*Dayton vs. Sulphur Springs State Championship Predictions/2pm Alamodome!!*

KFDM COOP

Sulphur is the team who actually pushed for the Alamodome, their fans were happy about the Alamodome from talking to them today.

well it'll be fun for the kids to play there, hopefully the communities wont have too much trouble following along and they have a good size crowd as well

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes both of these teams have played outdoors but both coaches would rather not have to worry about field conditions. I wouldnt want the state championship game played on a cold wet field. First of all as a Dayton fan, AJ has more moves than a chicken on exlax. He would be slipping down on a wet field.  The SS fans would want their Michael Vick like QB playing on a dry field too. I think this is the best place for the game. Reliant is too close to Dayton and Texas Stadium is too close to SS. San Antonio is a great place to see the game and then go to the riverwalk Saturday night. It will be like a mini vacation and you get to see a heckofa game.

P.S. The riverwalk is all lit up with christmas lights this time of the year. If you fellow's out there want to impress your wife or lady friend, then Sat. night on the riverwalk would be great.

Yes both of these teams have played outdoors but both coaches would rather not have to worry about field conditions. I wouldnt want the state championship game played on a cold wet field. First of all as a Dayton fan, AJ has more moves than a chicken on exlax. He would be slipping down on a wet field.  The SS fans would want their Michael Vick like QB playing on a dry field too. I think this is the best place for the game. Reliant is too close to Dayton and Texas Stadium is too close to SS. San Antonio is a great place to see the game and then go to the riverwalk Saturday night. It will be like a mini vacation and you get to see a heckofa game.

P.S. The riverwalk is all lit up with christmas lights this time of the year. If you fellow's out there want to impress your wife or lady friend, then Sat. night on the riverwalk would be great.

Good seeing you today Goat.  See you next week.

Sulphur Springs 08 stats:Total rushing yds.before today's game-3051  Passing yds.4067 QB #7 Ty Rollinson 272-373= 4,040 yds.=45 tds=15 interceptions --His rushing stats 137 carr=869 yds.=6.3 per carry=9 tds. top rusher #4 Ryan Young-232 carr=1871 yds.=8.1 per=24 tds.--Top recievers #2 Jace Jackson 90 catches=1,265 yds=14.1 per=15 tds.--Shane McQueen #1=42 catches=887 yds.=21.1 per=13 tds.--Rashad Hall #5 =56 catches=786 yds.=14.0 per=7tds--Ryan Young(RB) #4=515 yds=10.5 per=7tds. The Wildcats are real good on offense but not as good on defense.Just a thought Everman QB Marcus McAdoo this year was only 30-55 passing w/1 int.=54% comp.ratio =704 tot.pass yds=11 tds.and their #1 RB-Ryan Smith had 139 carries =1,284 yds=9.2 per =16 tds. and they put up 34 against Sulphur Springs.Will the Broncos outscore the Wildcats.I believe we can and this should be a real good game.Everybody wear your colors and come out to root on those BRONCOS.Congradulations semi-finals champs.Let's take STATE.

Both teams are concerned about the possibility of poor weather

probably true but they couldnt have picked a poorer site as far as fan travel goes....dayton gets the shorter trip and thats about a 6 hour drive i think (havent been out to san antonio in a while)....SFA wouldve been dead in the middle of the 2 schools...

6 hours?? That must have been a looong time ago.

It's an easy 4 hour drive from Dayton

The one we've all been waiting for Dayton vs. Everman...runaway trains for state....hold on, wait a minute...SS pulls the upset.

If you had to ask Dave Campbells writers Dayton's win was an upset as well.....WHATEVER!  I think Dayton has made their point.  Finally a shot at the trophy!  Congrats coaches and players, prove them nay'sayers wrong again this week.

The Hilton is perfect if you can afford it- It's right on the Riverwalk and about

a 20 minute walk through Hemisfair Park to the Alamodome. You can impress

your lady and help support Paris at the same time.

i can tell yall that sulphur springs is for real.  a small town where high school football is a serious matter.  i did witness dayton play last year, which was a good team and i know yall have a alot of returning players but i just dont see them beating SS.  rollinson the quarter back is unstopable right about now.  he is dead accurate, can scramble if he needs too and works great under pressure. they have multiple weapons to include four great recievers with speed that can catch and run good routes. there running back has great speed and has almost 2,000 yards rushing. the offense line is big and strong and didn't allow any sacks against evermans supose to be dominant defensive line.  it is going to be a great game, i would love to be there but i live a good distance away.

Well ss I will say the only differance was pretty much 365 days.We were real good last yr.Maybe a tad bit better on defense but this defense bends but fights hard every down.This year we have a 1,500 yd.rushing QB that we did not have last year.But we did have a magnificent G.Charles to throw it to a better class of recievers.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    napeba
    Newest Member
    napeba