jarvis benard

Guest wos84

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="458369" timestamp="1225801203"]
Basketball is a funny game. I've known some great players who were supposely destined to go to the NBA. And I've known a small few who made it and no one ever expected them to go that far. Some of these high school kids are good at the level they are playing and will not advance much farther. The thing with 3-A schools is that the level of competition isn't all what it is talked up to be ( I'll probably get some flack). Jarvis is going to have to play against some top quality players or some good exposure camps during the summer months to get any notice from the big D-1 schools. Which is where most of these kids are trying to play ball
[/quote]

I think Aaron Rodgers of the Superbowl Champ Packers is a prime example of someone who DID NOT play with the 'big boys" and still became a great quarterback despite being undersized, despite playing at Butte Community College for two years because nobody "knew about him'.  Doesnt look as though being from a relatively small Oregon HIgh School hurt his chances much even though he didnt compete with the big boys from LA or Chicago or New York.  Until Mr. Rodgers transferred to Cal for his last two years, he didnt have the benefit of "the better competition".  I therefore assume, that there are some other qualities possessed by Mr. Rogers that enabled him to get where he is right now.

[quote name="stevenash" post="962505" timestamp="1297122482"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=44611.msg458369#msg458369 date=1225801203]
Basketball is a funny game. I've known some great players who were supposely destined to go to the NBA. And I've known a small few who made it and no one ever expected them to go that far. Some of these high school kids are good at the level they are playing and will not advance much farther. The thing with 3-A schools is that the level of competition isn't all what it is talked up to be ( I'll probably get some flack). Jarvis is going to have to play against some top quality players or some good exposure camps during the summer months to get any notice from the big D-1 schools. Which is where most of these kids are trying to play ball
[/quote]

I think Aaron Rodgers of the Superbowl Champ Packers is a prime example of someone who DID NOT play with the 'big boys" and still became a great quarterback despite being undersized, despite playing at Butte Community College for two years because nobody "knew about him'.  Doesnt look as though being from a relatively small Oregon HIgh School hurt his chances much even though he didnt compete with the big boys from LA or Chicago or New York.  Until Mr. Rodgers transferred to Cal for his last two years, he didnt have the benefit of "the better competition".  I therefore assume, that there are some other qualities possessed by Mr. Rogers that enabled him to get where he is right now.
[/quote]Basketball is a unique sport. You gotta be able to do 3,4,5 things all at one time. But football, well thats another story ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="962641" timestamp="1297141203"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=44611.msg962505#msg962505 date=1297122482]
[/quote]

[/quote]Basketball is a unique sport. You gotta be able to do 3,4,5 things all at one time. But football, well thats another story ;D
[/quote]

Believe me, I am NOT a football fan, but am pretty sure that Mr. Rogers has as many things to do at once as any point guard does.

[quote name="stevenash" post="962889" timestamp="1297192819"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=44611.msg962641#msg962641 date=1297141203]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Believe me, I am NOT a football fan, but am pretty sure that Mr. Rogers has as many things to do at once as any point guard does.
[/quote]yep he does NOW!

Problem is being at a small school and staying there..........May go through years wout being noticed, and if he gets noticed, scouts may look at comp he was facing and lose interest, the better the program, the better the competition the better the results all around. Get in a good PROGRAM and reach ones potential. Hate to see kids that get really good out of h.s. and it happens all the time!!!!!!! It's too late to matter, adult leagues are full of what could have beens...........

[quote name="team first" post="962897" timestamp="1297193395"]
Problem is being at a small school and staying there..........May go through years wout being noticed, and if he gets noticed, scouts may look at comp he was facing and lose interest, the better the program, the better the competition the better the results all around. Get in a good PROGRAM and reach ones potential. Hate to see kids that get really good out of h.s. and it happens all the time!!!!!!! It's too late to matter, adult leagues are full of what could have beens...........
[/quote]true

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="962891" timestamp="1297192939"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=44611.msg962889#msg962889 date=1297192819]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=44611.msg962641#msg962641 date=1297141203]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]yep he does NOW!
[/quote]  Yes, he does- despite his "no way" background

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami