4-Team Playoffs...

smitty

I'm old enough, we only took 1 from each district. I guess it gives the kids the playoff experience but the biggest factor is the dollar - Schools like PNG, Nederland, Lumberton, or Dayton, that carry a large traveling fan base, make a lot of money for their school districts, especially when the season is extended through the semi's of finals - I didn't mean to slight anyone's fan base, I'm just more familiar with these schools because we have faced each other and I've seen their playoff games over the past few years -

I feel 1 team is not enough. To me 2 teams in the playoffs is enough.  This way a team can really feel they've earned something.  I think what you have now is nothing more than a money thing.  But if this is the reason: why not make it more of a joke and let them all go?!

I'm old enough, we only took 1 from each district. I guess it gives the kids the playoff experience but the biggest factor is the dollar - Schools like PNG, Nederland, Lumberton, or Dayton, that carry a large traveling fan base, make a lot of money for their school districts, especially when the season is extended through the semi's of finals - I didn't mean to slight anyone's fan base, I'm just more familiar with these schools because we have faced each other and I've seen their playoff games over the past few years -

If it bothers you don't respond.

Old topic...

It's one of those that will resurface every year with new posters.... yawn

Yes indeed!  Lol.

not bothered... wait til you're on here for a couple years and you'll notice the trends of how the same threads pop up over and over.

I'll stick to the topic though...

I feel that it waters down the playoffs but every so often you get a 4th place team that make a serious run but IMO they are too few and far between to warrant taking 4 every year. 2 is plenty for me.

If you ask me, the only reason there are 4 teams in the playoffs now, is so that the number 1 seed can get a live game practice in before the real tough games start. Of course that can come back and bite you right in the butt too, just ask the L-Town fans.

Dayton got a whole lot more than a live game practice from Livingston too!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline