Who is your favorite in the STJFL to win it all?

Who do you think will make it all the way in all divisions?

IN THE JRS!  IT WILL BE THE WO-S WHITE TEAM. MAN THEY HAD THE INJURY BUG ALL THIS SEASON. ONE OF THERE BEST PLAYERS GOT INJURED IN THE SECOND WEEK PLUS A FEW OF THERE SKILLED PLAYERS. ALMOST EVERY KID ON THERE TEAM HAVE STEP UP. SINCE ALL THE KIDS THAT WAS INJURED HAS COME BACK THIS TEAM HAS BEEN CLICKING. PLUS THEY HAVE PLAYED THE TOUGHEST TEAMS IN THERE DIVISION THIS YEAR. SO DON'T BE SUPRISE IF THEY WIN THE JR.S SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR. 

Who do you think will make it all the way in all divisions?

IN THE JRS!  IT WILL BE THE WO-S WHITE TEAM. MAN THEY HAD THE INJURY BUG ALL THIS SEASON. ONE OF THERE BEST PLAYERS GOT INJURED IN THE SECOND WEEK PLUS A FEW OF THERE SKILLED PLAYERS. ALMOST EVERY KID ON THERE TEAM HAVE STEP UP. SINCE ALL THE KIDS THAT WAS INJURED HAS COME BACK THIS TEAM HAS BEEN CLICKING. PLUS THEY HAVE PLAYED THE TOUGHEST TEAMS IN THERE DIVISION THIS YEAR. SO DON'T BE SUPRISE IF THEY WIN THE JR.S SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR. 

TO ADD TO THIS THEY ARE THE SMALLER OF THE TWO JUNIOR TEAMS FROM WOS, BUT MOST OF THESE KIDS AND COACHES ON THIS TEAM WON THE SUPERBOWL LAST YEAR IN PEEWEE BALL.

Orangefield Jr. teams combined after Ike, Does anyone know what STJFL plans to do about the records?  Some teams played a game more than others. Just wondering. I think it matters when trying to figure who makes the playoffs.

From what I understand, all games counted that were played. What difference does it make? The games were non-conference games. The top 2 teams in each division go, with 2 wild cards.

I have to be non-objective and say the WO-S Junior Blue... we are too diverse on offense and the defense is just tough to move the ball on. Also, if I didn't believe it I couldn't look my kids in the face lol. The only thing that Orangefield could affect would be the possibly tiebreakers in points for the teams that did have a bye. I don't know how the league would handle that but it could be the difference in some cases.

The playoff qaulification should not get to points, since the tie-breaker in front of points allowed is winning perecentage. It is what the Big 12 uses. Not all teams play the same amount of games, so they use winning percentage.

STJFL uses points allowed. There was a 3 way tie for third and fourth playoff spots in the sr. division. It was between wos white, orangefield and bridge city. BC beat Wos,Wos beat orangefield,and Orangefield beat BC. Since it was a three way tie the league goes to points allowed. So Wos white is 5-3 and at home. While 4-4 bc and 4-4 orangefield are in. it stinks, but thats the rule.

In the Sr division, division games only count. Non divisions games are like pre-season they count for anything. You have to finish in the top 4 out of 8 team witihin you division. No different than HS football and district. Correct?

Im not sure Bulldog1985. But I guess you're right. Is that how its done in uil also if there is a tie? Do they go from district or conference record to points allowed?

It will be the Mustang junior blue, We NOW know what it takes.

Dont look to far ahead it is a week by week deal with 9 and 10 year old kids you never know how they will play game day. Just like your last game thought it was a win but they are 9 and 10 good luck with BC this weekend... :P :P

Not looking ahead at all...just that I BELIEVE in these kids. They now know they have to play hard to get where they want to be. I believe you will see a focused team this weekend. There is not a bad kid in the bunch and they all are competitors and have the heart of a champion. If we don't these kids are still winners with me. Looking forward to BC if that is who we play.  If not Junior Blue and White makes it believe me we will be rooting them on.

It will be the Mustang junior blue, We NOW know what it takes.

Dont look to far ahead it is a week by week deal with 9 and 10 year old kids you never know how they will play game day. Just like your last game thought it was a win but they are 9 and 10 good luck with BC this weekend... :P :P

In the Sr division, division games only count. Non divisions games are like pre-season they count for anything. You have to finish in the top 4 out of 8 team witihin you division. No different than HS football and district. Correct?

Im not sure Bulldog1985. But I guess you're right. Is that how its done in uil also if there is a tie? Do they go from district or conference record to points allowed?

Bulldog1085 is correct. With no wildcards spots, non-division games do not count.

Does not matter what UIL does, STJFL has there playoff qualifications. Maybe WOS White just gave up too many points.

Bulldog1085 is correct. With no wildcards spots, non-division games do not count.

Does not matter what UIL does, STJFL has there playoff qualifications. Maybe WOS White just gave up too many points.

I said on another post that it was our fault,and that we gave up too many points. No need to get "smart"  with ur answer. I was just asking some questions and making a few statements. It really doesent matter. ALL 3 TROPHYS WILL END UP IN ORANGE ON DEC.13,2008. Have a nice day Bullpup!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry player 66 but WO-S pee wee will dominate lumberton. We will play them next Saturday and they are not ready for what we will bring to the field. They stayed to watch us play last week after they won their game 18-6. They were able to watch the Mustangs in action and I can guarantee you that they were amazed, we won 43-13 against woodville and we plan on sending Lumberton back down I-10 next saturday with a sad look on their faces. We beat them last year in the Super Bowl on the flag level so I know about their trick play offense the Chain Gang will show up and we will once again dominate!!!

I am new to this and I understand that division games only counted with no wildcard, i don't like it but i understand it. Question though, in the junior ranks they only counted division and there WERE wild cards. Maybe I am wrong but can someone explain this to me?

Ok, know that the first round is long gone and there is over a week before the 2nd round kicks off, who is you favorite now? Sr Division - Nederland, Jr Division WOS, Pee-wee Lumberton... Who dares to challenge my picks

EVERYBODY KNOWS ALL 3 DIVISONS WILL BE WON BY WO-S. ESPECIALLY IN THE PEE WEE DIVISON THEY JUST HAVE TO MANY WEPONS AND TO MUCH SPEED

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin