LU vs. Indiana State Game Thread/LU FALLS!

Well I think that we were tired.. Hopefull we have a good outing tonight...

Well they should just give up on winning the slc tourney.... The slc won't give them a day off break...

ROC needs to make them run laps....all week... and guards shoot 200 3's per practice from the same spot, twice a day, all week...

Thats my cure for their tiredness..

Guest DickVitale

DV's team has to have a winning record to for him to start talking trash...

Uhhhh, Our LAST three opponents were better than LU's FIRST THREE.... ::)...And NOW reality sets in against some of the TYPE of opponents that we face nightly in our HIGH MAJOR DIVISION I NJCAA conference, (except for the Indiana State loss, that was just BAD LOSS!  :o) OK, enough of that...

Lamar U. will be OK, they hit a preverbial wall and it is going to be a tough task to get back on track.  They will do fine when they get back in their element (the SLC)...Thats what playing high major D-I schools will do for you. I just urge you LU fans to be realistic about your expectations for this team.  They are a low major school and teams like UK and Louisville are showing them who they are.  8)

DV do you have any proof to your statements that the teams your are playing are better than that of LU... You are an idiot and the college that hired you should look at the type of people they hire a little better. You wonder why LU does not want a relationship with you... You are a bozo talking crap with no proof ... LSCPA will never get to LU's level... That is fact... You and most of the competition you play against would probably lose to most low majors.... Go back under your rock you bozo..

DV do you have any proof to your statements that the teams your are playing are better than that of LU... You are an idiot and the college that hired you should look at the type of people they hire a little better. You wonder why LU does not want a relationship with you... You are a moron talking crap with no proof to back you up... LSCPA will never get to LU's level PERIOD... That is fact... You and most of the competition you play against would probably lose to most low majors.... Go back under your rock you bozo..

DV do you have any proof to your statements that the teams your are playing are better than that of LU... You are an idiot and the college that hired you should look at the type of people they hire a little better. You wonder why LU does not want a relationship with you... You are a bozo talking crap with no proof to your mouth... LSCPA will never get to LU's level... That is fact... You and most of the competition you play against would probably lose to most low majors.... Go back under your rock you bozo..

Oh come on, look at what DV and Coach Cole have already done for LSCPA in just the short amount of time that they've been there.. is Roquemore playing this year? I'm sure Roc is going to be wanting some of the guys DV gets in the future.

I agree that Coach Cole is doing a great job... I have nothing but respect for him... I am sure that sometime in the future we will want some of the recruits from that team... But DV is a bone head that is very very unprofessional... he is representing an institution that I am an Alum from and he is doing them a great disservice.

Now if Mr. Yates wants to start conducting himself with a little more professionalism than that of a 10 year old.. I would have no problem with him... I do not see any of Coach Roc's assistants on this board talking trash about them or any other program.. That is for the fans to do not the coaches..

Now if Mr. Yates wants to start conducting himself with a little more professionalism than that of a 10 year old.. I would have no problem with him... I do not see any of Coach Roc's assistants on this board talking trash about them or any other program.. That is for the fans to do not the coaches..

Agreed.  The nonsensical diatribe that gets spewed here and in the Ozen threads is nauseating.

Could not agree more.

Guest DickVitale

Heeeeyyy, Its my off time!! ;)....Just having some good conversation, thats all....Don't mean any harm...OK I will muzzle myself once again, because I am starting to ruffle the Lamar faithful's feathers on here. Actually, I was asked to come back on here because the board was becoming boring according to some friends of mine, so I started with my ensightful commentary again. ;)..I am much better in person, really. I work my tail off at my profession and anybody you ask will tell you just that...This is all fun to me. A stress relief, if you will.....Just get to know me... ;)....Talk to you guys in the off season.....I am officially MUZZLED!  :-\.....

Guest DickVitale

I agree that Coach Cole is doing a great job... I have nothing but respect for him... I am sure that sometime in the future we will want some of the recruits from that team... But DV is a bone head that is very very unprofessional... he is representing an institution that I am an Alum from and he is doing them a great disservice.

BUT, before I go.....Tell me ONE TIME where I have been "unprofessional"? I have not insulted any coaches, players, or individuals.....I have an opinion, just as you do except for one difference...I actually KNOW what I am talking about. Are you being "unprofessional" for calling me out of my name? Are you an embarrassment to YOUR work place for doing so? I would have to say yes...See, YOU know EXACTLY where to find me but I have not a clue who you are....Therefore you feel it is appropriate to berade ME for speaking my mind about something that has very little to do with my actual job without any consequences, and thats ok...I know who I am....ITS A MESSAGE BOARD....Since you say its for "fans only" I will back away....again.

DV I understand that you have your own opinion.... You have to remember that you let out who you were. If you had not said what you did and were you worked I would have had no idea who you were.. if you wished to remain anonymous you could have as I have chosen to.. By letting out your position also means that you can be considered representative of that said institution and you have to be very very careful the things you say.       

I do not think that you understand my point though... You make comments on your Opinion about the state of Lamar Basketball and also you have made opinions about the relationship between LU and LSCPA...

People may misinterpret your views as the views for LSCPA athletics or that of Coach Cole..

I also stated that talking trash in a public forum is for fans to do not coaches.. You need to read before you comment.

Finally unless you are a fortune teller you will never know what will happen at Lamar... You are not in the meetings with the coaches...  you cannot see our recruits or coaches 10 years down the roads to make the bold statements that you make...

Guest DickVitale

DV I understand that you have your own opinion.... You have to remember that you let out who you were. If you had not said what you did and were you worked I would have had no idea who you were.. if you wished to remain anonymous you could have as I have chosen to.. By letting out your position also means that you can be considered representative of that said institution and you have to be very very careful the things you say.       

I do not think that you understand my point though... You make comments on your Opinion about the state of Lamar Basketball and also you have made opinions about the relationship between LU and LSCPA...

People may misinterpret your views as the views for LSCPA athletics or that of Coach Cole..

I also stated that talking trash in a public forum is for fans to do not coaches.. You need to read before you comment.

Finally unless you are a fortune teller you will never know what will happen at Lamar... You are not in the meetings with the coaches...  you cannot see our recruits or coaches 10 years down the roads to make the bold statements that you make...

False, False and REALLY false satements.....People on here made it a POINT to point out who I was and I was OK with that, been posting on here for years, and besides, its COWARDLY to say things and HIDE behind a screen name...Not me...Second I told the TRUTH about the relationships between us and LU and INDICATED how if we were to work together, it would benefit BOTH schools, AND I did not go into details either, now did I? Third, stating my opinion on the Southland conference is NOT trash talk..Many, many people on here AGREED with me, but most were scared to admit it....Finally I TRULY hope that Roc can get the type of players there that he did at Memphis, but it will be an uphill climb, and since I AM in the business, I happen to truly understand WHY it will be....I am done, just had to clear that up...I will be a watcher of the board again, since the fans are the only ones allowed to have an opinion thats not favorable to the LU dream...... ::)

There are no rules on this site that states a coach cannot "trash" talk on these forums. Some may view it as unethical, but it is not against the rules. I know plenty of coaches who have come on these boards and have talked some smack, all in good nature.

I have had my run ins with Dick and we have disagreed on many occasions, mostly about HOW he presents his side of the subject, and not the subject itself. I respect his knowledge of the game, but sometimes I don't care for how he shares it. He knows that the way he speaks on these forums is a way to get under some skins around here. He is right in stating he brings controversy to the boards, right or wrong.

Dick, there is no need for you to stay away. Just so you know that you'll always be watched and fully expect for you to be called out. I agree with what some of these guys are saying. You come off as a blowhard. I have learned that is really not the case. I'll just keep on reminding you.

Guest DickVitale

There are no rules on this site that states a coach cannot "trash" talk on these forums. Some may view it as unethical, but it is not against the rules. I know plenty of coaches who have come on these boards and have talked some smack, all in good nature.

I have had my run ins with Dick and we have disagreed on many occasions, mostly about HOW he presents his side of the subject, and not the subject itself. I respect his knowledge of the game, but sometimes I don't care for how he shares it. He knows that the way he speaks on these forums is a way to get under some skins around here. He is right in stating he brings controversy to the boards, right or wrong.

Dick, there is no need for you to stay away. Just so you know that you'll always be watched and fully expect for you to be called out. I agree with what some of these guys are saying. You come off as a blowhard. I have learned that is really not the case. I'll just keep on reminding you.

Thats probably because they don't actually KNOW me....Thanks for the reminders though, buddy! ;)

Lamar U. will be OK, they hit a preverbial wall and it is going to be a tough task to get back on track.  They will do fine when they get back in their element (the SLC)...Thats what playing high major D-I schools will do for you. I just urge you LU fans to be realistic about your expectations for this team.  They are a low major school and teams like UK and Louisville are showing them who they are.  8)

C'mon LU fans, deep down you know DV is making sense here. LU will be fine within the SLC. These games with the big boys will prepare them for the other mid major schools. It will be okay. You'll win the SLC.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder