Nederland Crushes PNG 41-21

Guest PNGGRAD1985

I think the reference here, is to PLAYOFF attendance, not Mid County Madness.  If I remember correctly, last year, when PNG won MCM, I didn't see that many Ned fans left in the 3rd quarter as well.  It doesn't matter, "true" fans will stay to the bitter end, whether you are winning or losing. ;D

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do these type of threads always go back to what happened in years past.  We won Saturday...plain and simple...just like PNG won last year..plain and simple...

Who cares what has happened 5-10-15-20 years ago...That is history.  Why coninue to use past championships, playoff appearances, attendance records etc. as comebacks  to who won the current game.  And I'm referring to BOTH sides with this comment.

All I know is, regardless of of which team made it to how many playoffspots or which team has bettter fan support, or who has higher attendance...

.....is that MCM is the best dang HS football game there is.

Why do these type of threads always go back to what happened in years past.  We won Saturday...plain and simple...just like PNG won last year..plain and simple...

Who cares what has happened 5-10-15-20 years ago...That is history.  Why coninue to use past championships, playoff appearances, attendance records etc. as comebacks  to who won the current game.  And I'm referring to BOTH sides with this comment.

All I know is, regardless of of which team made it to how many playoffspots or which team has bettter fan support, or who has higher attendance...

Well said Yankee!  Good luck the rest of the season.

That was beautiful  :'(

Nobody is gonna give in, Soulja and that is what makes this rivalry so great!  For this year anyway, Nederland has braggin rights for now...next year, we'll see...this game was great, but it is over and both teams need to focus on the remainder of the season...the goal now is to get into the playoffs and hang around for as long as possible.

Even though I graduated from PNG, I have lived in Nederland for the last 20 years. My wife graduated from Nederland and my kids go to Nederland schools. So to make a long story short, I am a huge Bulldog fan. I can not express how excited I am that Nederland kicked PNG's butt last night. It seems everytime PNG beats Ned the PNG fans like to rub it in the bulldog faces. I am usually not like that. When PNG won last year they were even at the Ned vs PNG basketball game flashing the football score and rubbing it in.  Well I guarentee you I will rub it in their faces this year every chance I get. Hahahahahhahaahaha, Ned. kicked your sorry Indian butt all over the field. Big Ned just pooped all over your Purple Pride!

Oooops....I must be in the wrong place.  I came to read this thread thinking what did I miss, because IMHO 41-21 is not a crushing or a  butt-kicking. It was a victory by a team who may have been better prepared, better coached at this particular point in time or maybe just more innovative in its overall game plan on this Saturday night.  I now realize that I must have mistakenly entered the Romper Room thread where an "adult" gets his kicks out of rubbing it in someone's  face and "poops" over another team's pride.  I should have majored in child psychology...then I would be able to understand the rationale of this post.  I wonder what his post would have stated had the Indians won this game??  Maybe something like  "I'm moving back to Port Neches because the Bulldogs are sorry sorry excuses for a football team " ?? Geeeeeesh.

Guest KHS 89

Sorry, Ned fans, you will NEVER have the attendance at playoff games like PNG.  It seems to me that Nederland fans continue to get upset because their fan following is not as great as that of PNG. Maybe, one day, you will!

Please.  I guess all of those 39000 fans at that playoff game were from png.  The other team brought 0 fans and no one else went to the game.  LOL.  I saw all of those "loyal" fans leaving midway through the fourth quarter Saturday.  What happened to "always be faithful"?

Oh come on, I don't think anyone from PN-G ever boasted that all 39000 were from PN-G.  Your reaching...

But ..... at least PN-G fans were "part of something" rather than part of nothing.  

I can answer these questions you have about Nederland.

A. They have not won an outright district CHAMPIONship since 1965

B.  PNG won district CHAMPIONships in 1992, 1996, tied in 1999, and won again in 2003, and tied     again in 2004.

C.  Overall PNG has doubled Nederland in all big time playoff games, with PNG having 8 semi finals appearances to Ned's 4, PNG having 6 final appearances to Neds 3, and PNG having 3 State Chamionships to Neds 1.

PS......PNG did it all in front of this

Attendance for these 10 games are among the highest on record in state history:

Attendance Game Site Year

49,953 Plano vs. Port Neches-Groves Texas Stadium 1977*

46,339 Southlake Carroll vs. Euless Trinity Texas Stadium 2006

45,790 Highland Park vs. Waco Cotton Bowl 1945*

45,000 Houston Washington vs. Galveston Rice Stadium 1968

45,000 Dallas Adams vs. Richardson Cotton Bowl 1967

39,102 Garland vs. Katy Astrodome 1999*

39,102 Stephenville vs. Port Neches-Groves Astrodome 1999*

38,570 Port Neches-Groves vs. Houston Kashmere Astrodome 1977

38,374 Plano vs. Highland Park Texas Stadium 1980

38,000 Odessa vs. San Antonio Jefferson Memorial Stadium (Austin) 1946

36,000 Fort Bend Willowridge vs. Houston Yates Rice Stadium 1988

WOW ??? ??? ???

Thats a shocker, Ned is not on this list either, meaning......you were behind in that too.

Sorry   :-[

Crush That

WOW!!!!  Makes me very proud to be an Indian!!!  GREAT POST!!!!!

maybe that is PNG's problem since the start of the 21st century, looking in the past too much. 

Ok, you kid, but I ain't kiddin bout the next five years.  Should be fun to watch.

PN-G is always up for the challenge. When it's the Bulldogs VS the Indians, it's anyones game to win  (or lose).

Best of luck to your Bulldogs.  Hope to see us both advance far in the playoffs!!

Nederland C O Wilson A Team 46, Groves MS A Team Braves 0

Nederland C O Wilson B Team 16, Groves MS Braves B Team 0

Go Bullpups Go

B.  PNG won district CHAMPIONships in 1992, 1996, tied in 1999, and won again in 2003, and tied     again in 2004.

C.  Overall PNG has doubled Nederland in all big time playoff games, with PNG having 8 semi finals appearances to Ned's 4, PNG having 6 final appearances to Neds 3, and PNG having 3 State Chamionships to Neds 1.

WOW ??? ??? ???

Thats a shocker, Ned is not on this list either, meaning......you were behind in that too.

Crush That

It's been 31 years since PN&G has won a State Championship! Crush that!

The main thing that kills me about the PNG fans and this game, is the ones who say that if PNG had stuck with the running game, and the refs hadn't shafted them, they graciously add 14 points to their score. Not enough to win, but 14 points anyway. Well, the deal is, why can't we give ourselves a couple wide open overthrows? There's 14 points easy. This game was close only when it was 10-7. The Bulldogs pulled away and never looked back and never gave up.

I really don't care about your past history or our 63-0 loss to Dayton. You are just trying to take the sting out of this loss with posts like that.

WOW ??? ??? ???

Crush That

That's a lot better than a half century!

WOW ??? ??? ???

Crush That

That's a lot better than a half century!

Wow, you still lost this game.

Ok, you kid, but I ain't kiddin bout the next five years.  Should be fun to watch.

PN-G is always up for the challenge. When it's the Bulldogs VS the Indians, it's anyones game to win  (or lose).

Best of luck to your Bulldogs.  Hope to see us both advance far in the playoffs!!

Nederland C O Wilson A Team 46, Groves MS A Team Braves 0

Nederland C O Wilson B Team 16, Groves MS Braves B Team 0

Go Bullpups Go

Have ya'll played PNMS yet? :)

WOW ??? ??? ???

Crush That

And the last time for Nederland??

WOW ??? ??? ???

Crush That

Do posts like this erase the fact that Nederland overwhelmingly won MCM this year?

Guest KHS 89

WOW ??? ??? ???

Crush That

Do posts like this erase the fact that Nederland overwhelmingly won MCM this year?

NO, but it speaks volumes to those that insinuate that PN-G is not relevant in today’s competitive district or that their fans only support winning teams.  Does it give a glimpse as to who has had a better team throughout history? I dunno... maybe, but it certainly does highlight the fact that Port Neches (and yes even Matt Burnett) has put together a number of winning teams that residents can be damn proud of.........

This year, the Bulldogs had a convincing win, but trust me... we will bounce back this year and don't doubt for a minute that PN-G will be prepared for next years rematch!. 

Guest Brubaker

KHS, I know it feels good to talk about next year given what has happend in this rivalry over the past decade, but the next several years probably won't be much better for you.  Nederland has the goods coming up and unless theres a dramatic shift in the coaching balance, it will be another tough run to swallow for those on the east side of the track, just gonna have to learn to get used to it for awhile. 

WOW ??? ??? ???

Crush That

You brought the attendance 40% of those fans were from Nederland. Out talent really is not different, If Nederland had the coaching PNG did during those years with the exception 1999 we would have been there. Since Nuemann era, Nederland plays above the talent level. Thats why our record over the past 12 years is better than PNG. And that is a fact we shared district titles not out right won them but I know every year Nederland  coaches will have team ready to compete.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont

• Where were the 8 Omaha teams in D1's preseason top 25 poll... 2. Florida 8. A&M 9. Tennessee 13. N.C.State 14. Virginia 15. North Carolina Kentucky - unranked Florida State - unranked
    • That TDS is really flaring. Now do Biden. You have way, way, way more material. And keep that bitter "you are better than me" jealousy tone you have with Trump. You know Biden, the one you want everyone to vote for instead of Trump. Somehow you didn't acknowledge my pleas for you to die a painful death. I was quite certain that is how you would have interpreted my previous post. I guess when your focus is Trump 24/7, nothing else matters.
    • I have a better one. The point that nobody wants to acknowledge is that Dems are crossing over to vote Trump in the primaries and in the general so he will win the presidency. That way Trump will get the blame when the Dems implement their sinister plan to deport all of the minorities in the country. They have already laid the groundwork...convincing everyone that Trump and Republicans are racist (without providing any proof). Then it will be just a matter of time to execute their White supremacy plan of the great purge of the dirty, unwashed, heathen, non-Whites that roam freely in this country. I think my theory is more viable than your theory. Maybe we can get some other ridiculous scenarios so we can start a poll.
    • But that’s what Trump’s fanboys don’t understand.  When he talked about sexually assaulting women, y’all laughed it off as “locker room talk.”  When it was proven that he raped E. Jean Carroll, you cried that it was all an injustice… a lie. Even though he’d already confessed to doing the same thing to other women.  John McCain has suffered and sacrificed more for his country than practically anybody, except possible gold star families… and Trump called him a loser or something to that effect. “Oh, it was a joke that no one was supposed to take seriously.” But when Trump, after disrespecting the sacrifices of one of our most valiant, y’all are like “just because Trump didn’t go to Omaha Beach doesn’t mean he isn’t pro military!” Really? All you have to do is listen to what he said about McCain’s service. Not McCain as an opponent, not McCain’s political views… about the fact that the man was tortured, probably raped, and who knows what all else for over five years for swearing an oath and putting on the uniform.  But all of y’all supposedly “pro military” people just laughed along with Trump. “Good one, Sir! Maverick my new-hind! Filthy Rino!”  I don’t understand how the same people (y’all) who probably always say “thank you for your service” to any veteran still support a guy who craps on the ones who suffered the most on our behalf.  It’s baffling. 
    • Wow. Do you actually believe your little scenario has any chance of alleviating you of your moral immaturity? Deflection at it's best...or worse. You seem to be a sad case. If you died today, I would be remiss if not attributing your cause of death to severe TDS, and of course, Covid. Look at that. I just made a joke about your death. You did not get offended. Nobody was offended. Not one person will accuse me of being hateful towards fellow human beings. But yet, you hate Trump because he made a similar crude comment about McCain. You tried to attribute that comment as evidence Trump hates the military. What grade level of schoolchildren do you think is laughing at you for that "less that adolescent" (hint, hint) comment. You used one crude comment in an attempt to justify your TDS. Now, when called on it, you try to deflect the whole topic. You are certainly not having any fun with this, but you sure are providing entertainment for the board. It's a shame you can't join in on the fun. I think even Big Girl might be to the point of giggling at the shamelessness you are exhibiting.
  • Topics