Silsbee-Bridge City broadcast LIVE, here tonight!!!/TIGERS WIN!!!

Post updates here..Click link to listen at 7:05

This is the hidden content, please

You can catch all the action of tonight's 21-3A match up between the Silsbee Tigers and the Bridge City Cardinals at Larry B. Ward Stadium right here tonight, LIVE!! Both teams come in with 0-1 district records and will need to get that first district win under their belts to stay in the playoff hunt. Silsbee is coming off a heartbreaker of a loss to WOS, 14-7 in OT, while the Cards took it on the chin over in Sour Lake as Hardin-Jefferson defeated BC, 41-14.

You can listen to the action from the voices of Silsbee Tiger football, play-by-play announcer Mike Sanchez(AggiesAreWe) and color commentator Wayne Brasher(tigersvoice). Pre game will be at 7:05 with kickoff to start at 7:30.

C'mon out to Bridge City tonight and support local high school football. If you can't, then check it out here, tonight LIVE, at Setxsports.com!!!

Nice listening to the broadcast since I couldn't go to the game.  But, can't we hear some BC songs in stead of Eye of the Tiger and war hymn, over and over.. Now for the third time!  GO BIG RED!

We are a Silsbee broadcast team, therefore why we are playing those songs. Sorry

First half dooms BC; Silsbee victorious, 21-0

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

BRIDGE CITY — Last year's Bridge City Cardinals lost to the Silsbee Tigers 48-7.

While the 2008 edition lost Friday night at Larry B. Ward Stadium to the Tigers, improvements have been made.

The Tigers, fresh off a devastating loss to the West Orange-Stark Mustangs, came away with a 21-0 victory to improve to 2-4 on the season and 1-1 in District 21-3A play.

The Cardinals are now 2-3 overall and 0-2 in the district race.

Bridge City, who crowned senior Mallory Guidry as queen of homecoming, showed its biggest improvement from the first and second halves on Friday night.

Silsbee led 21-0 at the break with 197 yards of total offense, 132 coming in the air.

Credit Silsbee's defense though for keeping the Cardinals out of the endzone while also forcing Bridge City into timely mistakes on offense.

"Defensively I cannot fault our kids effort tonight," Bridge City Coach Cris Stump said. "We played hard all night but just kept shooting ourselves in the foot on offense. It seems we would drive and pick up two or three first downs and then have a few bad plays in a row. You get off track and it is tough to come back from that."

After only having 56 yards of offense in the first half, the Cardinals put up 123 in the second half only to not find a way to score.

The Cardinals first possession of the second half ended with an interception after the Cardinals forced a Silsbee punt and drove down to the Tigers' 36-yard line.

After another Tigers' punt the Cardinals set up on their own 34 and then marched 10 plays.

The drive would eventually stall on a turnover on downs.

"To be a consistent team you just have to keep working at it," Stump said. "We are still a work in progress and we are still learning. We played a full game from end to end tonight. We should have been able to put one in the endzone."

Bridge City freshman running back Matt Menard continues to shine on Friday nights as the starting tailback carried the ball 12 times for 63 yards.

Junior quarterback Josh Lemoine was 9-for-21 passing with two interceptions for 76 yards. Jerry Landry had two receptions for 33 yards while Menard hauled in three catches for 18 yards.

Silsbee running back had 84 yards on 10 totes. Silsbee quarterback Jeremy Johnson was a crisp 11-for-18 passing with two touchdowns and one interception for 174 yards.

Jared Raggio picked off Johnson late in the fourth period.

A lack of tackling was the problem for the Cardinals in the first half as the Tigers chewed up 197 yards of total offense and held a 21-0 lead.

The low point for Bridge City was a 29-yard touchdown catch by Chris Rountree from Johnson.

Rountree was bottled up on a 4th-and-11 and seemed shy of the first down.

Four Bridge City defenders could not bring Rountree down as the senior spun out of the tackles and ran it in for the Tigers' final touchdown of the first half.

Rountree, who had two catches for 74 yards in the first half, also had a 45-yard touchdown reception as time expired in the first quarter.

The pass from Johnson was basically a Hail Mary in which Rountree came up with the ball and broke free and ran in from about 17 yards out.

Chris Barnes scored the Tigers first touchdown of the game from 7-yards out after Silsbee went 59 yards on seven plays on Silsbee's first drive of the night.

"It's like I told you earlier this week, we are a better football team this year," Stump said. "We just have to learn to get over that hump. Here soon we will start to learn to make the plays to win some football games. We played a lot better than we did last week."

Silsbee 21

Bridge City 0

Sils 14 7 0 0 — 0

BC0 0 0 0 — 0

Scoring summary

SILSBEE — Chris Barnes 7 run. Matthew Deaver kick.

SILSBEE — Chris Rountree 45 pass from Jeremy Johnson. Deaver kick.

SILSBEE — Rountree 29 pass from Johnson. Deaver kick.

———

Sils BC

First downs 12 10

Rushes-yards 30-101 29-103

Passing 174 76

Comp-Att-Int 11-18-1 9-21-2

Fumbles-Lost 2-0 2-1

Penalties-Yards 10-80 4-20

———

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING—Bridge City, Matt Menard 12-63, Josh Lemoine 14-19, Cameron Dishon 1-13, Luke Rhodes 2-8. Silsbee, Chris Barnes 10-83, Chris Castle 1-8, Jeremy Johnson 1-6, Rakheem Bolton 1-3, Josh James 2-0.

PASSING— Bridge City, Lemoine 8-20-2 69, Dustin Breaux 1-1-0 7. Silsbee, Johnson 11-18-1 174.

RECEIVING—Bridge City, Menard 3-18, Jerry Landry 2-33, Breaux 1-10, Cory Moseley 1-7, Dishon 1-5, Rhodes 1-3. Silsbee, Chris Rountree 2-74, Chris Castle 2-30, Shannon Robinson 2-25, Prentice Lane 2-25, Jarrian Rhone 1-20, Barnes 1-3, Chase Kelly 1(-3).

Guest tigersvoice

The only thing that stopped Silsbee in the second half was the refs, and the so called penalties.

Now, Bigfan, I know what you're feeling - but we inflicted super damage upon ourselves in the second half.  The bad snaps were a factor and give BC their due, they played better defense in the second half.

The only thing that stopped Silsbee in the second half was the refs, and the so called penalties.

lol?

i think i counted like 7 stops in a row?

all of these were due to penatlies and the refs?

no thanks, i dont beleive it.

give credit where credit is due,

BCs defense shut you guys out in the 2nd half,

Guest tigersvoice

lol?

No, this isn't accurate either.  Cardinal defense did play better in the second half.  They were not the cause of the errant snaps and untimely penalties, however.  A combination of things, then, was Silsbee's problem in the second half.  Seems to me besides 1) better defense by Bridge City, 2) too much self inflicted destruction by Silsbee, and 3) Silsbee as a team seemed to say, "What the heck."We've got 21, they have nothing - so what's the problem?"  Very dangerous attitude as far as my opinion goes.  A case of quitting in reverse. 

lol?

No, this isn't accurate either.  Cardinal defense did play better in the second half.  They were not the cause of the errant snaps and untimely penalties, however.  A combination of things, then, was Silsbee's problem in the second half.  Seems to me besides 1) better defense by Bridge City, 2) too much self inflicted destruction by Silsbee, and 3) Silsbee as a team seemed to say, "What the heck."We've got 21, they have nothing - so what's the problem?"  Very dangerous attitude as far as my opinion goes.  A case of quitting in reverse. 

the only thing BC couldn't get going is their Offense...

they kept shooting theirselves in the foot.

just didn't happen just the 1st or 2nd half, it was the whole game...

it's football. dont use that as an excuse.

good game.

and good luck to the rest of the season.

Go BC!

Guest tigersvoice

lol?

the only thing BC couldn't get going is their Offense...

they kept shooting theirselves in the foot.

just didn't happen just the 1st or 2nd half, it was the whole game...

it's football. dont use that as an excuse.

good game.

and good luck to the rest of the season.

Go BC!

Agreed, but I don't understand,"It's football, don't use that as an excuse."  Is that for me or for your comments?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder