Jasper vs Diboll

I was thinking the same thing when I posted this, it is going to be a good game, Diboll has been clicking and Jasper need to come out red hot. We chased Jeremy Johnson all night in Silsbee, now we got to chase another quarterback in Diboll, but the only difference is that Diboll receivers will catch the ball, we got to be ready. Lets go Dawgs

I would say jasper by 14.  The dogs are clicking on all cylinders now.  Long as they keep that double back set with Ellis and Armstrong they will be untouchable and should sell through the district.  Defense looked real good compared to weeks in the past.  Good luck Dogs !!!

Jasper by 7, maybe we can stay in the two back set, so bailey can get his numbers, along with Ellis and Armstrong. Hopefully the offensive coordinator has figured it out that you have to let Spikes touch the ball at least 6 times a game, he is averaging 25 yards a catch on 3 passes a game, lets mix this explosive offense up and let everyone get involved.  The defense has been looking better the last two weeks, lets keep the high speed pace up on the quarterbacks.

If Diboll continues improving, and play with intensity shown in the game against Nacogdoches, they will be tough to beat.  Even as a Diboll fan, I went into the Nac game thinking we had a very slim chance of beating a Nac team that had beaten 18-3a District favorites Jasper & Carthage.  I knew Diboll would be greatly outsized by the 4a team, and during the pre game warm ups, that size difference was very noticeable as was the depth of the Nac team.  But just goes to show you that size doesn't make too much of difference if you have a team with speed along with well coached players, that go into a game with a good game plan, and not only having that plan, but executing it.  Diboll didn't suffer from the many penalties of previous games, and had only one turnover.  Nac had 2 turnovers, one that came on the last play of the game which resulted in a int. return for a Diboll TD.

Diboll still has a good Jasper team coming to town, that only lost to Nac by 7 points, 14-21.  Here are the common oppenents of both teams.

Jasper Kville - Loss 43-44

Diboll Kville  - Loss 28-36

Jasper Silsbee - Win 14-0

Diboll Silsbee - Win 27-24

Jasper Nac - loss 14-21

Diboll Nac  - Win  30-14

Now I know it doesn't matter much  which teams these 2 have played; much more with how they matchup.  But it does show that Jasper has lost 2 of those contests by slim margins.  Both teams have great qbs, that are very mobile and make something happen when out of the pocket.  The team that can limit their errors, penalties, TO's will have best chance.  Diboll definitley has to work on their Kickoff coverage, as they have allowed 2 TD's in the last 2 games.  

I give the edge to Diboll, and reason being is kicking game, specifically FG kicker.  Diboll kicker has proven he can make those FG's. Against Silsbee, he made a 40 yarder and 44 yarder with ease along with other FG's in other games.  Jasper hasn't had much of kicking game in previous years, but maybe they've found one.  Fill me in Jasper Fans.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder