****Coach Stowers resigns today****

BearWolf

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ain't this just about right, success brings more money. The area teams can't get coaches that's willing to stick with the kids and build that community loyalty. But you know, it's how it goes in the sporting business from all three levels. If and that's a big "IF" Central can land a alumni from the pass to coach these kids he'd be more dedicated to them. Kurvis Fontneaux, Jeff Nelson, Malcolm Frank, Reggie Corbin ect... I'm telling you would be helluva candidates. Ex area players would be the answer.

GOOD LUCK STOWERS YOU DID US PROUD  Gonna miss ya :'(. Central will be alright.

I agree that these kids are getting cheated!!  But, it can't be Coach Stowers fault.  There has to be a reason that a coach would leave a 4th round playoff deep program and it is not the money!!!  Maybe a few red flags should be going up around BISD.  This seems to be a pretty common thing with the last few coaches that were successful here.  Being an ex-coach myself, I know that you don't just walk away from a program that you poured everything you had into to build it to this level.  Something caused him to leave...why am I the only one that sees that?

There's a chance the Ozen coach might be leaving also.  If Stump leaves then all HC jobs in Beaumont will be open.  One problem I see is that they pay the HC's the same amount, irregardless of success.  From what I understand it's in the 70K range.  Plus each coach does not total control.  This was the argument I had from the beginning why Stump should make the move to PN-G.  Just a though.

I agree that these kids are getting cheated!!  But, it can't be Coach Stowers fault.  There has to be a reason that a coach would leave a 4th round playoff deep program and it is not the money!!!  Maybe a few red flags should be going up around BISD.  This seems to be a pretty common thing with the last few coaches that were successful here.  Being an ex-coach myself, I know that you don't just walk away from a program that you poured everything you had into to build it to this level.  Something caused him to leave...why am I the only one that sees that?

I agree with you, 91bears.  Why would he leave a program that he has built up and has had success with.  I don't think its a "money" thing.  There has to be something there that doesn't meet the eye.

Yea, good luck.  I guess.  This is not the news I needed to hear.  Everytime we get to the brink of being where Central Football is supposed to be, the coach jets out.  Happened with Suggs after going 3 rounds deep in 2003, at that time, was the farthest any Jag team went.  Now this year after a 4th round appearance.  

Can't cry over spilled milk.  Have to move on.  Whatever coach steps in will have a group of talented young men to work with.  Next year still looks bright for our boys!

Hey Soulja,

Why do you think that is?  Is the Admin that hard to work with?  too much politics?  Not enuf money? 

I don't know how things operate around there so I have no clue, but BISD may need to examine themselves as to why they can't keep a good coach.  And I think you know me well enough to know that I say this with all respect to the program (and you).  As a taxpayer, I wouldn't be too happy about it either, and would start to ask questions.

Or, maybe, since "The Examiner" is the self proclaimed righter of all bad things, they could investigate it and try to make the district looks worse than it really is, like they did PNG's (O.K., THAT was intended as sarcasm)

There's a chance the Ozen coach might be leaving also.  If Stump leaves then all HC jobs in Beaumont will be open.  One problem I see is that they pay the HC's the same amount, irregardless of success.  From what I understand it's in the 70K range.  Plus each coach does not total control.  This was the argument I had from the beginning why Stump should make the move to PN-G.  Just a though.

BmtSoulja1 and I discussed Ozen's coach possibly leaving last night and, man, if Stump does decide to make a move BISD is really gonna get caught with its pants down this spring. And with Central's offensive coordinator putting his hat in the ring for the LC-M job, I just don't know what is going to happen on the bountiful side of the Neches.

I wish Stowers good luck though. He is a very classy guy and did wonders with the program over there. I hope everything works out for him.

Yea, good luck.  I guess.  This is not the news I needed to hear.  Everytime we get to the brink of being where Central Football is supposed to be, the coach jets out.  Happened with Suggs after going 3 rounds deep in 2003, at that time, was the farthest any Jag team went.  Now this year after a 4th round appearance.  

Can't cry over spilled milk.  Have to move on.  Whatever coach steps in will have a group of talented young men to work with.  Next year still looks bright for our boys!

Hey Soulja,

Why do you think that is?  Is the Admin that hard to work with?  too much politics?  Not enuf money? 

I don't know how things operate around there so I have no clue, but BISD may need to examine themselves as to why they can't keep a good coach.  And I think you know me well enough to know that I say this with all respect to the program (and you).  As a taxpayer, I wouldn't be too happy about it either, and would start to ask questions.

Or, maybe, since "The Examiner" is the self proclaimed righter of all bad things, they could investigate it and try to make the district looks worse than it really is, like they did PNG's (O.K., THAT was intended as sarcasm)

I have no idea.  I know that our kids deserve the best.  I have a sibling that is at Central and all she tells me is how the guys have been talking about football and how they want a state championship next year.  That's all they say 24/7.  Then this happens. 

I really thought that Stowers had the kids interest in mind and I hope that this was true.  Maybe a Central Alum is the answer.  Someone that takes pride in the school and from the neighborhoods and know what it means to wear the Maroon and Gray. 

I believe Stowers did have the kids best interest at heart!! But again I will say as a coach there has to be a reason someone would leave a program that they built to such a high level!!!  So obviously, Stowers had to put his family and its best interest to the forefront!!  I am sure he is having a hard time leaving these boys!!  But, as a coach once told me when I had to leave a very successful program for my family, you cannot stay at a job for the players only!!  You have to do what is best for you and your family!!  And I am sure if the situation in Beaumont would have been what was best for him he WOULD NOT be leaving these kids behind!  Something is not right in Beaumont ISD!!!

It's not about being a Central Grad...that ain't gonna make a difference...right is right and you deserve what you sussposed to get!  Stowers didn't have his coaches in the athletic period and plus they limited him on what he could get done!  He might have felt like he didn't have the support of the higher ups!  People talk a good game but refuse to back it up!  Like this year, instead of being excited about being in the 4th round, people were complaining about the location of the game and calling Stowers stupid for picking that site!  Shame on us!  You bring in a Central Guy and see if he stays thru the slaps, jabs, and shots that he's gonna get regardless of whether he wins or loses!  If you get offered a better situation (money, facilities, more diverse, no staying till 9 or 10pm b/c parents won't come pick up their kids) you'd have to really look at it!

Well I know some administrators had their issues with Stowers but all in all he did a great job.  3 playoff appearances in 4 years and one regional final round trip.  I can easily see a coach leaving BMT for a meal ticket in Houston or Dallas... The venues are just much more publicized.  Why be in a town where your local news fails to cover your school's achievements?  Game stats for the local games cannot be found?  Also, where you have minimal parent evolvement, and you have low income kids that are not self motivating.

I wonder what is he doing for the kids? Their has been 4 blue chip players in his 4 year tenure, Charles Thomas, Victor Spikes, Frog, and Brandon Williams.  If charlie goes to school he will be the only one to make it further education.  Ozen has been irrelevant in football but they have sent 3 kids to big time schools in the last 4 years.  Personally I would rather these kids be on a losing team going on to further their education than to be on a winning team where they never leave Beaumont.  It may not be his fault but I have seen athletes from Central go on to college or at least qualify to go on to college.

Hey Shorttexas, Williams and Frog both signed big time division I scholarships.  He got them the scholarships and they failed to keep them.  you can't make a child pass the SAT.  You can't take it for them and you could force them them to show up for the test but you can't keep them from sleeping during it.  However, several kids have gone on to play college football.  And although it may be at a smaller school, they are still getting their education.  And in reference to your comment about losing programs sending kids to big time schools, maybe those coaches aren't doing thir jobs well.  Why aren't they winning??

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33