Texas will be a force for a while!

Besides the talent that is already on the 40 acres, Texas will have 5 star SG and No. 2 SG in the nation Avery Bradley, 5 star forward/guard Jordan Hamilton along with 4 star forward Shawn Williams from Duncanville coming next year for the '09 class.  Texas still on the radar for 5 star and No. 2 PG Kenny Boynton from Florida.  This Longhorn class will rank in the top 3..........

Also top 2010 prospect Tristan Thompson has already committed and hasn't started his junior year yet..........Rick Barnes should be eyeing a national title in the coming years.

National Title?  I am a true Lonhorn fan but talking NC before those kids play a second of college ball is insane...  I guarentee That Hamilton may only play one or two seasons with the longhorns...  The fact that Barnes has laid an egg for two consecutive classes will really hurt him in the long run... They will be good though!  Next year it will probably be the Balbay, Mason, Hamilton, Pitman, and Gary Johnson show so that team will be real good if Hamilton can pick up the scoring load.  But if he is too good he may be gone after a year.  Balbay, Wangmene, and Gary Johnson will be seniors in two years with Hamilton (or Williams if he leaves)  and Bradely starting!  Tristin and Williams off the bench... Will be a strong team but they will be short in the middle.  Th X-factors will be Varez Ward, Clint Chatman, and Matt Hill and how they fit and develop over the next couple of years... Also, If J. Brown winds up there... And do we really trust Balbay at the point next year...  I think Mason will run the point this year.

If North Carolina wasn't there this year it would be the best year to make it.  I think Barnes goes half court this year with Mason at the point, AJ, Pittman, Atchley, and James (if he can play the three)....  That is very strong!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After seeing the Longhorns line-up for the first two games I have two worrys.  Guard depth, if you include James they have a four gaurd rotation, with Mason, Balbay, and Abrams.  Either Harrison Smith or Varez Ward needs to step up and give us that one other guard off the bench!  I also wory aabout averaging 16 TO in the first two gaems against scrubs... The Post game will be too strong for most opponents we play!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi