Lumberton vs. Crosby Playoff Predictions?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest band of brothers

I haven't really heard anything about crosby other than a lumberton allum coaches there (flannigan), what kind of offense do they run?

L-Town by 2 Td's....Why does nobody talk about what an awesome D line we have, has nobody noticed # 33 and #25 we all know Hanna gets the job done, but I think these 2 deserve a little recognition also.

Agreed. There are many positions that do an excellent job that aren't in the spotlight.

The O-line gets a lot of credit, but there are also others on offense that make key blocks.

Same for defense. And special teams.

Each player is crucial to our success and all need to be congratulated.

L-Town by 2 Td's....Why does nobody talk about what an awesome D line we have, has nobody noticed # 33 and #25 we all know Hanna gets the job done, but I think these 2 deserve a little recognition also.

This is an age-old argument. Everyone knows the OL/DL are important to the success of a football team but there are no points awarded for good tackles/blocks. So, it just makes sense that those who score the points get the credit. I know. I am a RB at heart but I was given the build of a lineman, which meant no respect or glory for me (ha). Wars are won in the trenches but it's the Officer's in the rear that get the recognition. That's the way it's always been and the way it will always be. That said, from one grunt to another, way to go OL/DL.

To new indian,not being cocky just plain ole stats just like others say,it is in the books no disrepect for anyone just betting on the numbers.If a team only punts now & then means the defenses have lots of trouble stopping them right?To refresh your memory a bit remember Dayton's great team in the playoff's last year and the qb G.Charles passing for 1,800 yds in 11 games w/22 td passes.Now add in C Green{injured in game 1 last year & missed it all as a soph.qb was rated Texas top 100 qbs.as he threw for 1,400 @ 22 tds.as a 10th grader.Now he is bigger 6'4" 210 and fast.He is now in top 35 in the state-Texas Ford Player of the week in 4A 3 weeks ago,and has put in the books more pass + rush yds.than Lumberton's entire offense.Signed w/Nebraska.I believe as other fans this is Dayton's best team in 13 straight playoff years-9 dist.titles and earned every one of them-no gimmee's like sending 4 from each dist.When Dec.comes around I would bet the Broncos will be there.Come on out @ see for yourself.This group has lot's of speed(can't coach speed) @ talent and looks primed for Coach Stewart for 4 more years as the Jv & 9th grade won all but 1 game(reason- moved some young kids up to varsity.That is no baloney just pigskin facts.

having seen both play Ltrain by 30. Crosby's defense is very, very small up front, they wont be able to handle the ol of Lumberton, and their linebackers cant tackle a Jr. high RB.  Crosby's offense is fun to watch with all the throwing they do, they look like TT without the big lineman and wideouts that can catch. Don't know if the Casey kid is playing hadn't seen him play in awhile, he might want to sit out of this one and get ready for track. The trains a roll'n and there's a cat on the tracks.

Gosh as a Dayton alum can you have to teams that I want to pick a winner out of less, well I guess Liberty would be one. Should be interesting, but oh please Lord send Lumberton to Dayton!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Keep praying it might happen. Come on raiders

one game at a time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not true Raideroltimer,we want you to win always ,of course not against Dayton.You guys started the threads about your 1st time win over the Broncos 8 to 7 last year early.This year was the 1st time Dayton won a scrimmage against WOS,they always like Friendswood beat us early.Yet we do not go on & on about it.It was last year-Raiders had a real good team w/30 seniors.I believe those 30 had played good together since jr.high and that does not happen alot.I will be the 1st to say congradulations again raiders on another good year but I realistically cannot believe you are as good as last year but time will tell soon enough.You should beat Crosby the weaker 19 4A team,but it won't be blowout.Comparing team stats in 7 dist.games in categories: PUNTS/Lumb.22----Dayt.9 ----TOT.OFFEN.YDS. Lumb.2,170----Dayt.3,863 DEFENSE tot.yds.allowed 7 dist.games Lumb.1,584----Dayt.1,344----Points scored vs. points allowed not anywhere close to Dayton.This Bronco squad is probably the team with the best shot @ a state title as Dayton has ever had,yes overall better than last year's team that went to the semi-final game.I am not counting the raiders out by no means,just on paper they don't match up but upsets happen everyday in sports.Good luck-keep winning-and we will see.

Those #'s are fun too look at and nice to throw around. Lets remember that most people think (acording to these boards) that the teams in 20 4 a stronger teams. That doesnt mean that I think the 20 4A teams win all these games. Livingston prolly beats any team other than Dayton easy  but may lose to Dayton big. I agree Dayton may be best team in area but lets not throw out the #'s they put up against weaker teams like this.

I will just base my comments on a proven and one of several outstanding coaches in this part of Texas that being Coach Stewart of Dayton(13) straight playoff's & 9 Dist.Titles(before took Cleburne to the title game @ playoff's as well.How many coaches in 20-4a have that legacy?There are some coaches in S.E Texas who have better winning records but it is a mere handful.If Stewart thinks this years team is more talented @ quicker then I would think his judgement is better than mine or yours.Every year it seems that all the great coaches teams are there after District is over.Rarely does a team sneak in a win against them.

LUMBERTON VS CROSBY

FRIDAY 7:30 PM

HUMBLE

The L-Train is back! Except for getting plundered by the Pirates, the Raiders have been perfect this season. The Raiders feature a more power runnng game that has not been stopped this season and a stingy defense that has limited the scoring of it's opponents enough to keep producing W's. Crosby got third place in 19-4A, but was beat badly by #1 Dayton and #2 CE King. Will the Cougars be able to derail the Lumberton running machine or will the L-Train decapitate the Cougars? Who will win Friday night in Humble? Check back Thursday for....

TOUPS GRAPHICS FEARLESS PREDICTION

Lumberton fans, it's easy to get caught up in the season and say that Crosby is basically an auto-win, but there are a couple factors that might be deceiving.

First of all, they're in the same district as Dayton, so one loss on their record could have easily been a W in our 20-4A district.

Second, I was talking to Scott Purks in one of my classes today and it would appear that the RB or someone on Crosby is the Defending State Champion in Hurdles for Track ...

So having said both of those, let's not overlook Crosby and consider them an easy opponent, as most people are doing.

Lumberton fans, it's easy to get caught up in the season and say that Crosby is basically an auto-win, but there are a couple factors that might be deceiving.

First of all, they're in the same district as Dayton, so one loss on their record could have easily been a W in our 20-4A district.

Second, I was talking to Scott Purks in one of my classes today and it would appear that the RB or someone on Crosby is the Defending State Champion in Hurdles for Track ...

So having said both of those, let's not overlook Crosby and consider them an easy opponent, as most people are doing.

Chance Casey led the nation in both of the hurdles for the better part of last year. He is extremely fast... not a great FOOTBALL player but a very good one. If he gets loose.... GONE.

just don't let him get loose. ;)

Chance Casey led the nation in both of the hurdles for the better part of last year. He is extremely fast... not a great FOOTBALL player but a very good one. If he gets loose.... GONE.

just don't let him get loose. ;)

Yeah exactly ... a mistake here and there could result in a TD here and there. All those hurdling skills HAVE to help him get away from a few tackles.

Not true Raideroltimer,we want you to win always ,of course not against Dayton.You guys started the threads about your 1st time win over the Broncos 8 to 7 last year early.This year was the 1st time Dayton won a scrimmage against WOS,they always like Friendswood beat us early.Yet we do not go on & on about it.It was last year-Raiders had a real good team w/30 seniors.I believe those 30 had played good together since jr.high and that does not happen alot.I will be the 1st to say congradulations again raiders on another good year but I realistically cannot believe you are as good as last year but time will tell soon enough.You should beat Crosby the weaker 19 4A team,but it won't be blowout.Comparing team stats in 7 dist.games in categories: PUNTS/Lumb.22----Dayt.9 ----TOT.OFFEN.YDS. Lumb.2,170----Dayt.3,863 DEFENSE tot.yds.allowed 7 dist.games Lumb.1,584----Dayt.1,344----Points scored vs. points allowed not anywhere close to Dayton.This Bronco squad is probably the team with the best shot @ a state title as Dayton has ever had,yes overall better than last year's team that went to the semi-final game.I am not counting the raiders out by no means,just on paper they don't match up but upsets happen everyday in sports.Good luck-keep winning-and we will see.

Those #'s are fun too look at and nice to throw around. Lets remember that most people think (acording to these boards) that the teams in 20 4 a stronger teams. That doesnt mean that I think the 20 4A teams win all these games. Livingston prolly beats any team other than Dayton easy  but may lose to Dayton big. I agree Dayton may be best team in area but lets not throw out the #'s they put up against weaker teams like this.

Most of the people on these boards are from the Triangle area.

And they think the Triangle area schools are stronger?

Go figure.

What field general(qb) can guide his team into the end zone more than the other is the Big Question?Big games have less experienced qb's pumped up so much they tend to overthrow the recievers.Crosby has the edge on passing-Lumberton on rushing.It is all on the line playing the last game for the seniors if they lose.Take Crosby's loss to Dayton out and they are a pretty good football team.I think the outcome will be the team that turns turnovers into points,poor field position,penalties,punt/kick returns,injuries(pray for 0)All factor in-Could be a back n forth shootout.As for now flip a coin,let the game begin,let's see who does it best this night on a neutral field.I do like the Raiders,and their great fans.Hope you win.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder