Sophs to watch for in next two years

CoogTalk

goodness gracious great balls of fire did u see the lumberton box scores for Sophomore quarterback Dominic Merka...

11-19 for 168yds and 4 TD's

rushing 10att/113yds

good lord i couldn't believe my eyes, maybe someone with the good stat knowledge could confirm or deny these ridiculous numbers

hes only a sophmore and in the playoffs no less against lumberton he did this....

we have a young man in HD that will have the body size and devellopment and for sure the hart, KEITH GILMORE, he is the hardest hitter on the HD deffense and runs the ball great. to me he is in the running for our deff player of the year (him or 15). and should be in the running for newcomer of the years in district

cameron mitchell l.b. 90+ tackles this year as a soph. blake duhon o.l. started every game on the line this year as a soph , cody johnson o.l.b. started as a soph , john kimble d.l. started every game as a soph , and justin albritton r.b.-d.b. is just  a fresh and started every game , go ap beat k-ville

Not a Soph.-- a Fr.-- Jacob Keefer from Silsbee.  Strong side Linebacker. This kid has done well this year. Hes made all the reads and the adjustments for a D that is still in the playoffs. He has Size and Speed. We don't have him for 2 more years.....we have him for 3.

Not a Soph.-- a Fr.-- Jacob Keefer from Silsbee.  Strong side Linebacker. This kid has done well this year. Hes made all the reads and the adjustments for a D that is still in the playoffs. He has Size and Speed. We don't have him for 2 more years.....we have him for 3.

Agreed.....I think we need to throw Prentice Lane in as well.  He will be a very good wr for the next 2 years.

The thing is Silsbee has some seriously good talent coming up.  This was supposed to be the down year.

That Keith Gilmore from HD is something else. He's big (prob around 6'1" 200lbs.) and has decent speed. He has his flaws and will develop more, but Good Lord that dude is a head hunter. I don't know how many helmets he's knocked off and how many guys he'd shut the lights out on this year. He's a force to be reakon'd with on kickoffs too, cause someone is gettin lit up. The best part about him playin linebacker is that he's just nasty. I had a great defensive coordinator who use to say to play on his defense you had to play like an a**hole. Keith's got that part down...lol.  ;D

I want to see how good WO-S's lil QB turns out too. I'll be looking forward to seeing him over the next couple years as well.

Marquis James and DJ Hall from hardin these two kids have not completely developed yet but in a year or two these kids are going to be great... marquis has great size and is getting bigger he is starting to get more involved with the offense now. and has great hands. and DJ is starting to come around and also getting more involved on offense.. ive seen some good catches from this kid.. he is not the biggest of kids but he runs good routes and has great hands as well.. just give these two kids some time and another off season and be looking for them to makes some good plays next year for hardin.. good luck to yall and keep working hard...

Guest football03

#30 Melvin Adderton 5'10 210 pounds 4.5 forty yard dash played fullback and defensive end for kelly this year. He is definatly going to be something special. Also freshman Brantley Wilson #75 6'0 225 started several games on o-line and linebacker. Watched him play on tv several times. Boy can play

I rarely attend JV games. I did when my son played JV ball of course. However, this year I attended 3 of Central's Jr. Jag games. I wasn't able to get aquainted with any of the players but I ask my nephew the names of two players that really stood out in all three games I attended. #11 I don't even know if he's a soph. But I do know #7 is. I think #7 name is Lawrence. At least that's what my nephew said his name is. He's a little kid in size, but a big time performer. He played safty, special teams and QB. I watched this kid in Jr. high also. He'll be making serious noise in the future fo the Fighting Jags.

Without a doubt Dom Mercka is impressive.

He is big 6'4 200 and has some break away speed for a QB. He has a pretty good arm, but he really is still developing mechanically and the arm strength and accuraccy will improve. He should be a big prospect in a couple of years and he and thay Junior WR they have could lead them to big things next year (i.e. Green and Dugat).

WO-S's sophomore QB Reggie Garrett may be the best QB we've ever had if he adopts the Mustang attitude.

Yes, Reggie Garrett will be a great one. This kid could have started for most teams as a Freshman. He never gets rattled under pressure and can throw the ball as well as run. Look out for Mark Roberts at Wr. The tandem between him and Garrett as Freshman was unstoppable. Look out for Darrius Robinson at RB and if the coaches decide to play Freshman RB Britton Lindsey on Varsity next year...look out. The Mustang running and passing game will be deadly. Britton will probably go down as one of the best backs that Wo-s has ever had.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder