HF Little Dribblers

Guest Reece

it's people like you who are never satisfied with anything that other people do...you sit back verbally criticizing others for what they do when you are no better....not one of you would not pick your son/daughter to be on an allstar team....good or bad....that's the whole purpose of parents coaching...this has been going on for eons of time....from the very inception of little dribblers....what makes this time any different....except when our new allstar coach moves on you will just criticize the next one because that's how the game is played....if there was a better way of picking allstars why have you genius' not come up with something different....and as to the one who brought up jm in coaching....jm didn't make it happen...so what does that say about his coaching....had the talent....but came up short....whether you like it or not....what you people need to do is work on trying to support the coaches and kids instead of tearing everything down....and if you could have done so much better why didn't you.... apparently you don't have it either....was jj done wrong by not being selected on the team....you bet he was, we all know that..and those of us who care are hurt by that but it wasn't just the coaches kids who you think shouldn't have made the team.....however that's one of the perks...and you all know that, too....the best thing that you all can do is move on...support both team and coaches and stop your belly aching...what's done is done....and win or lose in nationals the kids will benefit more if the parents would just act like adults

Guest Daddyballer

it's people like you who are never satisfied with anything that other people do...you sit back verbally criticizing others for what they do when you are no better....not one of you would not pick your son/daughter to be on an allstar team....good or bad....that's the whole purpose of parents coaching...this has been going on for eons of time....from the very inception of little dribblers....what makes this time any different....except when our new allstar coach moves on you will just criticize the next one because that's how the game is played....if there was a better way of picking allstars why have you genius' not come up with something different....and as to the one who brought up jm in coaching....jm didn't make it happen...so what does that say about his coaching....had the talent....but came up short....whether you like it or not....what you people need to do is work on trying to support the coaches and kids instead of tearing everything down....and if you could have done so much better why didn't you.... apparently you don't have it either....was jj done wrong by not being selected on the team....you bet he was, we all know that..and those of us who care are hurt by that but it wasn't just the coaches kids who you think shouldn't have made the team.....however that's one of the perks...and you all know that, too....the best thing that you all can do is move on...support both team and coaches and stop your belly aching...what's done is done....and win or lose in nationals the kids will benefit more if the parents would just act like adults

Well, I don't know about you guys but this person sounds like a tempermental female! Listen, I'm gonna' make one last go around and then I am out!  Listen... well I did have the priviledge of watching the head coach and JM coach a couple of times and yes, I do think JM has more skill and knowlegde of the game than the current head allstar coach.  JM did have good talent, but now that i am taking a good honest look at the other team, I hate to say it but MW talent was more superior and it was not the head coach's son nor the coach's talent that made the difference (I hope the selection of their top 2 players was not rigged- maybe this was the plan all the time).  Now that i think about it that coach and asst. coach's kid mostly sat the bench! Why was that?  I think I answered my own question from earlier.  They sat while other's ran up the score board.  Now, lastly, stop your singing about how you feel so bad for the lil kid who was "done wrong" all the while you are upholding the wrong-doing.  Just because others have dealt dirty does not mean you should join the band wagon! Gosh, you make me think your kid is an allstar.  Is it not amazing how all the parents whose kids are allstars seem to think that this is a normal phenomenom and though it sucks...you should "move on."  Well, all I have to say is enjoy the hoopdreams now because later on when the heat is on....the weak ones will fall! Hopefully, HF will win so that all the kids whose names will be on the banner that really did not deserve the road to glory, will always have a reference to remember when.... Oh, and you wanted a better solution.  Okay.  Well, there should be an outside panel or outside source to pick allstars or the allstar coach should not be given the reward of choosing kids.  His reward should only be to have the opportunity of coaching the allstar team and possilby having his name on the top of the championship banner.  That seems pretty simple-no rocket science involved.  Maybe a smarter more practical president next time will take my advice.  But hey like I said maybe this was the plan to make the process difficult...smoke screens!  I am out ya'll I have truly had a good time holding up the mirror so you all could see yourselves. I hope you like what you saw!  DaddyBaller!

wow....struck a chord....mmmmmm....tempermental female or ARROGANT MALE....what's the difference....so we are to bow down to your opinion....here's a news flash daddyballer...."there's always two sides to every story to find out the truth"...and apparently you didn't take the time to do that....except you think you are all knowing with your opinion...which is one side....sitting in the judgement seat from the outside not really knowing just assuming whats going on....why don't you slide down from your throne....what's even more ironic are those who sit in the shadows making asinine comments, slithering around like snakes in the grass but don't have the fortitude to contribute and make a difference....so what do you see in the mirror, daddyballer....and if i was the president of the league i definitely would not listen to one word you had to say....so i might just pass that on to her to be very very careful who she listens too....so now with your male ego you have to continue this cesspool and even stoop lower....well I'm done swimming in this toxic forum...with all of you...I've had my say and oh by the way daddyballer....that's called an opinion--not a tempermental female!!!!

Well, HF Little Dribblers got it wrong tonight.  Allstar selection in the major division was a disgrace.  Anyone who was there knows what I'm talking about. 

I have been around a few allstar selection meetings and have found that usually the top eight picks for the team are relatively easy; however, the last two picks for the team are always challenging.  Sometimes the last picks are based on maturity levels of the child or how coachable the child is.  My brother once coached a little dribblers team and did NOT put in son up for the Allstar team, which I have admired him for eversince.  Hope things smooth over out in HF........just a little dribbler dad...

The whole purpose in coaching is not suppose to be about sealing your kid an allstar position. If so, these coaches are coaching for the wrong reasons. Its also not one of the perks as you mentioned...the perk is teaching kids the game.  In little league the coaches (all of them, not just allstar coach) are not allowed to vote for their son.  Maybe that's something little dribblers should think about.    

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine