Wouldn't This Be Nice For A Team In Southeast Texas?

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

Guest wos grad

HECK at West Orange we can't even get the people to vote for Field Turf, by the way would have just been 2.50 cents more a month. People have no sense that voted no.

HECK at West Orange we can't even get the people to vote for Field Turf, by the way would have just been 2.50 cents more a month. People have no sense that voted no.

I agree that field turf might be cool but 2.50 more a month times the population that would paying it could probably be used for other necessities. I suppose you could argue that the field turf makes a stadium that much more likely to be a top venue for playoffs but WO-S has a location problem when it comes to playoffs. Orange is just not really central to anything.

There are 2 playoff games in ORANGE this week. They are being played at LCM high. If WOS had the turf it would be a more attractive venue for these games. I remember postseason playoff games being played at WOS back in the 70's. It was one of the better facilities in the area during that time. With some updating and modernization it could be an attractive draw again.

Guest wos grad

There are 2 playoff games in ORANGE this week. They are being played at LCM high. If WOS had the turf it would be a more attractive venue for these games. I remember postseason playoff games being played at WOS back in the 70's. It was one of the better facilities in the area during that time. With some updating and modernization it could be an attractive draw again.

Could have been played at WO-S if the voters would have voted right.

It is a shame that the voters never GOT that information or perhaps the vote might have been the other way. I think  that most voters just assumed it was a LUXERY. It is a shame this information did not get out, at least that I heard.

You do realize that the field turf would also save about $75,000 a year in maintaince costs.and that's a conservative figure. I used to work over there and I have seen what it costs to maintain that field.

They also had another bond that adressed those "other necessities."

Guest Silsbee88

You do realize that the field turf would also save about $75,000 a year in maintaince costs.and that's a conservative figure. I used to work over there and I have seen what it costs to maintain that field.

They also had another bond that adressed those "other necessities."

To maintain a field in the condition of Silsbee or WOS it cost approx $50,000 per year including water, fertilize, mowers and personnel.  Not $75,000.  Now with inflation and such it will not be long before it reaches that figure.  The turf will pay for itself in 8-9 years, but that not all, the turf can take 200-300 hours of use per season and still last 10-12 years.  The cost to recarpet is approx half, so that would mean that the district would start saving money after 4 to 4.5 years of the recarpet.  And natural grass fields cannot take the hours of use, they can only stand approx 100 hours of use before you damage the root system.  I have done alot of research and turf makes more sense in the long run for high school budgets.

Guest Silsbee88

Yea but you can't tell the WOS Admin and the people there that. They know it all.  >:(

That may be the understatement of the year...where does all the money go from the tax revenue collected from the Chemical Plants??  I know for a fact they have HUGE tax bills on a yearly basis.

It goes back to the state for redistribution, just like our income is soon to be redistributed.

You do realize that most hosting schools do not see much revenue from allowing playoff games right?

I think a little revenue is better than no revenue. But, the real reason I would like to see more playoff game opportunities in this area is simply for the "love of the game". Some people are unable to travel long distances to follow their local teams due to work schedules, financial status or some other limiting factors, but they would still like to see some quality playoff games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder