Input on Superbowl DVDs

videoguy

Ok, I might be sticking my neck out on this.  Sheffield Productions was there on invite and support of the STJFL and we would like to be invited again next season. 

Viewers saw the product on the big screen and supporters bought DVDs ( thankyou very much ).  What would you viewers and supporters like to see more of;  or changed? 

Yes, everyone gets to play "Siskel & Ebert" here.  The only thing I ask is. . .  if you give us a "thumbs down" on anything,  please try and praise us on something we did right or that you liked. 

We were your official video for the STJFL's Superbowl and we want to do whatever we can to be better. 

Cast those views and ballots - be gentle if you can.

Ok, I might be sticking my neck out on this.  Sheffield Productions was there on invite and support of the STJFL and we would like to be invited again next season.   

Viewers saw the product on the big screen and supporters bought DVDs ( thankyou very much ).  What would you viewers and supporters like to see more of;  or changed? 

Yes, everyone gets to play "Siskel & Ebert" here.   The only thing I ask is. . .  if you give us a "thumbs down" on anything,  please try and praise us on something we did right or that you liked.   

We were your official video for the STJFL's Superbowl and we want to do whatever we can to be better.   

the only thing that I wish would have happened was that all of the plays would have been caught on tape from beginning.  What I'm talking about is there were a few plays where the beginning was missed because of a replay of the previous play.  A few shots of the grass or air was caught.

But you know what?  I was not able to see my son play that game because I was involved in a car wreck on my way to the game.  The only chance I had was watching it via DVD and I was pleased beyond words at what I saw!  The color commentary (is that what its called?) was awesome and very professional.  The fact that the kids were able to introduce themselves up front was very classy!

I cried a few times because I was so proud to see my son on the screen.  Knowing that he has something that he can look back on tomorrow, next month, next year, when he's older just thrills me!!!!

GREAT, AWESOME, TERRIFIC JOB!  WELL DONE and very much worth the $25 (and more!)

Yes, everyone gets to play "Siskel & Ebert" here.   The only thing I ask is. . .  if you give us a "thumbs down" on anything,  please try and praise us on something we did right or that you liked.   

No shots of the kids on the visitor sideline only the kids on the home sideline.

I loved just about every single thing about it. The commentators were excellent. My only regret is somehow they called my son Chad Davis throughout the DVD. His name is Chad Dallas. He was the QB and Defensive end (#7) for WOS on the PeeWee team. Other than that I loved it and the price was very fair.

Working in Tv production and managing the crew at Delta Downs, I can tell you this is no small feat covering a football game. I loved the pole shot of the sideline huddle in the junior game. The announcers needed to know the scoring system on the extra points. There were a few ground shots on the junior game had you had the time to edit could have been taken out. But for such a quick tournaround I thought the finished product was excellant and I doubt that it could have been better done. I loved the slow-mo shots. To be nitpicky, you could hear people talking in the background in the audio and I know had I been on the Lumberton side I would have wanted some shout outs to the crowd and their cheerleaders. Overall, I would say very well done. Hope ya'll come back next year.

I thought the production was good and it made my son laugh that the announcers did not know who had the ball during his Pee Wee game.  He thought it was great that he and his teammates fooled them.  Even though we lost, it will be something we can look back on and see how great he played!

Lol, yeah I think ya'll faked out not only us but the camera crew several times.  ;D ;D ;D

I thought the production was good and it made my son laugh that the announcers did not know

who had the ball during his Pee Wee game.  He thought it was great that he and his teammates fooled them.  Even though we lost, it will be something we can look back on and see how great he played!

Thought the video was great!!!!! although i found it was a little rude not to get pic of visiting team's children on the sidelines as well!  i realize we were the "visiting" team  - however it was the superbowl for kids not pros and they would have liked to have seen themselves as well.  After all, visiting teams purchased the video to make memories as well as the home team's. Hope we're back next year as well as yall it was great coverage!!! Just remember- in any function - try to cover both side...  ;)

Thought the video was great!!!!! although i found it was a little rude not to get pic of visiting team's children on the sidelines as well!  i realize we were the "visiting" team  - however it was the superbowl for kids not pros and they would have liked to have seen themselves as well.  After all, visiting teams purchased the video to make memories as well as the home team's. Hope we're back next year as well as yall it was great coverage!!! Just remember- in any function - try to cover both side...  ;)

YEs, I have to agree.  I thought that there was two different DVD's - one for WOS and for LUmberton.  I've since learned from the posts here that was not the case. 

Def. need to work on that.

I will let the video guy speakk for himself, but I would assume the cables and stuff dont reach that for. Remember, the player intros had to be done on the homeside for a reason. It is just my guess.  Last year, it cost $500 ot $1000 worth a sponorship to get them out there, since there is not a gaunrantee on video sales. I think if everyone wants more than they can give, the league needs to people to step up.

I will let the video guy speakk for himself, but I would assume the cables and stuff dont reach that for. Remember, the player intros had to be done on the homeside for a reason. It is just my guess.  Last year, it cost $500 ot $1000 worth a sponorship to get them out there, since there is not a gaunrantee on video sales. I think if everyone wants more than they can give, the league needs to people to step up.

very good point.  something to think about for next season.  most def. a good point.

You are exactly right on that..however, you can get an transmitter,battery pack, and antennae that would allow what we call in the business as an ENG (Electronic News Gathering) camera to roam free without cables. I don't know if they can afford this or not. It would be great to have so then the camera could roam free and without cables. To be honest, the video was for the kids anyways not the crowd. It would have been nice to have the Raider cheerleaders to come over at least at the half so they could be on camera also.

??? ooopppps didn't mean to upset anyone.  Just thought they wanted input and that was my input :-\... first i heard of the cords not reaching.  Thanks to everyone who did step up the video was great......

??? ooopppps didn't mean to upset anyone.  Just thought they wanted input and that was my input :-\... first i heard of the cords not reaching.  Thanks to everyone who did step up the video was great......

Ltrain I don't think anyone was upset.  Your input was very good and made others think of other things that could be changed.  Your post was aokay

No one upset here and all positive input and feedback.

We do regret that DVD does not have the visitor's side and the sideline closeups like the homeside, but several posters were right when they pointed out cable length is the limiting factor.  We use 500' cables to get the shots that we do .  500 foot is "pushing the signal " limits pretty stout.  We have tried sending a camera cable down the track, around the endzone and down the track again ( 800' +) but the picture was too degraded to use. 

We are also limited to pressbox sides of stadiums because of pressbox facilities for our announcers.  Even though Ned has a visitor pressbox;  we needed to stay on the home side because of the tie-in to the Big Video Board.

Last but not least, wireless systems ( at least for one camera ). . . we tried to rent one from channel 6, 4, or 12; but they don't have them for the same reason we don't  -- the expense.

Another good point and input was about editing.  We are shooting the game directly to DVD. NO editing or corrections can be made to the product.  Basically the product is like "Live TV".  When we do make mistakes, like our announcers saying someone's name wrong,  it becomes part of the final product.  I regret our audio and video mistakes and the taping is not perfect, but how else could one start making DVD copies of a game just minutes after it ends?

Thanks to all coaches and teams that gave us typed rosters of players, in numerical order with first AND last names. 

Special thanks to Troy Jones and the league for the support and faith in what we try to accomplish in just a few hours time.

Hats off to Ronnie Trahan and NISD for working so hard to get the video board up and running for the Super Bowl.    Finally, a heartfelt thanks to all that took time to give feedback and input on the taping.  It was a fun day for everyone ( especially our crew ) and we tried to put our best foot forward for all involved.

Watch those replays once again and Merry Christmas to all.

It was ok... I didn't mean to come across brash, it is what I observed. I know last year we had sponsors. Not sure about his year.

One more thing.

I keep watching the video thinking it might end in a win for Lumberton... If you can make that happen on the DVD I'll buy 2 :)

If that happens Coach, I want my money back!  ;D For sure on the Peewee game.

Thanks to the whole video crew. Overall I think it was a great idea and the kids will be looking back on this for a very long time.

There were some sponsors. This is to all of the Coaches and or Presidents of the league. I think we could get more sponsors if they are needed if we would look in all of the area's that have a team playing. I was going to be a sponsor in Orange and would have been happy to do the same in Nederland. That way we don't have to go back to the same people all the time to ask for help. It seems the same people (and it doesn't matter what town you are in) always step up. In other words put me on a list for next year.

I think thats neat that the kids that played in their respective Superbowls get a  chance to see themselves play on video. I havent seen any of them but I bet its good. The only thing I regret is they didnt do it for the flag division. I know its flag but some of these kids may never get a chance to paly in another one. Im sure all coaches know how hard it is to get back to a championship, but anyway good job to the league and videographers for implementing such good coverage.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi