anthony beard- surgery thursday( at game friday)

Now remember AB, just because you are THE Beast of southeast texas, that does not mean that once you have your surgery Thursday that you can go jump right into the game Friday no matter how much you want to. So sit down and let your boys take care of you. Good Luck and Godspeed, your fans look forward to watching you play again next year. We're praying for your speedy recovery.

Yes Doggie he injured it against PNG

Thanks, sorry for Beard hope surgery and rehab goes well. Other point, is this the first of many A.C.L.'s on P.N.G.'S beautiful artificial turf field? I personally hate them, stats should there are more injuries on turf than the real McCoy that God intended the game to be played on. Good points and bad points on turf versus grass, maintenance, etc . I never liked Rubber Basketball Courts either, when you plant there is no give leading to many ankle injuries. Again nothing but good luck to Mr. Beard, lots of guts trying to play in Nederland game.

I hear he will misss this baseball season as well. Thats gotta hurt for Raider Baseball.

Good luck and speedy recovery.

If this is an ACL repair then he will be out for six months---the worst thing he can do is try to comeback to soon.(Jerry Rice) The external recovery will go very quickly but it takes six months for the ligament to completly fuse to the bone.

there is no intention to be back to eary , this will be by the book. the tendon graft will be from donar

& is supposed to be stronger than the acl(ligament) 6 - 8 months complete recovery.  they will start

ac rehab as soon as possible, dr. said knee would be stronger than before. also would be smart to wear brace at first, practice & games. guess donar tendon was located as of this date dont know. thursday

well see.

Guest tigersvoice

there is no intention to be back to eary , this will be by the book. the tendon graft will be from donar

& is supposed to be stronger than the acl(ligament) 6 - 8 months complete recovery.  they will start

ac rehab as soon as possible, dr. said knee would be stronger than before. also would be smart to wear brace at first, practice & games. guess donar tendon was located as of this date dont know. thursday

well see.

Young Mr. Beard,

You are an exceptional football talent.  I had debilatating knee injuries when I played but back then the medical procedures were not near what they are now.  Follow the strict rehab routine and your knee will be as strong as ever.  I wish you good fortune and patience.  You will want to push it and make it happen quicker than it should.  You will be back as good as before and that's pretty darn good.

AB take care and good luck with the knee. Watching you play the game of football makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. You are a great kid that doesn't let things get to you. This knee thing is just a bump in the road. We all wish you well and can't wait until we see you with a football in your hand again. Or better yet smashing somebodies head into the ground on a tackle.

well see.

That is good to hear and you are correct the knee will be stronger than before.

I've seen Lumberton play one game this year besides the PNG game and that was at Nederland.  This kid earned my respect without even playing in the game....after he left early.  Most players, from what I'm used to watching at PNG, would take off their pads and have a seat on the bench....and occassionaly go around and talk to players. 

Beard, left pads on, even after half time, and watched his team play the game.  Congratulating and talking to them when they came off of the field.  He even had his helmet on most of the time.  All this, and he knew he wasnt coming back in the game.  That showed a lot of class.  Wish everyone had that kind of heart.  Inspiring.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn