16 days till......GAME DAY #2!!!!

ST413

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there a local game in any sport that generates as much excitement as this game on here?  the only one i can think of offhand that would rival this would be a lumberton-dayton rematch.

Silsbee vs Bmt Hebert..IMO was more intense than this rivalry...We just did not have away of talking about...no internet ;D ;D

is there a local game in any sport that generates as much excitement as this game on here?  the only one i can think of offhand that would rival this would be a lumberton-dayton rematch.

Silsbee vs Bmt Hebert..IMO was more intense than this rivalry...We just did not have away of talking about...no internet ;D ;D

I agree. Our senior year when we played Hebert the first time around in district, Hebert was ranked #1 in 4A, we were #4. Silsbee won that game 49-47. In the second game, Silsbee was #2 in state, Hebert was #3, but Hebert won that one, 56-53. We had to have a one game playoff to see who would go to the playoffs( back then, only one team went to the playoffs ) and Hebert took that one in the Beaumont Civic Center, 62-58. Hebert went on to win the state championship that year.

Fred Williams, the coach for Hebert, was quoted in the Austin-American Statesman after winning the title, that he felt the best team in the state was still back at home, meaning Silsbee. :'(

I can remember the tiebreaker games with Lincoln in the Montagne.  One game with them in particular where they were  ahead big in the fourth.  Their  fans were singing,  twirling their umbellas just going crazy.  But our press started to get to them and we ended up winning.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder