*POST PLAYOFF INFO HERE*

The meeting between Evadale, West Hardin and Goodrich happened this morning and according to the Evadale HS principal this is how the tri champs will settle the playoff seeding.

West Hardin will play Goodrich on Thursday

Evadale will await the winner on Friday.

The West Hardin/Goodrich loser will be the #3 seed

The winner of the Evadale/Thursday match winner will be the #1 seed

I know the game on Friday is at Spurger and I believe the one on Thursday is too. The Friday game is set for 5 PM

Good Luck to all the teams, hope we get the opportunity to meet again in the playoffs, because if we did both teams would be close to winning regional!

Guest tigersvoice

Silsbee and Hamshire will play Friday at Ozen.  The game will start at 5:00.

Hey, mactiger!  Congrats to your daughter and you.  Do we know who we face next and where?  Wishing the team continued success.

Congratulations Lady Warriors on advancing.  Congratulations also to the coaching staff.  Good job thru some adversity.  Hats off to you for sticking to your rules.  There is so much more to teach young people than just winning and losing and you are to be commended for having rules and enforcing them.  It's just a shame some people put their on agenda before the team......it sure lets their teammates down.  Keep up the good work and good luck thru out the remainder of the playoffs.

No one ever said anyone "threw" a game.  There is a difference in throwing a game and "pouting" in a major contest.  I, as an outsider, saw the Kountze game.....it was a good example of some players not taking care of THEIR business and letting one get away.  I'm sure the young lady is a fine young lady.....it is my understanding that this player elected to work the concessions at a little league game rather than attend a practice......poor choice!

I heard that from a very reliable source but wether she quit for that reason or because she got her feelings hurt, it's a shame the rest of her team had to be put in that situation.  It's a good thing some of these kids weren't playing when coaches could actually disipline them without the parents interfering.  Enough said about this situation......the coaches enforced their rules and some people couldn't handle it.........bottom line!

I heard that from a very reliable source but wether she quit for that reason or because she got her feelings hurt, it's a shame the rest of her team had to be put in that situation.  It's a good thing some of these kids weren't playing when coaches could actually discipline them without the parents interfering.  Enough said about this situation......the coaches enforced their rules and some people couldn't handle it.........bottom line!

i as a fan was very let down at the kountze game...i think the only people not let down were the parents of some of the other girls...the student section warren brings with them expects a win...they also understand rules...but they dint understand how rules can come into effect on gameday...the remarks about people not knowing what is going on is very wrong...its warren Texas...everyone knows whats going on...when a coach points out a player after a game and calls her out for not wanting to win is unacceptable...especially after hearing the coach say before that she would rather lose to have it easier in the playoffs...i mean talk about throwing a game...lets put a new rule into effect saying a player cant do makeup running on gameday(when its been done multiple times before)...and not let her play...then lose to have it easier in the playoffs???...i dint guess anyone noticed that out of the three times warren has played kountzes we lost twice(WITHOUT #6) and won once (WITH #6)!!!!!!....i guess this all just a coincidence though right?...warren sports are to a point were we dint care about winning...as long as your point is proven?...what exactly was the point???...that if you leave ur shoes in your locker you cant play the next day???...and if the coach told the player to leave practice, why would you penalize her for missing practice ??? ??????...the whole thing is absolutely ludicrous...

First of all, the statement should have been, "everyone THINKS they know what is going on in Warren Texas."  Unless you are at the practice and in the locker room, you know nothing.  There are always circumstances to every situation.  this was not the first time #6 decided she had better things to do than practice.  Coaches deal with these situations every day.  For some reason parents and kids(some, not all) alike have decided that it doesn't matter if you practice, if you are good enough and the team is going to win.......play em!  That my friend is what is ludicrous.  I saw Warren play early in the year and yes, they are a better team with both #6 and the setter that quit BUT, there is so much more to teach these kids than the almighty win.  You have coaches that believe that.  You should consider yourself lucky.

First of all, the statement should have been, "everyone THINKS they know what is going on in Warren Texas."  Unless you are at the practice and in the locker room, you know nothing.  There are always circumstances to every situation.  this was not the first time #6 decided she had better things to do than practice.  Coaches deal with these situations every day.  For some reason parents and kids(some, not all) alike have decided that it doesn't matter if you practice, if you are good enough and the team is going to win.......play em!  That my friend is what is ludicrous.  I saw Warren play early in the year and yes, they are a better team with both #6 and the setter that quit BUT, there is so much more to teach these kids than the almighty win.  You have coaches that believe that.  You should consider yourself lucky.

im from warren lady...you dont have to tell me there are more important things than winning...your preachin to the choir on that subject...and i was at the practice...and i dont see how you think she had better things to do ???...she was at the practice and was then told to leave...so unless you were there you should stop posting on the subject seeing as you heard only one side of the story(most likely from coach basinger)...

Coachkfan, as a coach, why did you have to bring up that situation and embarass this girl further? Everyone who follows VB in Warren knows enough about this situation to know who you were talking about. Just had to get a digg in huh? As a COACH you should have just congratulated the ladies wished them luck and stopped there. Sounds like a maturity issue...

Coachkfan, as a coach, why did you have to bring up that situation and embarass this girl further? Everyone who follows VB in Warren knows enough about this situation to know who you were talking about. Just had to get a digg in huh? As a COACH you should have just congratulated the ladies wished them luck and stopped there. Sounds like a maturity issue...

yes...you as a coach should be used to this kind of drama and should know how to avoid it...and it also seems that your "reliable source" is twisting things in her favor...you ,as a coach, should know that both sides if a story should be heard before forming an opinion...

Congratulations Lady Warriors on advancing.  Congratulations also to the coaching staff.  Good job thru some adversity. Hats off to you for sticking to your rules.  There is so much more to teach young people than just winning and losing and you are to be commended for having rules and enforcing them.  It's just a shame some people put their on agenda before the team......it sure lets their teammates down. Keep up the good work and good luck thru out the remainder of the playoffs.

Okay so first of all, CoachKfan, how can you give a "hats off to you for sticking to your rules" compliment, when apparently you don't know what the rules are at warren. You also said that a statement should have been "everyone THINKS they know what is going on in Warren, Texas," and that "unless you are at the practice and in the locker room, you know nothing," well I'm guessing you know NOTHING then because I don't recall you being at either.  Before the Thursday night playoff between Kountze, Hardin, and Warren, there was no "rule" that said makeups couldn't be done on gameday. It had been done before (by the same player that needed to do them that particular day (Shaina), and also by another player) The no "makeups on game day" rule came into effect ON THAT GAMEDAY, which makes no sense at all. If you are in a three way tie for first place, it doesn't seem like (as a coach that WANTED TO WIN) you would make up new rules that would cause one of the best players on the team to have to sit the bench. As waa-town said, Warren had played Kountze twice before, once with ALL of their players, once without Shaina (due to a back injury that she had.) The time that Warren played without her, they got beat, and when they played with her.. with THEIR WHOLE TEAM ON THE COURT.. they won. So it seems that the smart decision, and the best decision, would be to put the whole team, in their OWN positions on the court. Not to have multiple players in positions in which they are unaccustomed to playing. I have noticed before, that this particular player that was being made to sit out, isn't exactly the coach's favorite player. They make things more difficult for her, than for any other player on the team. She rarely does anything right in their eyes. They'll find things to gripe about, even when what she does is closer to perfection than any other girl on the team could achieve. I guarantee you, had the same thing happened to a different player, a "better liked" player on the team, she would have been permitted to play. And Shaina should have been playing anyway. No, she had not been at school most of the previous day(she had been sick.. throwing up), but she showed up for athletics and volleyball practice. She (like a lot of other girls on the team) put her shoes in her locker after the game Tuesday night, so when she showed up to school FOR ATHLETICS AND VOLLEYBALL PRACTICE on Wednesday, it was impossible for her to already have them on. The coach ASSUMED (and i think we all know what assuming does) that since her shoes were not already on her feet, that she was not "prepared" to practice. Before Shaina had a chance to go in the locker room and put her shoes on, the coach told her to sit down, so she did as told. Then the coach recommended that the other players stay away from her so that they did not also get sick. Then she held a little "team meeting" and once that meeting was over, she told Shaina that since she was sick she just needed to go home. Shaina said she would practice, but the coach said no. THEREFORE, SHAINA SHOWED UP FOR PRACTICE, BUT WAS ASKED TO LEAVE. SO HOW CAN SHE BE PUNISHED THE NEXT DAY FOR "NOT SHOWING UP TO PRACTICE?????" (that's what the coaches tried to blame her punishment on.) AND ALSO, to try and prove just how badly she wanted to play, Shaina showed up at school that Thursday morning extra early and did her makeup running (since she had been able to do that before) yet the coach did not accept it. As a coach, aren't you being paid to do your best to produce a WINNING TEAM? I mean, if you're going to take the time to coach, shouldn't you coach to win? And wouldn't coaching to win require putting your best players on the court? Now, had she SKIPPED practice and acted as though she didn't care to play, the coaches decision would have been understandable.

As for the setter that quit:

You were at the game right? And you have also seen other Warren games previous to that one?

Well, could you honestly see a difference in her performance that Thursday night, verses any other game she has ever played? No, she may not have CHEERED, but she wasn't at a CHEERLEADING COMPETITION. It is not her responsibility as a VOLLEYBALL PLAYER to CHEER. It is her responsibility to play VOLLEYBALL, which she did. Maybe she did "pout" (as you put it.) She clearly was in disagreement with the coaches ummm.. idiotic decision... and was aggravated with the way things were going. But "POUTING" doesn't lose a game, and in this case, it didn't even affect the way she played. Then after the game she was called out and questioned. One of the things she was asked was "Do you even want it anymore?" Multiple other things were said that were indirectly accusing her of "not playing." Multiple people had been informed that she "threw" the game. And it was said that the people behind it were her coaches and teammates. People from the stands said that it didn't appear that way, and said that the VOLLEYBALL GIRLS were the ones that were starting all the rumors. The setter didn't quit because her "feelings were hurt." I think she could really care less about that. She didn't agree with her coaches, and didn't feel like what had been done was the best decision. If the coaches wanted to punish a player, punish her individually, don't punish the rest of the team, and jeopardize what they have going for them. Comments had been made by other teammates that they "didn't care whether or not Shaina played." Does that sound like a team to you? What would you do if YOUR team "didn't care"? Just because the setter DID care, doesn't mean that she was in the wrong. And as far as "putting their OWN agenda before the team" (i think that's what you were trying to say.. OWN rather than ON) and that you heard she was "elected to work a concession stand rather than attend a practice" The setter had made prior obligations to work at the pee wee football games. She wouldn't be able to make practice because BEFORE SHE KNEW about the practice, she said she would work. She had a RESPONSIBILITY to work and since she would miss practice, she would have makeups. Well since Monday was a "game day" she couldn't do her makeups could she? Therefore, she wouldn't have played. (which goes back to the "new rule" that she was in disagreement with from the beginning) She would have had to sit out on game day, like Shaina did. So based on this and the fact that her coaches did not respect her (or any other player on the team for that matter), and she no longer respected them, she quit. The coaches should have been mature enough to take the blame for the loss, because they made an idiotic decision and they knew it. But rather than do that, as good coaches do, (admit when they're wrong) they tried to blame the loss on the setter. She did not "let her team down." Her teammates and coaches let her down.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder