Lumberton vs. Crosby Playoff Predictions?

Crosby is no match---an easy win for Lumberton.

Cougars have a decent QB and a very fast Casey---that is all

Well with all fairness, we've all seen teams that have been no more than decent with a star that carried them further than they could have.

Let's not underestimate them and put ourselves into that situation.

Better to err on the cautious side, eh?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe whom ever has the ball last will win the game..Lumberton played us in a scrimmage before the season and we played Crosby in district.I don't think yaw have the speed to stop Crosby and we all know Crosby has no defense.So this will be a high scoring game going down to the wire..Lumberton will rush for 400+ yards and Crosby will rush for 200 and pass for 200.Crosby has great speed at the skilled positions,the one receiver #7 and the Casey kid can fly and even there QB whom is big about 6'4 and i believe is a SOPH can also fly,but like i said they have no defense,espicially there linebackers,so that means ball control wins the game.

Lumberton-35

Crosby-31

I believe whom ever has the ball last will win the game..Lumberton played us in a scrimmage before the season and we played Crosby in district.I don't think yaw have the speed to stop Crosby and we all know Crosby has no defense.So this will be a high scoring game going down to the wire..Lumberton will rush for 400+ yards and Crosby will rush for 200 and pass for 200.Crosby has great speed at the skilled positions,the one receiver #7 and the Casey kid can fly and even there QB whom is big about 6'4 and i believe is a SOPH can also fly,but like i said they have no defense,espicially there linebackers,so that means ball control wins the game.

Lumberton-35

Crosby-31

Pretty good analysis.  I do think that Lumberton will stop Crosby more than Crosby will stop Lumberton.  I say Lumberton by at least two touchdowns.

BTW this may be the only game 20-AAAA wins this week in the playoffs.

Lumberton-35

Crosby-31

Lumberton handles "Speed" teams. No way Crosby has more speed than Livingston, Central, and Ozen. People also said Lumberton's secondary can stand up to passing teams Like Nederland. Bellow's went 10 for 27. If Crosby can't stop the run and they dont have a "power" running game, they will not beat Lumberton. IMO, Lumberton's weakness is too may players play both ways. However, they seem to find the heart to accomplish it every week.

Crosby is no match---an easy win for Lumberton.

Cougars have a decent QB and a very fast Casey---that is all

Well with all fairness, we've all seen teams that have been no more than decent with a star that carried them further than they could have.

Let's not underestimate them and put ourselves into that situation.

Better to err on the cautious side, eh?

I stand by my post--Lumberton should crush Crosby

Lumberton relies on their defense just like Dayton does.  Dayton shut Crosby down and sent them packing.  I know Beard is gone but I believe Lumberton's defense should be able to shut Crosby down.  If Lumberton wins in a shootout it will be a short road for the L-Train in the playoffs.  The only advantage I see for Crosby is the short bus trip, thats it.

Just like Raid07 said...Lumberton can handle "speed". The teams that like to pass....our DL is quick and strong enough to bring the pressure just like we did against nederland. Although Beard is out, it looks like the must have brought a new ILB up from JV...I'm not sure who he his but he is taking care of business. 

I see LR defense shutting down Crosby and bringing home a pretty sweet win.

28-14  The Train!

You have not seen Speed until you have seen this Casey kid run,you are talking about the second fastest kid in the whole USA..He has not played in the last 3 or 4 games due to injuries,he played against us (Dayton) and had a long TD run called back.Crosby has some athletes but we just have had there number for the last 10 years,you could go into there locker room and say Dayton and they would start getting that deer in the headlight look..Yaw keep saying Crosby is a pass team but they run out of the spread and can run it too..Look at there stats, there QB has 600 yds rushing..Some of our kids said on film he looks like a white V Young running and he is only a Sophmore.I still say Lumberton wins, but its going to be closer than all you keep saying..I don't know about the speed of the other teams you all have faced in 20-4A but Crosby has 3 kids that run 4.4 and i don't think they all have been healthy this year...

You have not seen Speed until you have seen this Casey kid run,you are talking about the second fastest kid in the whole USA..He has not played in the last 3 or 4 games due to injuries,he played against us (Dayton) and had a long TD run called back.Crosby has some athletes but we just have had there number for the last 10 years,you could go into there locker room and say Dayton and they would start getting that deer in the headlight look..Yaw keep saying Crosby is a pass team but they run out of the spread and can run it too..Look at there stats, there QB has 600 yds rushing..Some of our kids said on film he looks like a white V Young running and he is only a Sophmore.I still say Lumberton wins, but its going to be closer than all you keep saying..I don't know about the speed of the other teams you all have faced in 20-4A but Crosby has 3 kids that run 4.4 and i don't think they all have been healthy this year...

Man I just didn't see it.  I know they are supposed to be underrated but I still just don't see it.  It's almost like they lack just two or three more good players and they'd make it but it won't be this year.  Their RB is fast I will say that and he is hard to bring down despite his size.  Still have the Train on this one.

Yall are out of your mind saying that Lumberton is gonna win by a couple tds.

Crosby's D held North Forest to 21pts while Dayton gave up 30 somethin.

Yeah...Crosby's had a bad week against C.E. King but our starting RB didnt play on offense.

The PN-G game was a joke and they only won by a missed extra point. PN-G took Lumberton to OT.

Our LBs havnet been 100% the past couple of weeks and will step it up big this week.

Crosby on top 24-14

PUT THE PIPE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...Crosby's had a bad week against C.E. King but our starting RB didnt play on offense.

The PN-G game was a joke and they only won by a missed extra point. PN-G took Lumberton to OT.

Our LBs havnet been 100% the past couple of weeks and will step it up big this week.

Crosby on top 24-14

PNG played its best game of the year against lumberton....other than that, PNG has NOT beat anyone in 20-4A. This may not be an easy game...but The Trains a comin! Take that to the bank!

Crosby on top 24-14

PNG played its best game of the year against lumberton....other than that, PNG has beat anyone in 20-4A. This may not be an easy game...but The Trains a comin! Take that to the bank!

Let me begin with million dollar stadium,Refs and still could'nt stop the Train

PRICLESS!!!!! Now on to this issue not knowing or having seen Crosby play.

TRAIN 31

Crusby 14

I dont see Lumberton Blowing out Crosby. I hope I am wrong. I dont think the kids think this will be a easy game either.

Now to the one that is lost in space. If you think that Crosby puts 400 yds off. on Raidernation and we still win you are on good stuff.

I fully agree. Talked to Scott Purks #7 on Monday. They know all about Crosby's speed. Don't worry; they're taking care of business and will be all week.

I dont see Lumberton Blowing out Crosby. I hope I am wrong. I dont think the kids think this will be a easy game either.

Now to the one that is lost in space. If you think that Crosby puts 400 yds off. on Raidernation and we still win you are on good stuff.

I fully agree. Talked to Scott Purks #7 on Monday. They know all about Crosby's speed. Don't worry; they're taking care of business and will be all week.

some of us know what Scotty P's # is Get it!! That's our secret weapon, he knows everyplay shame they did'nt use him MORE.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Crosby on top 24-14

You can't compare games and how one team plays another team vs another team & so on. It's not a very accurate assessment.

Sorry but i dont think the "l train" is gunna roll over crosby. The cougars have a dangerous offense and a stern defense. True we did horrible against C.E. King but like somebody said earlier you cant compare one game to another. Not to take anything away from lumberton, they do have a very good rb who hits the whole hard and gets the job done, not to mention a large o-line who gives him room to work with. But for what we lack in size up front we definately make up for in speed, both linebeackers are very experinced at what they do. And i dont think lumberton has much of a passing game so dont count on this being a blowout on either side. This will be a very hard fought game

Crosby 24, Lumberton 21

I say that we have another great game from the offensive line, which I think everyone agrees is the best o-line in this area. Giving Hanna another 300+ game. I think now that he has the feeling of running for that many yards that its just going to get better. I also say that Hughes comes around this week surprising everyone with an outstanding game! The D-Line will do as usually and dominate. Kyler Keith will pulls off another int making it 8. And hopefully the rest of the D can contain there FAST running back!

Lumberton 32

Crosby 14

Do not count them Coogs out just yet. From what I understand my boy Flan has those boys focused and ready for his Alma Mater. This should be a darn good football game and a close one. I doubt the Raiders are over looking the Coogs, I'm sure it is just the fans. Good luck boys ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder