****Coach Stowers resigns today****

BearWolf

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to Coach. I wish him well in FW/D. It's gonna be rougher before smoother over there. Compitition is gonna be something else.

Jags just gonna have to regroup. BISD need to look at themselves and see why it is they can't hold on to coaches. The athletes are there.

I gotta agree something is wrong. But i've talked and ex Jag that says him and a few other exes would like to come in and solidify this program.

Good luck to Coach. I wish him well in FW/D. It's gonna be rougher before smoother over there. Compitition is gonna be something else.

Jags just gonna have to regroup. BISD need to look at themselves and see why it is they can't hold on to coaches. The athletes are there.

I gotta agree something is wrong. But i've talked and ex Jag that says him and a few other exes would like to come in and solidify this program.

Who wouldn't say that?  There are quite of few people who would take 75 grand to be a HC in BMT where they are from!  In fact they could be satisfied rubbing elbows w/ the right people and not have a clue about what to do vs cover 2 or how to roll the safeties to cov 3...like Stowers taught!

Who wouldn't say that?  There are quite of few people who would take 75 grand to be a HC in BMT where they are from!  In fact they could be satisfied rubbing elbows w/ the right people and not have a clue about what to do vs cover 2 or how to roll the safeties to cov 3...like Stowers taught!

Kenneth Ruben is coaching in Nebraska right now. He's earning his degree right now. He said he will be applying for the position. And he looks to build on that loyalty I've been speaking of. Hell like I said, the coach Central need may already be right under BISD's nose.

Kenneth Ruben is coaching in Nebraska right now. He's earning his degree right now. He said he will be applying for the position. And he looks to build on that loyalty I've been speaking of. heck like I said, the coach Central need may already be right under BISD's nose.

It seems like BISD doesn't want anyone from outside to come in...but they'd like to promote someone!  Or move somebody over!

BISD just doesn't pay enough.

The problem starts right at the top. BISD isn't gonna pay a HC more than the principal at the school makes, therefore there seems to be a revolving door at the place. Maybe Thomas would be willing to take some of his overpaid $300+K salary and give his principals a raise so the HC's would get some of the jingle, and we'd be able to keep the HC's that are decent and have them stop using BISD athletics as a stepping stone.

Very good point about thomas. He gets a clearly ouststanding grade each year yet very few of his schools meet the state acceptable rating. Very shady hiring practices with the bond issue yet no one says anything. He has schools fallen apart around him, and he is the highest paid sup. in the state per student ratio. Again leadership starts at the top, if you want to keep good coaches get a good administrator.

There is an issue about Patricia Lambert and Stowers, they never did see eye to eye about anything. She was busted in having the head Janitor working at her house while he was on the clock at Central. She blamed Stowers and Rice for telling the Examiner about this issue.

Hey, I understand that there will always be kids that fall through the cracks, I am just saying I would like to see  ore that at least prepare better.  I am not saying it is Stower's fault.  I think he did a great job.  It is truely all about preparation, it is difficult to pass a test when it is taken at the last minute.  All these kids can take the SAT in 10th grade, waiting until the second half of your senior year just doesn't cut the mustard!

I just want someone to take the extra step with these kids similar to the way Coach Dixon thook with us and our books...  From the starter to the guy way down at the end of the bench.  

Hey, I understand that there will always be kids that fall through the cracks, I am just saying I would like to see  ore that at least prepare better.  I am not saying it is Stower's fault.  I think he did a great job.  It is truely all about preparation, it is difficult to pass a test when it is taken at the last minute.  All these kids can take the SAT in 10th grade, waiting until the second half of your senior year just doesn't cut the mustard!

I just want someone to take the extra step with these kids similar to the way Coach Dixon thook with us and our books...  From the starter to the guy way down at the end of the bench.  

Coach Stowers had them taking SATs during the Junior years on!  He aslo used Character Enhancement Day...which was Wednesday which he used to help kids learn how to carry themselves!  It's hard to erase a lifetime of ignorance in a short few years!  I think he did a stand up job! 

And because Stowers cares...Victor Spikes got his scholarship to Utah despite leaving on his own accord!  Stowers stayed in contact with the recruiter who loved seeing Spikes while at Central...he didn't get the scholar b/c of what he did at Marshall!

Honestly..Yea your rite...They make it work..Buh Look at wuh thoes schools have...And look at THE STUFF CENTRAL HAS..The only school they may be in our boat is Lamaque,,,there facilitys isnt that good either..nut its nt as bas as centrals tho...Ms.Lambert wont even let central Have an athletic period were the team can lift weights from wuh i heard..I think Centrals Athletes are better den thoes schools..buh because of wuh they give des athletes..they'll never reach there full potential..I mean they say the school stowers is going to...Thier weight room is as big as the whole field house...

Again, I did not say he did not try... But there are coaches that have made it work... Lamarque, Yates, and Northshore have alot of those same kids... But somehow they make it work a little bit better. 

What do they have that we don't: How about parent support!  That has always been an issue here!  They have a winning history..crap son, you named programs that have won state titles...You're comparing oranges to apples!

I agree obcowboy!!  A caoch should not have to step in and do a parents job!!  They sure try but they cannot replace a parent!! Same thing goes for teachers.  What these kids need is the support of their parents!  They need to be held accountable, not just at school and practice, but at home most importantly!!!!!

I agree obcowboy!!  A caoch should not have to step in and do a parents job!!  They sure try but they cannot replace a parent!! Same thing goes for teachers.  What these kids need is the support of their parents!  They need to be held accountable, not just at school and practice, but at home most importantly!!!!!

Yes, kids need their parent's support.

No, it is not fair that a coach needs to step up in place of the parent.

But the fact is that some coaches do take the place of parents. Many people have grown up successful in life due to a teacher or coach or mentor stepping up in place of a parent. It has always been that way and it will always be that way.

No matter how much anyone talks about it should start at home (and they are correct, it SHOULD) the simple fact is that there will always be kids left behind by parents that are not doing their job. What do you do with these children? Do you let them go because their parents are a failure or does someone else try to take the place of the parents?

When someone figures out the way to make parents responsible, please let the rest of us in on the secret. Until then, let's hope that there are mentors that will at least try to step in and give some guidance in the lives of children that have no where else to turn.

I don't have any child playing football at Central, but I get out there and support those boys like they was my own. I will go to Jv games and the other team have parents support and look at Central side and see a few parents out there. I leave work tired, but I have go and give support to my boys in Maroon and silver. I love those guys!

i

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder