Nederland's Suspensions

jake94

Ok and youre obviously not understanding what im saying. I said that a full game suspension is to much and that a half would be plenty. I never once said he should let this slide or anything. And who cares if ive enjoyed an exoctic dancer in the past  ;D...you know you have as well haha

How do you know I'm not an exotic dancer myself??  Just giving you a hard time on that one.  Probably a judgement call as to what's appropriate.  Coaches I played for would be AT LEAST a one game suspension in high school but that would have probably netted you 3 or 4 from my college coach.

LOL, rollin, u wear tassles and a thong or would that be a string bikini?  :o ::)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what the heck Nederland???  Skipping practice to go watch an NBA game??  They're lucky something like that only netted them a one game suspension because I doubt their excuse for missing practice was "we're going to an NBA game."  Don't know the story but that sure sounds like a commitment problem...

Hopefully you still beat Lumberton and we're now bringing at least 13 Dayton fans to come see it.

dayton didn't you have alittle trouble this summer, sounds like you had a little problem also.

what the heck Nederland???  Skipping practice to go watch an NBA game??  They're lucky something like that only netted them a one game suspension because I doubt their excuse for missing practice was "we're going to an NBA game."  Don't know the story but that sure sounds like a commitment problem...

Hopefully you still beat Lumberton and we're now bringing at least 13 Dayton fans to come see it.

dayton didn't you have alittle trouble this summer, sounds like you had a little problem also.

more than a little... I think the broncos have rallied nicely.

Yep sure did...suspended for the season...5 defensive starters.  Yet still district champions...how's that for a message?

Ok and youre obviously not understanding what im saying. I said that a full game suspension is to much and that a half would be plenty. I never once said he should let this slide or anything. And who cares if ive enjoyed an exoctic dancer in the past  ;D...you know you have as well haha

How do you know I'm not an exotic dancer myself??  Just giving you a hard time on that one.  Probably a judgement call as to what's appropriate.  Coaches I played for would be AT LEAST a one game suspension in high school but that would have probably netted you 3 or 4 from my college coach.

LOL, rollin, u wear tassles and a thong or would that be a string bikini?  :o ::)

ROT man I knew I'd seen you somewhere before...been checkin' out my act at La Bare's huh ;D

Yep sure did...suspended for the season...5 defensive starters.  Yet still district champions...how's that for a message?

Not sure if you can question the commitment problem.........

Not sure if you can question the commitment problem.........

Because we let our kids off easy??....yeah you're right because we had kids suspended we shouldn't be able to say that skipping practice shows a lack of commitment to the team.  Nice logic...my 3 year old thinks that's ignorant.

Again i agree that what they did was wrong and selfish but like I said they shouldn't be suspended the entire game. Half the game at the most would be plenty.

Yeah, that would be real punishment, have them sit out a few plays.

Neumann did the right thing. Yeah they are teens and yes they made a dumb silly mistake. The mistake wasn't wanting to have fun, the mistake was putting their own selfish interests above that of the team that they were supposed to be committed to. If the mistake was only on them then it would be different. Maybe if they skipped a class or something that was not against the team but that wasn't it. They hurt the entire team for their own interests.

It does not send much of a message to others that the penalty for an abuse of fellow teammates and the disrespect to both the coaches and other players is to sit out a quarter or two. I firmly believe that it is their right to go to the NBA game even when it is a slap in the face of the team. It is also the right for the coach to put them in their place by a punishment fitting the crime. I think the punishment fits the crime.

If they get mad and want to quit then so be it. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. If they decide to come back and apologize to their teamates and coaches and make amends, then let's put it in the past, have a group hug and move on with our lives. The choice, as was the last one, is theirs to make. Let's hope they man up to learn a lesson by admitting their mistakes and taking responsibility.

True BMF, at least what they did was legal... bad choice but not life threatening.

Yep and the punishment is not that if it had been an illegal act. They aren't being fined, they won't do jail time and they won't be placed on house arrest. They are being put in time out and not getting to play a game that they love to play for one day. Seems fitting.

I hope that Neumann doesn't get so much pressure as to change his mind. Then it would look weak and like they can get away with mistakes if they are stars. What a great message that would send.

Isnt bellows sitting as well for his ejection in the vidor game. thought that was a distict policy.

They can play.

I am glad he can play but wonder why in other sports you have to sit the next game.  Shouldn't there be consistency from one sport to the next ??? 

Maybe it is because there are not as many regular season football games as there are for other sports?

Wonder if they mentioned to the coach ahead of time they were going to see the Rockets?

Maybe but I can't imagine that scenario. If they told/asked him and he obvioulsy said "no", then they would be suffering more than a one game suspension. If my boss told me directly not to do something and I did it anyway, I would likely be fired. Well in this case, the coach is the boss. If he made direct contact with them about it beforehand and they went anyway, shame on them. Again, I would have a hard time believing that it happened that way but there have been stranger things happen.

Ain't gona happen bigun! I do like timeout, awesome. Dodge suspended 15 players, i think, and won the next week? Dayton 5 players for the season and won District? Jerry Jones even won with Barry Switzer?

True BMF, at least what they did was legal... bad choice but not life threatening.

Yep and the punishment is not that if it had been an illegal act. They aren't being fined, they won't do jail time and they won't be placed on house arrest. They are being put in time out and not getting to play a game that they love to play for one day. Seems fitting.

I hope that Neumann doesn't get so much pressure as to change his mind. Then it would look weak and like they can get away with mistakes if they are stars. What a great message that would send.

Wonder if they mentioned to the coach ahead of time they were going to see the Rockets?

They made an excuse for missing practice and Neuman later found out the truth.  They made a mistake and Neuman acted quickly and they got the punishment they deserve.  I do feel for Asa missing his last varsity home game.  I know his Grandma would have loved to walk him on the field for senior night.  Chalk it up as a lesson learned and hopefully Nederland can get past this.  Can't help but wonder if this had been next week with CE King waiting if we would have ever even heard about any of this.

I am pretty sure that Coach Nuemann had laid the ground rules to his program long before this incident. The players knew what the rules were, but still decided to go against them. Now they have to pay the price.

Kudos Coach.

It is a very intersting point that was made. Had it been next week, I wonder what the outcome would have been?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder