funny comments you can yell at the zebras

Guest Wildcat 08

Yes, I do know old country Hicks. Now if you want somebody that can sit in the stands and tell you what those refs are doing wrong on the field, he is your guy. A stickler for rules all the way down to the whole crew were not wearing the same socks. I saw him jump a crew one night because 2 of the guys socks did not match the rest of the crew. But I would not trade him for the world. He was not asked to be a big 12/ nfl recruiter of refs for not being knowledgable of the game.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if a ref wanted to they could call a holding call on nearly every play cause someone is getting held or should i say 99.9% of the time there holding?

I've heard NFL game commentators say the same thing. If the hold is on the outside it is usually called. A hold in the middle of the line is not as easily seen and they can usually get away with it. At least that is the way I have heard it explained before.

Ref, feel free to correct me.  ;D

Big Bob must be from an area that has a losing team. Probably the Refs fault.

Now Thats Funny Right There I don't Care Who You Are!

No the team that I support is 6-0

I once heard a ref say "If I called holding every time I saw it, that team wouldn't be 6-0!"  ;D

Your right holding is a problem and could be called on just about every play and the game could last all night long! When the flags fly on a football field it is because the penalty either had a direct effect on the play or it is called because of a player trying to intentionally hurt another player. If the ball is being run to the right, take a sweep play for instance, and there is holding on the left side of the line, and the runner has already turned the corner, the ref will normally not throw a flag due to the fact that it had no bearing on the play and that big lineman is probably going to get about 15 yards down the field by the time the running back turns on the jets and crosses the goal line. If you ever see a ref talking to the players down on the field, you can bet thatthe ref is telling that player " hey, I saw what you did on that last play, it better not happen again or it could cost your team some yardage." This normally works and the game does not have to be delayed.

But I agree with Big Bob this thread is for the funniest thing you have ever heard yelled at the ref.

The best one I have heard while I was on the field. I was calling the OF vs. HJ JV game last year. Now remember I have kids that go to HJ. I was working the OF sideline and I heard some one in the stands on the home side call me by my first and last name and tell me if I could not do any better than that, then I just needed to go home.

Also, Big Bob congradulations on that 6-0!

99.9% , now thats a joke right there. sorry but ol nfl hock doesnt score 99.9%. maybe them monday

evening meetins is just a cry session. maybe thats where the call money is split up ;D ;D ;D

dont throw that flag until u know that the team is scoring a touch down or a crucial first down. :o :o

funny quote: hey ref your check is ready on the opponents sideline, see head coach ;D ;D ;D

hey ref, see you are dressed in prison uniform, cause u just raped us, nice stripes :'( :'( :'( :'(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder