Jasper Bon Fire Burned by Vandals

JB94

>:( that is very sad. Who ever did this needs to either be hung in town square and have the SRs shoot them with Red Rider BB Guns or.... Coach thought he needed a bit more effort from the kids in the game upcoming with Carthage... Just my thoughts no accusations meant....

also earlier in the year warren burned down Woodvilles.

thats news to me-isn't woodvilles homecoming this week?how many bonfires/homecomings have they had so far this year?

Its true that Woodvilles fire got burned; however, as far as I know theres no proof Warren did it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That is definitely "old school".  It is sad for Jasper but it brings back memories of the old days when groups would camp and protect their old bonfires.  A lot of cool old traditions have died especially since A&M's tragedy 10 years ago.

That was deffinately a cool tradition. I've heard a lot of good school bonfire stories about rivalry schools trying to light each others fires.

When I was a senior, ours was burned but not by Liberty who was usually the culprit in the past, but our own maintenance crew. The director drove by the site and saw a pile of "trash" and told his crew to burn it. We had even scattered it around to try and prevent this from happening. I was the senior in charge of getting people to build, so that day at school people were running up to me telling what was going on. I remember standing at the windows and watching. I was so mad!!!  >:(  >:(  >:(

We had to scramble to find more wood to burn. One of the guys worked at a grocery store so most of the final stack was actually a bunch of boxes... it sucked!

I truly feel for those kids at Jasper who worked hard on their stack.  :(

Guest rykerx144

I do know about the EC HF rivarly.  I went to EC in 91-94 and I remeber every year attempting and most years accomplishing to burn down their bon fire.  I guess we figured we couldnt beat them on the field so we found something we could beat them at, but it never failed they took it out on us on friday night.  It was all in fun and both schools anticipated the bonfire competion more than the football game. I remeber one year they burnt our pile down and we was told by our school administration that it was cancelled and we was not allowed to have a bon fire that year. So we built one even bigger on private property, burnt the letters EC in hamshires field and the whole community showed up, we would not be denied. My point is I think it helps with school spirit as much as pride and should be taken as that and not make such a big about it....

I doubt that Carthage knew about the bonfire or location and had any part in burning it (not that they were accured of it), my guess is that Jasper had some kids and they burnt it down just for the meanest of it. I would bet that there will be talk around Jasper school about who did it..

From the Jasper Newsboy:

The Jasper Police Department, along with the Fire Marshal's Office continued their search on Friday for an arsonist that destroyed the Jasper High School Homecoming Bonfire late Wednesday night.

Jasper Police Detective Chris Ensign has joined Fire Marshal Stephen Williamson, along with School Resource Officer Broderick Chambers, as the three men piece together the clues and follow up on leads.

Meanwhile, East Texas Crimestoppers is now offering a reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the arsonist. Information can be phoned to 409-724-TIPS, or at their website, www.724tips.com, or a person can actually send in a tip via text message to 274637. The message should be prefaced with "tip211", and then the message.

The City of Jasper is also offering a reward based on a city ordinance that offers $200.00 for information in an arson case that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible.

I think its going to be real funny to see what happens if they catch the person or persons,,,,, don't you think ;D

From the Jasper Newsboy:

The Jasper Police Department, along with the Fire Marshal's Office continued their search on Friday for an arsonist that destroyed the Jasper High School Homecoming Bonfire late Wednesday night.

Jasper Police Detective Chris Ensign has joined Fire Marshal Stephen Williamson, along with School Resource Officer Broderick Chambers, as the three men piece together the clues and follow up on leads.

Meanwhile, East Texas Crimestoppers is now offering a reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the arsonist. Information can be phoned to 409-724-TIPS, or at their website, www.724tips.com, or a person can actually send in a tip via text message to 274637. The message should be prefaced with "tip211", and then the message.

The City of Jasper is also offering a reward based on a city ordinance that offers $200.00 for information in an arson case that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible.

I think its going to be real funny to see what happens if they catch the person or persons,,,,, don't you think ;D

oh come on! you can't arson a pile of wood that is being burned anyway

just find out who it was and get em back

its a harmless prank...

every 1 has to sue everyone and be politically correct these days... makes me sick

See what your failing to see, break a window , paint a wall, on school property, its vandalism,  start a fire, on school property is arson.  The point I guess I am making is what was once clean fun back in the day, will get you a felony charge now a days, is it worth it?

yes, i agree

and if you don't get caught it is definately worth it  ;D

disclaimer: (i am not a good role model when it comes to these matters)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder