Best RB To Come Out Of Nederland?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GoStangs

Summrall is the best one I've seen from there, hands down, but I think Mosley could replace him as best ever, if he can put together a strong senior season.

I agree GS. He rang up over 1500 yards his sophomore year. Injury and Rita slowed him down last year, but I think he still got almost a 1000. Plenty of speed, (outran all of Ozens team) and toughness he has the total package.

It might have to be Ross LeBouve (sp?). He was TB on the 99 team that lost to Texas City. We have never had a RB that was better getting to the outside and turning it up. If I'm not mistaken, he holds the all-time single season rushing record at Nederland.

Sumrall is the best to date. The total package, between the tackles with speed to get the outside. Probably had the single best play in Nederland history with his 99 yard touchdown run where he literally dragged a defender the last 5 or so yards while the guy held on to his leg. He was a stud.

Mosely may be better... if he stays healthy this year.

Interesting question. I don't usually think "great running backs" when I think about Nederland, but if I had to pick one, Sumrall is certainly the name that would pop up. I've heard tons about Mosley and he seemed pretty good in the one game he played in against WO-S, but I'd still say Sumrall.

What do you think about when you think Nederland... just curious. I agree... it's probably not running backs... I'll go ahead and steal your thunder... kickers and punters... pick something else.

I dont know.....lets see..... Nederland.....

I think they have ALWAYS had a "power" type running back. I think of a Worster style back kind of a "wishbone" type of running game.

For PNG.........Id prolly say recievers and QB's.

LCM...used to always display a great "option" style QB. Kris Omey, etc.

Kicker, how could you not mention these 2 great option QB's at LCM.

1. Cazzy Francis, ran for over a 1,000 and passed for another 800. The was voted the Orange County Athlete of the year by the Orange Leader. Played college ball at Arkansas State where after FX his Rt leg in first day of practice his freshman year they moved him to WR where he was All-Conference 2 seasons. Led the nation in punt return average and signed a free agent contract with Tampa Bay making it to the final cut.

2. Richard Pannell, could throw the ball over seventy yards in the air. Was 6-3, 210 and could run a 4.6. I know I was a WR on the team his season year. He signed with Southwestern Louisiana but my dropped passes probably cause him a scholarship to a even better school. He was awesome. Was voted the conference freshman of the year and lead Southwestern to a upset win at Oklahoma State.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83