A little info for 20-4A - RE: Livingston

Currently the Lions are sitting at 6-2 overall. They competed in the Katy ISD Tournament this weekend and went 3-1 and won the consolation bracket after losing to Tomball in the first game Thursday and beating their next three opponents Houston Westside, Pasadena Sam Rayburn and Pasadena Dobie (all 5A's). Tomball played for the championship against Katy Seven Lakes but I'm not sure of the outcome.

Just thought I would pass that info along.

To add to my post now that I have a chance to finish. Like I said they have 6 wins (those mentioned before) along with 20+ blowouts against Cleveland, Montgomery and New Caney and a 3 point loss to Center (3A school that will go far).

Anyway, I just wanted to give you all some info on Livingston because just like in football no one knew who they were I figured that to be the case in basketball. Here's to a few conversations about basketball in this district.

Supposedly they were missing two starters for their Saturday games due to them taking the SAT's.  So they played Rayburn and Dobie without those two.  Also, they lost their best on the ball defender to an ankle injury against Cleveland and he sat out the entire Katy tourney as well.  Sounds like they could get pretty good by District time with all their players there.

OZEN CENTRAL LIVINGSTON---------Are the teams to beat,if you want to advance in 2009

I agree with catman....Ozen, Livingston, and Central are the teams to beat.  Nederland has played a few good quarters of basketball, but have played more quarters of pooppy basketball.  Against Baytown, they scored only 22 points in three quarters, but in the fourth they scored 25.  They are capable of good basketball.

Guest immabeaking

OZEN CENTRAL LIVINGSTON---------Are the teams to beat,if you want to advance in 2009

I agree with catman....Ozen, Livingston, and Central are the teams to beat.  Nederland has played a few good quarters of basketball, but have played more quarters of pooppy basketball.  Against Baytown, they scored only 22 points in three quarters, but in the fourth they scored 25.  They are capable of good basketball.

i think you take ozen off cuz really they are weak... and central because they got blown out by silsbee... and i dunno about livingston.... SO SILSBEE, ?Livingston?, and someone else ill let yall pick are the teams to beat

Livingston is playing in the Montgomery Tournament this weekend.  Yesterday they defeated Magnolia West 57-43.  Controlled the game the entire time with about a 15-20 point lead and emptied the bench at the end of the game.

Record now 7-2 and playing the winner of Montgomery and New Caney last night. Probably Montgomery.

Ok, so after beating Magnolia West Thursday the Lions came back and beat a pretty decent Montgomery team I think it was 61-43 in the second round of the Montgomery tournament.  That win put them back into the championship game to face off against Tomball again, to whom they already lost to once this year.

Livingston took a 54-53 lead early in the 4th quarter with their best player on the bench with 4 fouls and was trailing by only 5 with 4 minutes left in the game.  Tomball preceded to close out the game however and Livingston lost 81-64.  The Lions just didn't have enough to finish against a VERY VERY good Tomball team that will go pretty far in the 5A playoffs.

The Lions current record is 8-3 and they play Jasper next Tuesday in Jasper and Lufkin at home on Friday. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's been awhile since I last posted the Lions stuff.  So, since that time as some of you may know the following is what has happened.

Livingston v Jasper - L

Livingston v Diboll - W

Lufkin Tourney

Livingston 54 - Tyler Lee 52

Livingston 60 - Klein Forest 54

They play Bryan at 5:50.  Bryan has a stud freshman Point Guard who is rated the number #1 player in his age group in the US, not Texas, the US.  His name is J-Mychael Reese and is the coaches son.

I will let you all know how the game goes.

Livingston lost to Bryan 85-48. Livingston had dead legs from the first game yesterday. They couldn't rattle the freshman PG Reese - he's dang good. Bryan was just to big and disciplined for Livingston - they will be right there in the 5A playoffs with a chance to go deep.

All in all Livingston is still playing for 3rd today against ANOTHER 5A today and in this tourney that's pretty good for them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder