*Kountze vs. Buna Updates/Buna Wins/Comments*

right utfan, so if the cornerback had position, why was he flagged? was it contact while the ball was in the air...the official's explanation was, and I just rechecked the audio "you played the player and not the ball"

This is the hidden content, please
(one minute and 20 seconds into the video)

it's over and things can't change, I just hate to see the flow of a game be controlled by officiating.

The above link is not working for me, anybody else having problems with it?  Yes, I noticed your "tossing" actions, I had to explain to a few older gentlemen standing next to me, we were at the fence about 10 yards from you.  Now as far as the pass interference call, and once again, I was no more than 15 yards from the play, it was a very questionable call.  The safetys for Kountze are small, but play big.  I would not have called it personally and I am from Buna.  It was not a blatant interference.  Pass interference in high school football is right there with holding calls.  If it is not blatant, it is rarely called.  I don't know what the penalty totals were, but I would assume that the numbers were pretty even, although most of Buna's penalties, were offsides on defense.  Not a judgement, pretty obvious calls.  Great game by both teams once again.   

I was on the Buna sideline, first half. Here are my top observations:

1. During Kountze school song, the head official was humming the tune - whether he was a KHS guy or his former high school had the same tune or he just liked the melody, he wasn't running a crew of HOMERS...The officials did not cheat.

2. Buna's defensive line was out of control. The linebackers were getting some great licks on Kountze running backs because the line plugged every gap and broke through on every sweep play (in the first half, disregard comments on Lions first drive of second half)

3. On the officiating, spotting the ball....probably the easiest thing to do, would take a minute after some of the penalties. Some of the penalities were thrown out of position. I believe the explanation on the pass interference in the end zone was "you ran into his inside shoulder and turned him" - last time I checked both players have the right to the ball. and then the call out of bounds on the 11 yard-line. I don't see how you can make that call from 30 yards back...but that is human error, Kountze had plenty of time and a few plays to punch it in and almost threw a pick...settled for 3

If you were on the Buna sideline, you may have seen me put my TV camera down and throw everything inside my pockets on the ground because I felt like I had to join the "laundry tossing" party at the game. It was really hard to watch. There was no home cooking though, so throw those accusations out the door.

Congrats to the Coogs.

Everyone in this district is starting to notice that everytime you go to Buna to play any type of game, this is becoming the norm that you'd better be ready to play the team along with extra's called ref's are umpires. I'm not from Kountze but seen the touchdown that was taken away from yhe kids at Kountze, displayed on KFDM sports as they repetively played it and making coments about the bad call. I think that it's time infractions of this nature be handled by the UIL, no matter what school is involved. Bad calls on their opponents are becoming comon practice at Buna.

I was on the Buna sideline, first half. Here are my top observations:

1. During Kountze school song, the head official was humming the tune - whether he was a KHS guy or his former high school had the same tune or he just liked the melody, he wasn't running a crew of HOMERS...The officials did not cheat.

2. Buna's defensive line was out of control. The linebackers were getting some great licks on Kountze running backs because the line plugged every gap and broke through on every sweep play (in the first half, disregard comments on Lions first drive of second half)

3. On the officiating, spotting the ball....probably the easiest thing to do, would take a minute after some of the penalties. Some of the penalities were thrown out of position. I believe the explanation on the pass interference in the end zone was "you ran into his inside shoulder and turned him" - last time I checked both players have the right to the ball. and then the call out of bounds on the 11 yard-line. I don't see how you can make that call from 30 yards back...but that is human error, Kountze had plenty of time and a few plays to punch it in and almost threw a pick...settled for 3

If you were on the Buna sideline, you may have seen me put my TV camera down and throw everything inside my pockets on the ground because I felt like I had to join the "laundry tossing" party at the game. It was really hard to watch. There was no home cooking though, so throw those accusations out the door.

Congrats to the Coogs.

Everyone in this district is starting to notice that everytime you go to Buna to play any type of game, this is becoming the norm that you'd better be ready to play the team along with extra's called ref's are umpires. I'm not from Kountze but seen the touchdown that was taken away from yhe kids at Kountze, displayed on KFDM sports as they repetively played it and making coments about the bad call. I think that it's time infractions of this nature be handled by the UIL, no matter what school is involved. Bad calls on their opponents are becoming comon practice at Buna.

Just to let you all know we cheaters in Buna all get together starting on Monday and take up a community donation. Man its huge. Our kids go door to door on bikes, we put jars in gas stations, and we even have a telemarketer on staff calling everone in the Buna phone book requesting donations. Then we meet with the refs at a secret place and give them the money and tell them what calls we want made.

Sounds pathetic doesn't it. So does all the complaining. Yes bad calls were made, but BUNA would have still won the game.  :o:P

First off i saw the game tape without the score ticker on the bottom of the screen and he was out of bounds. Not saying the refs were all that great but they didn't win the game for Buna. Actually buna got called for holding a few time and kountze didn't and believe me they were holding.  But Buna fought hard and dominated the offensive and defensive line. The refs cant be blamed for Buna winning the game it was a hard fought battle just like everyone thought it would be. Congrats to buna keep fighting hard good luck the rest of the season.

I don't remember any official calling for one team better than the other. I just remember that the final score was Buna 19 and Kountze 9 which means Buna is still undefeated and Kountze isn't goin 10-0 like they talked trash and said they would. Why can't teams except the fact that they lost to someone better than them. It's always the refs or injuries or some excuse. I got the closest look at the passs interference in the endzone and trust me, he turned the receiver and stopped him on his route. Buna stopped Kountze's run game so they had to throw the ball which they couldn't do consistently against Buna's secondary coverage.  The bottom line is Buna came ready to play. Congrats cougars and good luck against Warren next week.

I'll help everyone here. Kountze gets the 4 points that they "were cheated" out of, and now the final score is 19-13. If you will notice Buna still wins. Come on people one play does not win or lose a game. I saw the replay and yes they blew the call but the offical was behind the kountze runner and the buna defender trying to tackle him so his view of the side line was blocked and he called what he saw to be the runner stepping out of bounds. I hate that Kountze feels that cost them the game. Win or lose the district just started and they have several games left. Best of luck to both teams.

Yall need to stop sayin that Kountze fans think that the refs cost us the game!! BC dont come this post tryin to put kountze down... we already beat yall get over it!! We lost!! Big deal Buna is gonna loose eventually to lol they wont go undefeated in district either!! Its done and over with we cant change the past, just look at the future!! Buna have fun killing Warren lol And we will see what we can do with deweyville.

I was at this game and it was a good hard hitting football game.  Buna and Kountze both played well.  I was glad to see Kountze continue to fight back during the game.  The refs should be fired they were unorganized, slow (physically and mentally) and lazy.  What they did was not to the Kountze team it was to the game of football....they disrespected it.  I am tired of this group (seen them last year) getting away with this type of poor preformance.  If the tables were turned and Buna lost the game they would have protested because the refs moved the chains too early!!!!!!!!!!! So get off the high horse coog fans!!!! Unlike some of you on here i actually played the game of football and i know a ref does not win or lose the game but I worked hard every week just like those players last friday night from both teams did and to have scrub refs show up and not do their job makes me sick.  I think those refs should be banned from even watching football on tv let alone calling it.  But it is not up to Buna to make this happen.  It was not Buna's fault this happened.  But it happened and should be dealt with soon.  I love to watch high school football and will continue to do so, I hope the refs just do their job.  Is that too much to ask?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder