play, or hasn't played much be our next great QB or running back. Sometimes the talent just doesn't show till someone is put into a situation where they have to perform. Also it helps to instill a stronger work ethic and team philosophy !!!  My feeling is that Faircloth will pull up to Varsity, from the JV team those men that seem to want to win and put out the extra effort. I think he will put in the players who he knows will get the job done, whether they are a Senior, Junior or Sophomore. Also requesting that the athletics be moved to first period is great. I wish the Varsity coaches would have been at GMS this last year to work with the 7th and 8th graders. I really think it would have helped alot !

Actually you were referring to it. Your words again:  "From what I've heard and read so far he is definitely TEAM focused which I think may be the shot in the arm that PNG needs to succeed".  I believe this is a "not TEAM focused in the past" statement.

He also told them they will no longer have their name on the back of their game jerseys. He said they had to play as a team and that name is on the front of the jersey.

Sounds like Coach isn't going to put up with any "super-star" egos or "I'm too good to have to run laps"  BS.  From what I've heard and read so far he is definitely TEAM focused which I think may be the shot in the arm that PNG needs to succeed.

I didn't say he didn't, did I ?   I'm referring to what Coach Faircloth said about the names on the jerseys.

Actually you were referring to it. Your words again:  "From what I've heard and read so far he is definitely TEAM focused which I think may be the shot in the arm that PNG needs to succeed".  I believe this is a "not TEAM focused in the past" statement.

I didn't say he didn't, did I ?   I'm referring to what Coach Faircloth said about the names on the jerseys.

OK.... ::).  Enlighten me...

I think you already have been.  ;D  ;D  ;D

OK.... ::).  Enlighten me...

I think to a new coach, 3 weeks of spring training is more beneficial than the 1 extra week they get in the fall.  So, personally, I would say they would partake in the spring.

I'm sure Burnett did, but Faircloth is doing it a little different.  ;)

Coop, have you heard anything about a Spring game and when it might be for PN-G?

Are we going to have spring ball?

I think to a new coach, 3 weeks of spring training is more beneficial than the 1 extra week they get in the fall.  So, personally, I would say they would partake in the spring.

I'm sure Burnett did, but Faircloth is doing it a little different.  ;)

Coop, have you heard anything about a Spring game and when it might be for PN-G?

Are we going to have spring ball?

Agreed!!!! I think we need to have spring ball this year.

I TOTALLY agree with you, Yankee Dawg!  Everyone is "equal" on the team, no one treated better than another...just what PNG needs.....I have a feelin the NDN's will do very well this year!  ;D

COOP, has the former OC and DC found jobs yet?

I'll find that out as well.

I would think they have offers. I know one of the coaches that was reassigned to middle school has several offers at area high schools.

I was wandering if anyone has gotten any names of the coaches coming in from outside to coach with Faircloth.

I TOTALLY agree with you, Yankee Dawg!  Everyone is "equal" on the team, no one treated better than another...just what PNG needs.....I have a feelin the NDN's will do very well this year!   ;D

I sure hope so Warrior.  He seems to know how to get things done and I'm sure he is going to be a great motivator for your kids, school and fans as well.

Should be the BEST MCM we've seen in a while!!

I TOTALLY agree with you, Yankee Dawg!  Everyone is "equal" on the team, no one treated better than another...just what PNG needs.....I have a feelin the NDN's will do very well this year!   ;D

I sure hope so Warrior.  He seems to know how to get things done and I'm sure he is going to be a great motivator for your kids, school and fans as well.

Should be the BEST MCM we've seen in a while!!

This is true.....and, it will be played at the "new" Reservation!  Awesome facility!!!!  Have you seen it yet?  I can't believe we have such a nice field in Southeast Texas!  Its GREAT!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83