Affect on Silsbee's Football Team Inlight of Recent Activities

jdawg03

We at SETXsports are done talking about the Sexual Assault Case in Silsbee. We'll keep you up to date on what's going on, however we won't allow anymore posting on the actual case. Any posts that are non sports related will be deleted, and the poster will be issued a warning. After a poster receives his third warning, he or she will be banned from the site..

If there's going to be any posting about the situation its going to be on this thread, and it will be in regards to how the loss of these players, and how the recent actions will affect the Silsbee Football team going forward. You may say, it seems wrong to even talk about football at this point with all that's going on. That's fine and your entitled to your own opinion. Don't post and don't read this thread then.

We are a sports site, not a legal or law site, and we will talk about football.

So with that said, how does the loss of these players affect the Tigers?

I will be the first to say that it is a big loss but not a devastating one. Two starters, one being one of the leading recievers in the district and also the punter, the other their top linebacker, reserve rb, and punt returner. This alone would impact any team let alone what the circumstances that led to these two not playing.

I believe the Tigers will overcome this, but it is obvious it weakens the team.

Guest WeedBegone

Thanks to the board for returning to the subject of sports and high-school sports.  I believe negative PR does have potential to impact the game.  I wish the Tigers a quick recovery from the distraction and let them get back to the home coming festivities.  It will be a close game.  There will be lots of GOOD kids on the both sides of the field.  Let us wish them well. 

Thank You for  ending the discussion of the football players incident because we were distracted by it from football.  But the football team will still win out the rest of their district games this year but won't be as good as they were this year just be a lil down that's it.

Good call as well. I thought it should have never been here in the first place.  Was a bad call in the beginning putting it on here.

All us moderators should be taken to woodshed, our boss had to come in and do our job today.

I was never for having a thread up for people to post on. I knew it would go south. I was against it from the beginning and spoke my peace about it. It went on deaf ears up until now.

Guest dailynews

B-C played Silsbee pretty close last week with all the players. Silsbee better watch out for HJ and HF. Silsbee could possibly be staying home this year.

I will be the first to say that it is a big loss but not a devastating one. Two starters, one being one of the leading recievers in the district and also the punter, the other their top linebacker, reserve rb, and punt returner. This alone would impact any team let alone what the circumstances that led to these two not playing.

I believe the Tigers will overcome this, but it is obvious it weakens the team.

I do not agree with you on some of this, the Tigers have several very good recievers, and linebackers so they will be just fine in those positions, also they have several players that can return punts. I am not sure who the new punter will be.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder