Dayton VS Elgin Predictions?

cutt

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've exhausted every resource I know of to try and research this Elgin team. Google, You-tube, UIL, newspapers, etc. I can find nothing that makes me think Elgin can win this football game. All I could find out is that the "G" in Elgin is pronounced (ga... as in "again") Makes me wonder how the coaches prepare for a game like this. Maybe they have some inside info.

But your right lsutiger, we shouldn't underestimate them or any other team. I personally think it's kind of exciting facing a team we don't know much about. They could roll into Big D and knock our socks off!!! But I seriously doubt it.

The stampede will continue........Dayton by 4 TD's ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well I've exhausted every resource I know of to try and research this Elgin team. Google, You-tube, UIL, newspapers, etc. I can find nothing that makes me think Elgin can win this football game. All I could find out is that the "G" in Elgin is pronounced (ga... as in "again") Makes me wonder how the coaches prepare for a game like this. Maybe they have some inside info.

But your right lsutiger, we shouldn't underestimate them or any other team. I personally think it's kind of exciting facing a team we don't know much about. They could roll into Big D and knock our socks off!!! But I seriously doubt it.

The stampede will continue........Dayton by 4 TD's ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I know.... they exchange game tape. ;)

BTW... thanks for the pronunciation; I was debating with some folks about that. :D

I've always wondered about high school scouting as far as, how much of it they do. I know they scout the local district games pretty hard, but in the playoffs with all the scenarios, I would think their resources would be taxed quite a bit. Again though, I know absolutely nothing about coaching. I just act like one on Saturday mornings. ;D

I've always wondered about high school scouting as far as, how much of it they do. I know they scout the local district games pretty hard, but in the playoffs with all the scenarios, I would think their resources would be taxed quite a bit. Again though, I know absolutely nothing about coaching. I just act like one on Saturday mornings. ;D

In the playoffs ... you always know that you'll get the winner of one certain game(e.g. this week was Elgin/Montgomery). Now scouting more than 1 week ahead would require some guesswork and I'm not sure that they even do it.

Most coaches will send their junior high coaches to two different games during Week 10 unless it's already determined who they will play then they may send one set of scouts to their bi district round team and one to the next round opponent if they think they know who will win.  During the playoffs though you know your going to play the winner of one game so you send your scouts to that one game.

Most coaches will send their junior high coaches to two different games during Week 10 unless it's already determined who they will play then they may send one set of scouts to their bi district round team and one to the next round opponent if they think they know who will win.  During the playoffs though you know your going to play the winner of one game so you send your scouts to that one game.

JH coaches.... good point, I should've mentioned that.

Bronco offense has yet to be stopped.The Livingston game could have easily been 45/47 points but chose to run out the clock.Not taking anything from a great lion team but Dayton has to much firepower.Dayton has now punted 10 times in 8 games that say's your offense is great.Dayton's defense is young but they have played well and every game played gains experience.Ajustments will be made,count on that.Elgin scores some points but cannot equal Dayton's 45 point avg.If there is  any weak link it has been the ability to score PAT'S.

Hey,

Can someone please tell me when/where this game will be? I haven't been able to go to a game since I graduated in 2005 and now that UT won't play on Saturday I might have a chance at catching this game. I looked all over this thread, but I guess I must have missed the date and time...?

Hey,

Can someone please tell me when/where this game will be? I haven't been able to go to a game since I graduated in 2005 and now that UT won't play on Saturday I might have a chance at catching this game. I looked all over this thread, but I guess I must have missed the date and time...?

the game will be friday night 7:30 at bronco stadium.great turkey legs ;D ::) ::)

Found this on Maxpreps about Elgin:

Led by Senior QB Tyler Swenson and Senior RB Derrick Falke, eight starters are back on offense for the Wildcats. In the second year of coach Danny Lauve's system, the adjustment period should be over and returning talent is in the fold. "Athlete" Justin Lee is a player to watch; he must be contained. Tight End Stevie Haywood is another offensive option. The offensive line is in pretty good shape too. On defense, four starters are back, and that unit must tighten up to lift the burden on offense. Things are on the upswing.

Their offense is averaging 325 yrds per game and defense is averaging 300.  I hope Dayton's "D" can contain them.

ok every rat likes a little cheese to chew on.last 4 yrs.bronco totals under Coach Stewart.Dayton in 46 games to date.Scored 1,571 pts.allowed 605 pts.=34.2 per vs.13.2 against including 2008 broncos who this yr.have scored 368 pts.allowed 141=40.9 pts.per & 15.7against in 9 games.Last years semi-finalist team scored 477 pts.allowed 152 pts.=31.7 pts.per & 10.2 against in 15 games.Pretty impressive for all you non-believers.

yea if elgin dosent bring a pretty stiff defense it might get out of hand quick but once again it is the playoffs and like i said about livingston elgin wants to win as bad as dayton does and they might bring what it takes for an upset but this is why the game is played and u cant count anyone out

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu