Danaher and Vance...

I think we need to focus our attention on the pro, cons and possibilities that the top two candidates can offer Port Neches. With all the rumors about "why" the candidates applied, it would be great to discuss their experience and exactly what these candidates can do for our program.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I am partial to Danaher. I went through his program in the late 80s and have been a family friend for 20 years. He doesn't just build great teams, he teaches boys to be men. If he comes here, our atheletes better be ready to be participate in probably one of the most brutal off season programs around. His teams are definitely never out conditioned.

Danaher, wins year in and year out with a similar talent leval as we have. Can't argue with his record. If he could give PNG 8 - 10  years I would think the job is his. What he could teach our younger coaches is priceless also.

I don't know much about Vance other than his record.

You're right. I've seen them succeed against teams with much better talent. Very regimented and disciplined are the best descriptions. This time of year his team is going through boot camp. The purpose is to teach them to think on their toes when they are exhausted. Memory lapses are punished immediately. When one athlete makes a mistake, the whole team gets punished.  And weak athletes (both mind and body) are culled from the group.

I wouldn't let the focus stop on just the two HC, I would throw Faircloth and Garrett in there as well. If rumors are true about Vance and Danaher, and who knows if they are then we need someone else waiting in the wings. Need to read Odessa paper, has some accomplishments of Faircloth and talks highly of PNG

Drop Vance, Stump and Danaher out of the equation. Who would your next top 5 be ? and why ?

I'm going to try to keep it short

1. Brandon Faircloth- Odessa Permian OC- his offense has produced more yards or second most in Permian history. That says alot. coached at Westlake and Highland Park

2. Jamie Critchlow_ OC @A&M Commerce- has HC experience at Tyler JC where the offense was ranked 8th in NJCAA, 4th in passing with a 9-9 record. Has alot of JC coaching experience.

3. David Satcher- OC @ Clear Lake HS- has a proven defense in a tough district and selected to be one of the coaches in the all star game. Also has some college coaching experience and has ties to PNG.

4. Chris Garrett- Assistant @ Duncanville HS- Young energetic coach wanting the PNG job enough to tallk with several people from the community. The only one to do so that I know of. Played for Plano HS as a player winning 2 state championships. Knows what it takes to be a winner and ex-miltary, knows about teamwork. He's coached at college level also.

5. Leonard McAngus- HC Justin Northwest- HC at Gonzales for 6 years and Justin NW for 6 years. Good HC/AD experience and currently in tough 5-5A district with Euless Trinity. Teams have been ok, his kid plays for Air Force. Seems to be a good guy, and possibly in the running behind all of the other guys.

I'm bias!!! I played with David at PNG and have known him all my life. He is a great guy personal as well as a great young coach. I would love to see him get his opportunity back at PNG. That is why. I think, looking at the other guys resumes that they look great. But that is on paper. You never know if the coordinator behind the HC is the one doing the work or if the OC/DC is just a title and the HC is pulling the strings. In David's case I know it's all him.

What's his history as a HC?

Faircloth would be the best hire...young guy who wants to be at PNG for the long haul...coached at three of the premier programs in the state of Texas...innovative offense that puts up huge numbers...great person that will make a positive impact on the young men and the community. 

I like the experience Faircloth has at great football program schools like (OPermian, HP, and Westlake) however there are many old Permian, Plano, Katy etc young coaches that have went out and took 3A HD coaching jobs to have the full experience of Head Coach....The people in the PNGISD would eat him alive if things were not even going close to their way....Not good for a young gun....

If Danaher wants it, its his...I think Vance would do Ok.....However I think people are overlooking guys like Judd, Chancellor and the guy from Justin Northwest (look at that district and his past experience)....

I would want to know more on Fairlcoth and if he is actually "calling the shots"...They just brought in an Assoc. Head Coach????.....Hmmmm

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder