Barbers Hill Falls

KFDM COOP

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!  I can honestly say I could see this coming though.  And so do the coaches.  Jump ship when things get tough.......you fair weather fans.  When things were good, you sat around with your chin held high thinking no one was better than the mighty HILL!  Now that there is one small hitch in the plan, let's lynch the coach and find someone new.  Talent comes in phases and it sounds as though BH is in one of those down cycles.  I know Don and many of the guys on his staff.  They know exactly what they are doing and get the most out of their athletes.  40-0 in four year regular season stretch remind you of anything.  And in the playoffs, you do face GOOD competition that can beat you on any given day.  That's the nature of the beast.  That's the same offense that rattled off 40 in a row.....remember???  Variations come with time, but it's still the same principles. That's the same coach that over the last 10 years is one of the most successful coaches in the state.  Quit your whining and start supporting, even in the tough times.  Good Luck BH coaches and kids.  Don't listen to the nay-sayers.  Work hard and fight to get better every day as a team!!

Not saying they have not won lots of games, in the past 10 years.  Not saying I don't support the boys, I have, always will, never say die Eagle fan for many many years.  Not a nay sayer, or a person that jumps ship because they lost their first games either...Criticism is both good and bad, kind of like life and changing football seasons..you take them all in stride. Over the years whether winning or losing people make comments about the team,town, and yes the coaches.  

Well my question is, is BH just having a down year for talent? Or are they stacked like normal and just not playing up to par for the talent they have?  Coaches at the high school level can only do so much with the talent they have, there comes a point where the plays must be made by the players.

The lack of talent, genetics "theory" proposed by some outsiders is getting rather old. This year's team is more or less made up of the same players from last year....with a couple of exceptions. This year's team hasn't come close to performing like last years. Personally, I don't have all the answers or know of all of the problems. I do know of some because I am around people associated with the BH sports programs....kids, parents, and coaches. Surely, if I continue to follow this thread I will have all of the answers because someone who knows absolutley nothing about the BH programs will get on here and explain it all to me.  ??? ??? ???

Well.......when you guys get on a public website and bash a coaching staff and team that is struggling, you are doing nothing but causing controversy between the two entities that are fighting every week for those wins........the kids and the coaches.  Kids do read these boards and believe some of the things you say (unfortunately)!  Unless you are in the coaches office, you too, have no idea what is going on with this program.  Again, good luck to BH the rest of the way. 

Guest OvertheHill2008

Here I can answer your question.

The problem is we are not in that weak 3A district anymore with Tarkington, Liberty and Splendora.

That's why we had the winning seasons, and that's why they are gone.

The problem is we are not in that weak 3A district anymore with Tarkington, Liberty and Splendora.

Now we have to play 4A powerhouses such as CE King, Kingwood Park, Goose Creek Memorial, Crosby, GP and last year Forest Brook, Smiley, and New Caney.  ;)

Well.......when you guys get on a public website and bash a coaching staff and team that is struggling, you are doing nothing but causing controversy between the two entities that are fighting every week for those wins........the kids and the coaches.  Kids do read these boards and believe some of the things you say (unfortunately)!  Unless you are in the coaches office, you too, have no idea what is going on with this program.  Again, good luck to BH the rest of the way.   

The most severe bashing I've done is say that this team, basically the same as last year's , isn't performing near as well.  I'm sure the players I know will be the first to tell you that.....the coaches too for that matter. And when you are around the players, parents, and coaches....yes, you actually do know some of the issues that are going on, unless one's head is in the sand. ...guess it's osmosis. At least that's the way it works over here.

And still I find it ironic that the outsiders of a program ( in this particular case-BH) have all of the answers.

What were they being punished for?  Care to share?

I do not think it would be appropriate to share on a forum. It was nothing serious...as in w/ the law. drugs, etc. More along insubordination within the football arena....which probably resulted from frustration over our slow start. Carter and Jay are both great kids and hard workers. They will be fine. From what I hear, everything has been dealt with and is a thing of the past.

i remember when teams were scared to play BH.   cant believe the record this year

When and who were scared to play Mount Belvieu?  Must be your soft bunch Scooter.  Wasn't us......

Come on SFA you know you were scared ;D ;D

Oh yeah we were shiverin'.  21 points and 4 quarters later, we were still shaking in our cleats....  lol

Now we have to play 4A powerhouses such as CE King, Kingwood Park, Goose Creek Memorial, Crosby, GP and last year Forest Brook, Smiley, and New Caney.  ;)

Would you rather to face Nederland, PNG, Ozen, Lumberton, Central, Vidor, LCM?

What were they being punished for?  Care to share?

I do not think it would be appropriate to share on a forum. It was nothing serious...as in w/ the law. drugs, etc. More along insubordination within the football arena....which probably resulted from frustration over our slow start. Carter and Jay are both great kids and hard workers. They will be fine. From what I hear, everything has been dealt with and is a thing of the past.

Thanks for that, it is the same scenario I was told also.  Just checking facts.  They are good kids and they need them both on the field playing.  Carter didn't get Newcomer for nothing last year. Good luck to them both.

Dude,

It was a joke...sarcasm. I really don't believe any of the teams I mentioned qualify as 4A powerhouses.  

I was wandering..... because BH should have won the game Tuesday against CE King.... our mistakes killed us!  Fumble in the end-zone... allowing not one, but two, 80+ yard TDs by the Panthers... 

Just when we got close to turning things around in our favor, Poof! it was gone like the wind!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder