Now The Everman Coach

smitty

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smitty you told me to back up my statements and I did. beaumont area is leading the state of Texas in unemployment rate so dont act like we have a ton of jobs here. Go check PNG's enrollment from about 6 years ago. they are getting smaller. Your comparing PNG to Lake Travis, Everman, Highland Park, Euless Trinty, Gilmer and so on.

As I said its good for local guys who are at smaller schools, small school guys wanting to move up (depending on program) and cordinators wanting to make a move for a HC job.

You said you know 3 of those guys I listed would be interested. Why and how do you know. go google some of those schools and check out what they have to offer and the athletes that run through those programs.

unemployment numbers are bs in setx because we have a large number of people who are unemployable or dont want to work.if you need a job you can find one in setx.png's numbers are just going through a normal cycle.the freshman class is one of the largest in a long time and the next few classes have good numbers.i know the little dribblers just had there biggest enrollment and even expanded into 13-14 yr olds.which is a first.

Guest baseball25

Smitty the png job isnt that great like you think. I mean yall do fit in the ndame category use to be a great program and now just medicore one. Oh my bad yall were only great when long was the qb. Keep dreaming smitty

If smitty was on  PNG's school board here would be the people he would go after.

Chad Morris - Lake Travis

Steve Lineweaver - Euless Trinty

Tom Westerberg - Allen

Celina - Butch Ford

Jeff Dicus - Duncanville

Randy Allen - Highland Park

Everman - Dale Keeling

Hey smitty if I was you I would just do it myself and start calling these guys, sending them e-mails proclaiming that PNG is so tradition rich that they should leave their current jobs for the real prized program out there. lol You might want Major Applewhite to come apply for the job or Will Musechamp.

Chad Morris - Lake Travis (Chad is in the perfect situation, he's not leaving there for awhile)

Steve Lineweaver - Euless Trinty  (He's got a machine there...He will stay there until he retires)

Tom Westerberg - Allen  (He is probably going to get a nice raise after the season)

Celina - Butch Ford  (Butch is a Celina boy thru and thru...He isn't leaving Celina)

Jeff Dicus - Duncanville  (Dicus is the only coach on this list that would leave his current school....He proved that after bolting from Lake Travis)

Randy Allen - Highland Park  (Randy makes too much money to leave HP)

Everman - Dale Keeling  (I've heard rumors that he's next in line to succeed his dad at Hardin-Simmons)

I'm not sure how we got limited to these 7.  How many other great coaches around the state could be contacted?  As I have said before, don't limit yourself.  

PS - Just curious: are these statements about these coaches facts or opinions?  It doesn't matter one way or the other to me.  Again, just curious.

PSS - Have we forgotten about the Gilmer coach? 

If smitty was on  PNG's school board here would be the people he would go after.

Tom Westerberg - Allen

Celina - Butch Ford

Jeff Dicus - Duncanville

Everman - Dale Keeling

Hey smitty if I was you I would just do it myself and start calling these guys, sending them e-mails proclaiming that PNG is so tradition rich that they should leave their current jobs for the real prized program out there. lol You might want Major Applewhite to come apply for the job or Will Musechamp.

Chad Morris - Lake Travis (Chad is in the perfect situation, he's not leaving there for awhile)

Steve Lineweaver - Euless Trinty  (He's got a machine there...He will stay there until he retires)

Tom Westerberg - Allen   (He is probably going to get a nice raise after the season)

Celina - Butch Ford  (Butch is a Celina boy thru and thru...He isn't leaving Celina)

Jeff Dicus - Duncanville  (Dicus is the only coach on this list that would leave his current school....He proved that after bolting from Lake Travis)

Randy Allen - Highland Park  (Randy makes too much money to leave HP)

Everman - Dale Keeling  (I've heard rumors that he's next in line to succeed his dad at Hardin-Simmons)

I can vouch for the Dicus info.....Total package is close to 120,000......There is not one thing about PNG that is better than Duncanville....You can try to get Traylor from Gilmer, I will be completely shocked.....If Long and Credeur are turning you down, how in the world do you think you can get folks from these types of programs?

Tom Westerberg - Allen

Celina - Butch Ford

Jeff Dicus - Duncanville

Everman - Dale Keeling

Thats awesome.. LOL

I can vouch for the Dicus info.....Total package is close to 120,000......There is not one thing about PNG that is better than Duncanville....You can try to get Traylor from Gilmer, I will be completely shocked.....If Long and Credeur are turning you down, how in the world do you think you can get folks from these types of programs?

Long and Credeur haven't "turned down" the PN-G job. I love how people get on this board and make comments on things that they know absolutely nothing about.

bellison, thanks for the post.  Where did you get the total package figure from?  Again, just curious.

If Long and Credeur has turned it down, that's news to us.  I believe what's been said here is that at this time they do not meet the school's prerequisites.

As for these coaches names, someone put them up here to be facetious.  I replied that in my opinion possibly 3 might be interested.  But, again, some of these coaches that might not be interested could probably give you some leads on good coaches that might be interested.  I seen it happen before.  Like I've said before: don't limit yourself.  And don't assume the school board will always do the right thing.    

Tripesman, I agree 100%.  Opinions are stated like facts.  I have no problem with either.  But facts can be challenged (proved).  Opinions can not.  But anyway, good post.

Long and Credeur haven't "turned down" the PN-G job. I love how people get on this board and make comments on things that they know absolutely nothing about.

Guest baseball25

Smitty all big schools say u got to have  a masters and they still hire ads that dont have masters so credur and long there still in the running that master crap is bs believe me

Baseball, you may end up being correct.  But people can only deal with the issues at hand.  As of now, PN-G is requiring a Masters.  This is not to say that they might change it in the future.  We have to deal with the facts as we know them now.  We can't read their future thoughts.  Anyway, good post.

Smitty all big schools say u got to have  a masters and they still hire ads that dont have masters so credur and long there still in the running that master crap is bs believe me

Let teach you a little first.  After the list appeared, for silly reasons, I offered "my opinion" that 3 would possibly be interested.  Go back and read it.  Now the teaching part:  ONE CANNOT PROVE AN OPINION.  Now when definite statements are made -- like you made -- these can be proved.  Geez,  I have to spend my time teaching verbiage understanding.  But I am glad to do it.

I think Wade Phillips is to soft for PNG.

As for the Dicus deal last year it was all over the internet when he left Lake Travis.

Smitty which 3 would be interested in PNG? Also how do you know did you call them or did they e-mail you?

My opinion was that I could see the Gilmer coach, the Celina coach and possibly the Duncanville coach leaving.  Although I must admit the last one was just a curious thought.  As I've said before: with the right package anyone would leave.  Let me ask you this:  Would you switch jobs for 40% pay increase and added perks?  It makes you think, doesn't it?  It's only natural.  So don't limit yourself by trying to do what some would feel impossible.  Any problems with this so far?  Remember, when someone knows where they are going, people will get out of the way.  There are leaders and there are followers.  In America I am afraid we becoming a nation of too many passive followers.

The reasons you gave, was this your opinion or definite knowledge of how some of these feel?

Again, these aren't the only good coaches in Texas.

Mike Leach, now that's funny.  Thanks for the post.

lol if you made a statment saying you know 3 that would interested. Which 3 and why? I gave you reasons why they wouldnt leave.

hey I hear Mike Leach is looking to get out of Lubbock!!!!

40% pay increase? Celina pays very well has as much tradition as anyone in the state and is a nice enough place for Craig James to live. Gilmer I would guess doesnt pay to bad considering they have very nice facilitys. They also have  great athletes and good tradition. Duncanville is historically a power in Texas but has been on the down so they made Jeff Dicus the highest paid AD in Texas and made the playoffs this year. They are LOADED with athletes.

40% pay increase? Celina pays very well has as much tradition as anyone in the state and is a nice enough place for Craig James to live. Gilmer I would guess doesnt pay to bad considering they have very nice facilitys. They also have  great athletes and good tradition. Duncanville is historically a power in Texas but has been on the down so they made Jeff Dicus the highest paid AD in Texas and made the playoffs this year. They are LOADED with athletes.

Celina is a nice town...a lot of land and privacy.  Plus, it's a convenient location for James to get back and forth from the airport

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho