HF Little Dribblers

Guest Reece

Well, HF Little Dribblers got it wrong tonight.  Allstar selection in the major division was a disgrace.  Anyone who was there knows what I'm talking about. 

Well, HF Little Dribblers got it wrong tonight.  Allstar selection in the major division was a disgrace.  Anyone who was there knows what I'm talking about. 

I wasn't there but I did get a couple of phone calls after the voting took place. Actually there were some concerns BEFORE the voting took place. I was told there were different groups huddled up in every corner of the gym upset with some of the selections and the reasons why a couple of kids were selected. Personally, the real drama begins when the teams begin their tournament play BEFORE regionals.  There will be differences in coaching styles.

Dove, I believe it is going to be a group effort. I wasn't there, but rumor is the second place coaches will be assisting with the coaching.

Macattack, deserving or not, everyone knows the coaches' kids always make it. I really don't have a problem with it. They put the time in all year and they are going to give up a lot of time coaching the all star team. If they want their kid there I can live with that. I agree that there are probably a couple of deserving kids that got left out. Every allstar team is the same. The first seven or eight players are your best, then you get everyone else qualified and try to win the game. Playing your kid all the time while better kids sit on the bench, that's where the problem comes in. Let's give them a chance and assume they will do what's best for the team they have. If our top seven or eight are used correctly, this team can still win

Dove, I believe it is going to be a group effort. I wasn't there, but rumor is the second place coaches will be assisting with the coaching.

Macattack, deserving or not, everyone knows the coaches' kids always make it. I really don't have a problem with it.  They put the time in all year and they are going to give up a lot of time coaching the all star team. If they want their kid there I can live with that. I agree that there are probably a couple of deserving kids that got left out. Every allstar team is the same. The first seven or eight players are your best, then you get everyone else qualified and try to win the game. Playing your kid all the time while better kids sit on the bench, that's where the problem comes in. Let's give them a chance and assume they will do what's best for the team they have. If our top seven or eight are used correctly, this team can still win

Pick the best 10...the head coach and assistant coach pick the last two.

Hey Bluedove.........why is there going to be differences in coaching styles?  Isn't there just one main allstar coach that will make all the decisions?

You're egg'n this one on aren't you macattack? But I will bite a little for right now ;)  Now that all the guys are on the same team, they will all have to mesh together. Understand, all have something to contribute but a few of the players will have to take a backseat on this team. And thats with any all star team. There is only one ball to distribute. For example, some players who were leaders on their teams will now settle into role players. So you have to have a coach who will know what roles the players will play as they begin pre-regional play. And you have to have parents understand this concept. So you will have a coach who understands this and may be more vocal about this while the other coach's style is different.

Macattack, deserving or not, everyone knows the coaches' kids always make it. I really don't have a problem with it.  They put the time in all year and they are going to give up a lot of time coaching the all star team. If they want their kid there I can live with that. I agree that there are probably a couple of deserving kids that got left out. Every allstar team is the same. The first seven or eight players are your best, then you get everyone else qualified and try to win the game. Playing your kid all the time while better kids sit on the bench, that's where the problem comes in. Let's give them a chance and assume they will do what's best for the team they have. If our top seven or eight are used correctly, this team can still win

Pick the best 10...the head coach and assistant coach pick the last two.

I agree!

Guest Daddyballer

Well WJBooger...I really do not agree with you on this matter!  The coach chooses to coach and his reward comes from working with the kids.....VOLUNTEERING TIME!  He is not owed ANY compensation.  Certainly you do not reward a coach by disappointing a more deserving child.  Besides, what does it teach the undeserving child?  Falsehoods...that's all.  Believe me, that poor kid will probably hear about it at school on Monday.  Hopefully he won't be treated too badly by all the others kids who realize that he only got the ALLSTAR status because he is the coach's kid.  Now, WJBooger based on your response, your kid must'ave made Allstars since you really don't have regards for the more deserving kid who was done wrong for the sake of Daddy Ball!  It's just another example of it's all about my kid...to hell with anyone else.  Infact, why don't you let this kid that was left out have your son's allstar spot!  Oh, that's right...I bet you think your son is one of the elite 7 or 8!  Hey, I have got the spirit of a populist!

I agree with Daddyballer.  I'm sure WJBooger WOULD have a problem with this if his kid was the one that didn't make the team.  If a coach doesn't want to take on the priviledge of coaching an allstar team without his son, then please pass the torch to someone else.  I'm sure the second place team coach would gladly take the position.  Don't forget that at the end of the day a child doesn't understand what happened.  Children don't understand the STUPID politics that we are all talking about.

I do agree with you guys. The best players should be the all stars. Name one year that has ever happened. Let me save you some time. NEVER. The huddles Dove was talking about was specifically for this reason. Everyone was wondering which deserving kids would be left off for a coach's kid. Everyone acts like this is some big surprise. I'm just saying I'm not surprised at all. Evryone knew this would happen. The only way to make it fair would be to leave coaches out of the selection process. Do I think the best kids made the team? No. Did I know they were selecting for spots to fill after coaches' kids? Yes. Is it fair? NO. Is it any different from every other year? No. Am I surprised? No, and you shouldn't be either.

Guest Daddyballer

I do agree with you guys. The best players should be the all stars. Name one year that has ever happened. Let me save you some time. NEVER. The huddles Dove was talking about was specifically for this reason. Everyone was wondering which deserving kids would be left off for a coach's kid. Everyone acts like this is some big surprise. I'm just saying I'm not surprised at all. Evryone knew this would happen. The only way to make it fair would be to leave coaches out of the selection process. Do I think the best kids made the team? No. Did I know they were selecting for spots to fill after coaches' kids? Yes. Is it fair? NO. Is it any different from every other year? No. Am I surprised? No, and you shouldn't be either.

Well, yes we should all be surprised and yes, all things are possible, but I was hoping that the head coach would be a bigger person than what was obviously witnessed.  Secondly, make no mistake, EVERYONE knows who was screwd out of the Allstar position-hands down!  Not much conversation had to go on about that I'm sure.  This kid that did not get picked-is picked every year except this one! But hey, the coach can move on and act as if all is perfect in the world but he should know the rest of the world knows the truth and deep down he will never be able to escape the truth. So, yotta yotta yotta on "every year this is like this" because as we all agree this is not right!  One more thing, coaches, and wanta' be coaches....if your son is sorry....please do your child a favor-don't coach his team!

Well, yes we should all be surprised and yes, all things are possible, but I was hoping that the head coach would be a bigger person than what was obviously witnessed.  Secondly, make no mistake, EVERYONE knows who was screwd out of the Allstar position-hands down!  Not much conversation had to go on about that I'm sure.  This kid that did not get picked-is picked every year except this one! But hey, the coach can move on and act as if all is perfect in the world but he should know the rest of the world knows the truth and deep down he will never be able to escape the truth. So, yotta yotta yotta on "every year this is like this" because as we all agree this is not right!  One more thing, coaches, and wanta' be coaches....if your son is sorry....please do your child a favor-don't coach his team!

Okay lets talk about how we are going to win this year with the team we have.

I don't remember the rules but don't you have to let all the all-stars play at least a quarter, minus the alternatives?

Yes. Every player, excluding alternates, must qualify. They each have to play one full quarter.

Rules such as this forces a coach to really coach or their weakneses in strategy will really show.

I don't remember the rules but don't you have to let all the all-stars play at least a quarter, minus the alternatives?

Yes. Every player, excluding alternates, must qualify. They each have to play one full quarter.

Rules such as this forces a coach to really coach or their weakneses in strategy will really show.

Good luck with that.....Your coach was 0-2 right out of the gate in last years regional in Lubbock.  Hopefully he will accept some help this year.  I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm just a witness to it all, but, from what I hear, there is quite a bit of talent and if all the players are used properly good things could happen.  Its a must that they are coached well.

Good luck with that.....Your coach was 0-2 right out of the gate in last years regional in Lubbock.  Hopefully he will accept some help this year.  I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm just a witness to it all, but, from what I hear, there is quite a bit of talent and if all the players are used properly good things could happen.  Its a must that they are coached well.

You could be right. That may be our biggest hurdle.

Guest Daddyballer

Does anyone know whether J.M. will really coach with the head coach?  He seems to really know basketball and would be huge help to the head coach.  I just don't know.  I have seen JM at a game or so and his personality seems real strong.  I feel like if the he makes suggestions-a correct one I might add and the head coach does not listen....this could get ugly.  I dont see JM backing down.  Anyhow, what's so different with this team versus last year?  I thought we were something last year and it did not work out.

Does anyone know whether J.M. will really coach with the head coach?  He seems to really know basketball and would be huge help to the head coach.  I just don't know.  I have seen JM at a game or so and his personality seems real strong.  I feel like if the he makes suggestions-a correct one I might add and the head coach does not listen....this could get ugly.  I dont see JM backing down.  Anyhow, what's so different with this team versus last year?  I thought we were something last year and it did not work out.

Trust me, you don't really want to hear the truth! You may think you do :-X

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder