Lumberton prayer

Just curious.  At the and of Last Saturdays game vs Vidor I noticed the two teams prayed together.  I thought this was very classy of the two coaches and teams.    Have we always done this and I just have not noticed?

Actually, this is something that Coach Mathews and Vidor does. They did it with Central last Tuesday night and invited Lumberton to join them in prayer Saturday night. Coach Mathews is a strong Christian man and it's a testament to his beliefs. You'll see Vidor continue doing this all season. I think it's great.

It happened at a Nederland @ Vidor game a couple yars ago too. I thought it was great. Also, at a Nederland home game several years ago, when they asked for a moment of silence, someone said "Our Father, Who Art in Heaven"...and everyone joined in. It hasn't happened since then though. I guess everyone is afraid of the Nederland and Port Arthur police arresting 5,000+ people all at once.  Not enough paddy wagons so they would have to string us together in a long line and walk us to the station about 2 blocks away. Can you imagine that? ;D

Way to go Vidor and coach Matthews

It happened at a Nederland @ Vidor game a couple yars ago too. I thought it was great. Also, at a Nederland home game several years ago, when they asked for a moment of silence, someone said "Our Father, Who Art in Heaven"...and everyone joined in. It hasn't happened since then though. I guess everyone is afraid of the Nederland and Port Arthur police arresting 5,000+ people all at once.  Not enough paddy wagons so they would have to string us together in a long line and walk us to the station about 2 blocks away. Can you imagine that? ;D

Not trying to start a "Church and State" discussion but, if you're going to get in trouble, praying to God is a worth while reason to get in trouble.  JUST MY OPINION...

Not trying to start a "Church and State" discussion but, if you're going to get in trouble, praying to God is a worth while reason to get in trouble.  JUST MY OPINION...

I couldn't agree with you more BigMO!

Not trying to start a "Church and State" discussion but, if you're going to get in trouble, praying to God is a worth while reason to get in trouble.  JUST MY OPINION...Right on!

Wow, that's probably one of the best posts I've ever seen on this forum... I couldn't agree more...

I would +1 you if I could MO.  Agree Totally.

Guest LR1969

aries456...I experienced the same thing at Vidor several years ago while covering the Vidor/Silsbee game. It was great...It was just after the court decision that basically demanded Santa Fe HS to stop having an invocation before the game. This, of course, effected every school in Texas and the following week (at Vidor), the announcer said "We are no longer allowed to say a prayer so we will have a moment of silence instead". At that moment, people began reciting the Lord's Prayer until most of the stadium (even those who had no clue what they were mumbling) had joined in. It was an awesome experience and one I won't soon forget.

we always invite them, but never force them to join us

we always pray after games

and yes, good luck arresting everyone for praying

honestly i would think it quite comical to get arrested for praying

we have prayers at all our pep rallies, no one stops that either

heck, you don't have to join in if you don't want to

but you shouldn't be penalised for praying either...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83