Central vs. Angleton Predictions?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am NOT even looking at the previous posts.........I KNOW how THAT GOES......just wanted to say GOOD LUCK CENTRAL! I really believe you CAN DO IT! Get your "Game ON" and "BELIEVE"! This Bronco fan is BEHIND YOU! ;D

GO CENTRAL JAGUARS AND DAYTON BRONCOS!

Us Jags are pulling for yall Broncos also. GOOD LUCK BRONCS ;D

82 5A State Champs: Thanks for the props and very true info. Central defense is the main reason they are where they are, don't want to take anything from the offense but they can become complacent. Angleton will face a defense they haven't seen quite like the Jags. Even the games they lost the defense was smacking QB's and RB's around pretty good. The offense seems to lose their focus at start of the 4th quarter for what ever reason and just break down the first 8 minuets and then the defense fights to try and give them a chance to win. If that offense fake that run when the other team is playing run and Central play action pass its touchdown all the time. They ran it the last few weeks and its paid big dividen for them. They have to keep doing it even when those guys have dropped many wide open great thrown passes. They can run the ball anytime they want because they can and will. Those young men have the talent and ability to be the surprise team of this year's playoff if they want it bad enough and I believe they do. This will not be a high scoring game but another 24-21 in favor of Central. I've stated at very beginning of the season that they have one of the best defenses since the 2003 squad. Good luck to Angleton but the Jags ready!!!!!!

82 5A State Champs: Thanks for the props and very true info. Central defense is the main reason they are where they are, don't want to take anything from the offense but they can become complacent. Angleton will face a defense they haven't seen quite like the Jags. Even the games they lost the defense was smacking QB's and RB's around pretty good. The offense seems to lose their focus at start of the 4th quarter for what ever reason and just break down the first 8 minuets and then the defense fights to try and give them a chance to win. If that offense fake that run when the other team is playing run and Central play action pass its touchdown all the time. They ran it the last few weeks and its paid big dividen for them. They have to keep doing it even when those guys have dropped many wide open great thrown passes. They can run the ball anytime they want because they can and will. Those young men have the talent and ability to be the surprise team of this year's playoff if they want it bad enough and I believe they do. This will not be a high scoring game but another 24-21 in favor of Central. I've stated at very beginning of the season that they have one of the best defenses since the 2003 squad. Good luck to Angleton but the Jags ready!!!!!!

I'll be convinced if we can slow this Angleton offense down and get this win. 

This is the hidden content, please

Wildcats looking ahead. they seem to think they've got the game won. Jags control the clock, they gotta serious shot. Even though lockhart controlled the clock in the first qt. Central stayed with it and eventually took control. Like i've always said, these are kids and you never know how they will respond. Angleton I'm sure is as good as they say they are. I do see 3 blimishes on their record though. They are beatable. This is not a given, jags will be ready. All i heard last week was lockhart had a dangerous rb. Other than that long run on their fist drive, central handled him. And that kid had well over a thousand for the season. If we settle down, stay focus, our chances are just as good as angleton's. I hope stowers is telling his kids all the pressure's on angleton. Let them read all the predictions, motivate those jags. Central can match up, i am a believer.  REVENGE JAGS 1989 was a gift for them we had that game won. We manhandled them the hole game. Let em look ahead  :-X 

Central also has 3 losses, so they are in the same boat as Angleton. As far as Angleton overlooking Central, I know they aren't overlooking them, especially after that scare they got from Rosenberg Foster in the 1st round. Coach Vanover has coached in Beaumont before and knows those kids and how good Central, West Brook and Ozen teams are.(Even though Ozen has been down lately) He'll have those kids focused.

I'm sure Lockhart's RB is good and it sounds like Central did a good job of shutting him down, but Angleton will present a different problem. They rotate 4 backs, not including the QB Quandre Diggs, and 3 of those kids were a part of the state champ 4X100 meter relay team, so those kids can go. If Central's defense can stop that rushing attack, then you all will get all the props from me because nobody has been able to all year.

As far as that playoff game years ago, Central might have dominated Angleton all game, but Central didn't score not one time with all that offensive talent they had that year. Angleton's defense stepped it up that game.

i have to agree with ATWILDCAT i've played these guys and they have one of if not the fastest groups of backs and quarterbacks i have played against. they got to much speed and buy rotating thier backs they will wear yall out and go on a run to blow the game wide open...............................................................

angleton 48

central- 24

i have to agree with ATWILDCAT i've played these guys and they have one of if not the fastest groups of backs and quarterbacks i have played against. they got to much speed and buy rotating thier backs they will wear yall out and go on a run to blow the game wide open...............................................................

angleton 48

central- 24

I'm not going to go to far and say it will be that big of a margin of victory, either way, but I think whoever wins will at least put 28 on the board.

The only other team to put 40 something on us was West Brook, which was due to C. Michael (Best RB in the State).  I agree with ATWILDCAT.  The score will not be that much.  This will be a grind it out game. 

ok but im comin off of experience and stats. angleton avgs 323 rushin yrds a game and 37 pts a game while central only avg 23 pts a game. you think you can stop them? its not as easy as it looks trust me!!

Roc4Roc: Before you go pushing stats here is Central total stats for the year with the exception of Vidor in total yards because I could not find stats on that game, but they are included in the points total.

1. Total Offense 10 games is 2532 AVG. 253

2. Total Defense 10 games is 2167 AVG. 216

3. Total points 11 games is 225 AVG 23

4. Total given up 11 games is 182 AVG. 18

So before you go pushing numbers lets put all the numbers out and see who could back it up. If theses are wrong I'm sure I'll be corrected by the southeast texas posters but they look very good to me. So where ever you see Angleton avg. on offense go look at our defense number.

I think this will be a pretty good matchup. There is no speed difference between Central and Angleton. I think come down central offense against Angleton defense. The jags are going to have win this game field. Who ever make the best in game adjustments will win this game.

BTW, Guess who was second to Angleton in the 4 by 100 relay:

University of Texas

UIL State Track & Field Meet - 5/9/2008 to 5/10/2008           

2008 Championships                             

Mike A. Myers Stadium                           

Event 404  Boys 4x100 Meter Relay 4A

=======================================================================     

National: ! 39.76  1998        , Fort Worth Wyatt, TX                   

Wesley/Clopton/Franklin/Wesley                       

State: + 39.76  1998        , Fort Worth Wyatt                       

Wesley/Clopton/Franklin/Wesley                       

Conf 4A: * 39.95  2001        , Houston Forest Brook                   

Ray/McCann/Lusk/Hodge                               

School                                              Finals  Points     

=======================================================================     

Finals                                                                     

1 Angleton                                              40.93  20       

1) Javon Ward                      2) Terrence Franks                 

3) Henry Josey                    4) Donald Monroe                   

2 Beaumont Central                                      41.29  16       

1) Derrick Hall                    2) Charles Thomas                   

3) Randy Wilson                    4) Jeffery Thomas                   

3 Dallas Kimball                                        41.43  12       

1) Darionne Jones                  2) Jyles Hollywood                 

3) Daryl Washington                4) Kelvin Dunn                     

4 Waxahachie                                            41.55    8       

1) Ramodrick Waters                2) Sidney Easley                   

3) Samuel Gagliano                4) James Fowler                     

5 Fort Worth Eastern Hills                              41.56    4       

1) Everett Walker                  2) Julian Wagner                   

3) Venton Soders                  4) Roscoe Lee                       

6 Crowley                                              41.59    2       

1) Herbert Shaw                    2) Terrance Edwards                 

3) Stan Smith                      4) Kent Onouha                     

7 Pflugerville Connally                                41.78             

1) Spencer Eggleston JR            2) Jamal Mays SR                   

3) Tim Anderson SR                4) Anthony Bryant SO               

8 Cibolo Steele                                        42.20             

1) Eric Heyward                    2) Keith Brown                     

3) Travis McKinney                4) Sheldon McClain                 

Central also has 3 losses, so they are in the same boat as Angleton. As far as Angleton overlooking Central, I know they aren't overlooking them, especially after that scare they got from Rosenberg Foster in the 1st round. Coach Vanover has coached in Beaumont before and knows those kids and how good Central, West Brook and Ozen teams are.(Even though Ozen has been down lately) He'll have those kids focused.

I'm sure Lockhart's RB is good and it sounds like Central did a good job of shutting him down, but Angleton will present a different problem. They rotate 4 backs, not including the QB Quandre Diggs, and 3 of those kids were a part of the state champ 4X100 meter relay team, so those kids can go. If Central's defense can stop that rushing attack, then you all will get all the props from me because nobody has been able to all year.

As far as that playoff game years ago, Central might have dominated Angleton all game, but Central didn't score not one time with all that offensive talent they had that year. Angleton's defense stepped it up that game.

Check my signature you got speed, well so do we!  This game will be a good one!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245