Will Kirbyville Make States in Tennis ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the k-ville girls tennis team has always been really strong. It's usually what wins at team tennis while the boy's team stalls while the girls rack up the points

Funny you say that, beings that both boys and girls take district every year. I dont know much about Team tennis, didnt have that when I played, but I can tell you yes the girls have always been strong, but so have the boys. You dont take district for that many years on both sides..(boys and girls, singles and doubles)!!! Kirbyville Dominates!!!

Well about three or four years ago when Salina was a junior and senior and P.J. Delaune, Kyle Bell, Kyle Cofy, and Conner Fuller were still in school the boys team was strong but they weren't able to hang very well with Matt and Jordan Deaver or with very many of the region teams. Bcause regionals is a whole nother story, but yes K-ville dominates its district.

Well about three or four years ago when Salina was a junior and senior and P.J. Delaune, Kyle Bell, Kyle Cofy, and Conner Fuller were still in school the boys team was strong but they weren't able to hang very well with Matt and Jordan Deaver or with very many of the region teams. Bcause regionals is a whole nother story, but yes K-ville dominates its district.

Well said they little fella  ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yea I bet it would be a good match to watch because I heard that Tippett and Atkinson only lost 6-8 to Mason at team tennis this year and Mason won first. What other 2A schools in regionals or state have a good boys doubles team?

Mason has a very good tennis program and I believe tennis is the only sport that the school has.  At least that is what I heard.  Also heard that Mason brought a boat load of kids to RR for the tourn.  That is very good that Lane and Cole played that well!  Wasn't that the only match that they lost from Reg. all the way to State?

They lost to Wall 4-6 4-6 after crushed spirits from losing so closely to Mason and then hearing that even if we won we couldn't get a playback for 2nd. I guess they just didn't care to win because the Wall team didn't look tough at all.

I understand that they were crushed after the loss to Mason, but there is no reason they should have given up to Wall.  No matter if you get 2nd or 3rd they should have made a statement in that match.  just my .02

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder