*Kountze vs. Buna Updates/Buna Wins/Comments*

Great ballgame to watch, Kountze gave Buna all it wanted and more.  Buna ran the ball well, completed a couple of good passes.  Got help from a Kountze pass interference call.  Kountze ran the ball much better in the second half, if they could have ran that well all night, it might have been a different outcome. but the Buna defense really shut the ground game down in the first half and played an outstanding game all night.  Baker ran the ball hard for Buna, really ate up some ground late in the second half, sure he will feel all those hits tomorrow morning.  Sorry I do n ot know the names, but #22 and #31 ran well for Kountze.  Great job by both teams.  Once again, a great game to watch from both sides.  Final: BUNA 19- KOUNTZE 9.

I went to watch this one in Buna tonight.  Thought this would be a good one, and it was.  Buna's O-line and D-line were awesome!  However, the officiating was pathetic.  Kountze was called for two pass interference calls, that should have never been called.  And after watching Sports extra tonight, the Kountze running back was not out of bounds on the pass play before halftime.  If I was coaching I would not want any of these refs calling any of my games.  I know that refs are not perfect, but it seemed like they had trouble all night on spotting the ball.  Again, just terrible officiating!  Final note: Both teams did a good job of not turning over the ball, except for Kountze's turn over at the end of the game.  Buna's kicker and punter did an excellent job!  Its' my opinion that if the officiating would have been better, that this game would have been a nail biter until the end.  And that Kountze probably would have pulled this one off.    

I agree with you (atm_1989), I just finished watching the Tailgate Party (DVR'd it).  The Kountze runner was not out of bounds.  One pass interference, questionable, the other not so much.  The refs did play a big part in this game.  Still, both teams played a hard fought game.  There were only just a few big plays.  Most of the yards rushed for tonight, were hard yards.  Lots of great hits.  Both of these teams will do well during the rest of district season.

Buna played well tonight. They overcame the injury to their senior running back and stepped it up and beat the district favorite. Refs weren't that great at all. If Craft would've played. I think this one would not even been close. But that's part of football. We can say if all day. But in the end Buna was too much for the Lions. Period. Congrats to Buna. 4-0.

I sure would like to see Buna open up the passing game a bit more.  Clark to Gilkerson or Clark to Baxter could be a deadly combo.  We all know from baseball (mid 80's fastball) that he has the arm and those guys have the hands.  Especially with Craft out for awhile, although Clark, Baker, Shepherd and a few others ran the ball well tonight.

I refuse to be like EC was with Buna last year.  There were 2 bad calls against Kountze but we did have some too but the ones against Kountze were pretty much "what were you thining ref" .   If Kountze had gotten the touchdown and went for 2 the score would have been 19 - 14 Buna would still have won.  Both teams played hard and in between the refs calls this was a good game.  Back and forth as I thought it would be.  Don't look at Kountze's size, those boys can play ball.

To my Buna Cougars, WAY TO GO!  I  AM VERY PROUD OF YOU!

Trey, you played a heck of a game and Kept you head in the game!  I kinda liked your number too!

Congrats Buna on the win, yall have a heck of a d-line and o-line.... But the refs were horrible!!! Im not blaming the loss on them, but That played a major role in this game.... We will just have to pick up our heads and get ready for the Pirates friday night. And there was more than two bad calls. And how do you know Buna still wouldve won 19-14??

went to watch this game for several reasons; friends,both sides of game,and since lhs was not playing

to enjoy the struggle between two teams that are playing well this year. buna played well & seemed to

have a slight edge over them lions, but to see another atrocious officiated game by some of the same

refs that ive seen in the past, make some of the same  ill fated calls just makes me wonder how these

same 3 or 4 officials  are able to get any jobs,games ,ect.  it seemed to me that whenever a kountze

play that would result in a score,game changing play or a play that would jepordy or put buna in a bad

situation , a late flag would fly through the air, a bad spot of the ball wich would turn the ball over, or

as the highlights showed on ch. 6 showed a kountze td, but official said lions 22 stepped out of bounds, wich replay refuted this call,not even close, refs i say let the kids settle the game on the field, & you refs

keep your personel opions, feelings, ect out of the equation, & if my observation is wrong ,so be it,i had

no vested intrest either way,friends on both sides, but i saw same refs make same poor, faulty, obvious,

wrong calls. you guys ( refs ) belong in the peewee league. its just hard to enjoy a game when one team

seams to fight both the opponent & refs >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

went to watch this game for several reasons; friends,both sides of game,and since lhs was not playing

to enjoy the struggle between two teams that are playing well this year. buna played well & seemed to

have a slight edge over them lions, but to see another atrocious officiated game by some of the same

refs that ive seen in the past, make some of the same  ill fated calls just makes me wonder how these

same 3 or 4 officials  are able to get any jobs,games ,ect.  it seemed to me that whenever a kountze

play that would result in a score,game changing play or a play that would jepordy or put buna in a bad

situation , a late flag would fly through the air, a bad spot of the ball wich would turn the ball over, or

as the highlights showed on ch. 6 showed a kountze td, but official said lions 22 stepped out of bounds, wich replay refuted this call,not even close, refs i say let the kids settle the game on the field, & you refs

keep your personel opions, feelings, ect out of the equation, & if my observation is wrong ,so be it,i had

no vested intrest either way,friends on both sides, but i saw same refs make same poor, faulty, obvious,

wrong calls. you guys ( refs ) belong in the peewee league. its just hard to enjoy a game when one team

seams to fight both the opponent & refs >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Buna probably paid off the refs. ;D :o:P

Kountze got a field goal after the bad call.  If they have been given the 6 pts for a touchdown and went for 2 and made it that would be 8 pts.  Add that to the 6 pts that would have been 14.   You can only wonder what would have been if the bad calls were not called.  We also had a few bad calls, not as bad as yours I agree but it is up for grabs if either team would have scored on those.  Both teams played hard and never gave up.  

I was at the game and I do have a side that I favor, but the refs were awful, but that is football and something both sides had to over come. I was impressed with Kountze's sophmore kicker hitting a 33 yard field goal with three seconds left in the first have to give Kountze somehing going into half time.

I was on the Buna sideline, first half. Here are my top observations:

1. During Kountze school song, the head official was humming the tune - whether he was a KHS guy or his former high school had the same tune or he just liked the melody, he wasn't running a crew of HOMERS...The officials did not cheat.

2. Buna's defensive line was out of control. The linebackers were getting some great licks on Kountze running backs because the line plugged every gap and broke through on every sweep play (in the first half, disregard comments on Lions first drive of second half)

3. On the officiating, spotting the ball....probably the easiest thing to do, would take a minute after some of the penalties. Some of the penalities were thrown out of position. I believe the explanation on the pass interference in the end zone was "you ran into his inside shoulder and turned him" - last time I checked both players have the right to the ball. and then the call out of bounds on the 11 yard-line. I don't see how you can make that call from 30 yards back...but that is human error, Kountze had plenty of time and a few plays to punch it in and almost threw a pick...settled for 3

If you were on the Buna sideline, you may have seen me put my TV camera down and throw everything inside my pockets on the ground because I felt like I had to join the "laundry tossing" party at the game. It was really hard to watch. There was no home cooking though, so throw those accusations out the door.

Congrats to the Coogs.

Seems to me the Kountze fans and team have 2 choices!  One, you can continue to blame officials and whine about getting beat by a better Buna team and not win another game, or Two, get ready for next weeks game and try to win out and get in the playoffs!  Support the Lions and cheer them on, quit blaming the officials!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin