WHO BELIEVES COACH BROOKS NEEDS NEW COACHING STAFF IN JASPER? 100% CONTROL?

BLUETIC99

HE HAS TO MUCH TALENT AND NOT ENOUGH COACHES TO COACH THAT TALENT.  JASPER SHOULD BE 2-1  EASILY AFTER FACING A GOOD GILMER TEAM IN WEEK ONE.  TOO MANY STUPID PLAYS ARE BEING CALLED, AND TOO MANY ARMS FOLDED ON THE SIDELINE BY COACHING STAFF.  THE WHOLE COACHING STAFF LOOKS LOST AND THEY HAVE THE KIDS CONFUSSED ALSO.  SOMETHING ELSE THAT HAS BEEN CLOSELY OBSERVED IS PLAY CALLING.  COACH BROOKS NEVER CALLS HIS OWN OFFENSIVE PLAYS LIKE SOME OF THE LEGENDARY COACHES NOR DOES HE OVER TURN BAD PLAY CALLS.  IS HIS HANDS TIED OR WHAT?  DAN HOOKS, CURTIS BARBAY, JACK ALVEREZ, AND ALOT MORE COACHES THAT YOU OBSERVE TO MY KNOWLEDGE DO ON THE OTHER HAND.  I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW EVERYONE ELSE OUT THERE FEEL ABOUT THIS SITUATION.  I'M SORRY TO STEP ON SOME FOLKS TOES, BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

HE HAS TO MUCH TALENT AND NOT ENOUGH COACHES TO COACH THAT TALENT.  JASPER SHOULD BE 2-1  EASILY AFTER FACING A GOOD GILMER TEAM IN WEEK ONE.  TOO MANY STUPID PLAYS ARE BEING CALLED, AND TOO MANY ARMS FOLDED ON THE SIDELINE BY COACHING STAFF.  THE WHOLE COACHING STAFF LOOKS LOST AND THEY HAVE THE KIDS CONFUSSED ALSO.  SOMETHING ELSE THAT HAS BEEN CLOSELY OBSERVED IS PLAY CALLING.  COACH BROOKS NEVER CALLS HIS OWN OFFENSIVE PLAYS LIKE SOME OF THE LEGENDARY COACHES NOR DOES HE OVER TURN BAD PLAY CALLS.  IS HIS HANDS TIED OR WHAT?  DAN HOOKS, CURTIS BARBAY, JACK ALVEREZ, AND ALOT MORE COACHES THAT YOU OBSERVE TO MY KNOWLEDGE DO ON THE OTHER HAND.  I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW EVERYONE ELSE OUT THERE FEEL ABOUT THIS SITUATION.  I'M SORRY TO STEP ON SOME FOLKS TOES, BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

The defense is the bigger issue to me. It was better against Nac, but that's the main reason we're 0-3 right now. Good defense will win games and that needs to be fixed NOW.

HE HAS TO MUCH TALENT AND NOT ENOUGH COACHES TO COACH THAT TALENT.  JASPER SHOULD BE 2-1  EASILY AFTER FACING A GOOD GILMER TEAM IN WEEK ONE.  TOO MANY STUPID PLAYS ARE BEING CALLED, AND TOO MANY ARMS FOLDED ON THE SIDELINE BY COACHING STAFF.  THE WHOLE COACHING STAFF LOOKS LOST AND THEY HAVE THE KIDS CONFUSSED ALSO.  SOMETHING ELSE THAT HAS BEEN CLOSELY OBSERVED IS PLAY CALLING.  COACH BROOKS NEVER CALLS HIS OWN OFFENSIVE PLAYS LIKE SOME OF THE LEGENDARY COACHES NOR DOES HE OVER TURN BAD PLAY CALLS.  IS HIS HANDS TIED OR WHAT?  DAN HOOKS, CURTIS BARBAY, JACK ALVEREZ, AND ALOT MORE COACHES THAT YOU OBSERVE TO MY KNOWLEDGE DO ON THE OTHER HAND.   I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW EVERYONE ELSE OUT THERE FEEL ABOUT THIS SITUATION.  I'M SORRY TO STEP ON SOME FOLKS TOES, BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

I believe there are some WOS fans that will disagree with you in regarding Coach Hooks and the play calling. From what I hear from them, it's not Hooks that calls the plays, particularly the bad ones. ;)

As for this post, I am quite sure that most if not all Jasper fans are very glad Coach Brooks is back in Jasper.

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE FOOLING ?  YOU CAN'T MAKE ME BELIEVE DAN R. HOOKS DON'T CALL OR OVER TURN HIS PLAYS.  WE ARE VERY HAPPY TO HAVE COACH BROOK BACK AND I PRAY TO GOD HE STAYS FOREVER. WE COULDN'T ASK FOR A BETTER HEAD COACH AND ROLE MODEL IN JASPER. THIS POST WAS REALLY REGARDING HIS COACHING STAFF.  IT'S JUST THAT THE FANS HERE IN JASPER ARE WONDERING WHATS GOING ON !!!!

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE FOOLING ?   YOU CAN'T MAKE ME BELIEVE DAN R. HOOKS DON'T CALL OR OVER TURN HIS PLAYS.  OVER ALL WE ARE VERY HAPPY TO HAVE HIM BACK AND I PRAY TO GOD HE STAYS FOREVER. WE COULDN'T ASK FOR A BETTER HEAD COACH AND ROLE MODEL IN JASPER. THIS POST WAS REALLY REGARDING HIS COACHING STAFF.  IT'S JUST THAT THE FANS HERE IN JASPER ARE WONDERING WHATS GOING ON !!!!

Not fooling anyone. Seeing that this is your only second post, I'll just suggest you go back several pages on this messageboard till you run across the threads that pertained to the WOS Off. Co. and you will see what I am talking about. I am just going by what some WOS fans say, the OC calls the plays, not Dan Ray.

Yes jasper need to do something reall soon i belive coach Quick call a ok game but he can do better.Jasper secondary really needs work when we get to the playoff and meet a team that can really air it out we are going to be going home.And our WR. need to start catching the ball. Maybe coach Brooks will start taking more control jasper is to GOOD to be 0-3

Guest rykerx144

Some things never seem to amaze me.  Its funny how things work when things are not going good for a team. Jasper fans have trashed their last two head coaches and blamed them for not bringing the team to the next level when everyone expected them too.  Now Jasper has got what they wanted and got Coach Brooks back and spent all summer and preseason talking him up.  Now that things are not going good someones head has to be on the chopping block.  You obviously cant blame the players because they are kids and that would be wrong.  You obviously cant blame Coach Brooks because you have talked him up so much you wouldnt want to look bad so I agree blame all the rest of the coaching staff.  Its not the kids fault, it cant be Brooks fault, so your right its got to be all the other coaches fault.  I dont know who is in charge in Jasper but monday they need to go in the school and fire any coach that has anything to do with Jasper football but Brooks and that should fix the problem in Jasper. But if it dont, dont worry Jasper fans you always have the band director to blame..

This is a ridiculous topic and it shows just how ignorant the person that started this is!  I dont even need to meet this person and probably can tell you that he was a 3rd string guard who never saw the field in his day and his superstar son is not getting the playing time and if he was then jasper would be blowing everyone out.  Its always the coach's fault and never the kid that misses a block, blows a coverage or forgets a snap count that is at fault.  Some people just dont know when to keep their mouth shut.  See what this moron doesnt realize is that Coach Brooks chooses his coaching staff and most these guys have more than proving themselves on knowing the game and trying to put kids in the best situation to succeed.  This type stuff just aggravates me when "know it alls" start this type of topic and even gets feedback.

I PERSONALLY KNOW A COUPLEOF COAHES ON STAFF AT JASPER AND THEY ARE GOOD COACHES - VERY KNOWLEDGEBALE, CARE ABOUT KIDS, AND DO A GREAT JOB.  JASPER HAS TALENT NO DOUBT, BUT PEOPLE ARE NOT LINED UP TO COME TO JASPER - PAY IS NOT GREAT, FACILITIES ARE FAIR, CLASS LOAD IS LARGE - NOT JUST BEATING DOWN THE DOOR.  THE BULLDOGS WILL BE OK - JUST LAY OFF THE COACHES AND IF YOU CANNOT DO THAT THEN GO GET A DEGREE AND BECOME A COACH YOURSELF.  GOOD LUCK.

You can only play with the kids coming out to play football. You can't make them bigger, faster, or stronger as the year goes on. I cringe when a head coach gets slammed for his assistants, Most of the assistants are there when the coach arrives. Stump at WB got to pick his Def Cordinator and Off Cordinator, that's it. 

Guest rykerx144

I agree but I also agree there is a problem in Jasper.  What it is, Im not exactly sure.  I have always been amazed with the talent in Jasper. I think that you take them same kids this year and put them in most other programs and we wouldnt be talking 0-fer.  Im not sure if its the players, coaches, chemistry, parents, community or a combination of any of them but I think that the potential for greatness is there but for some reason its not there.

Guest rykerx144

Being 0-3 after playing the likes of Gilmer, Kirbyville, and Nac isn't all that suprising. Only game I favored Jasper in was the Kirbyville game and they had their chances to win that one. Still lots of football to be played.

thats my point, when you name teams like Gilmer, Nac, WOS, Jasper should be in that group and they are not.  Kirbyville is a very good 2a school but it shouldnt even be in the same class as Jasper.

TOTALLY AGREE RYKERX 144.   THERE HAVE BEEN ALOT OF GOOD COMMENTS TO THIS QUESTION.  I RESPECT EVERYONES COMMENTS AND I ALSO KNOW EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION.  IF YOU REALLY REFLECT ON THIS SEASON JASPER LOSES WERE THE RESULT OF POOR COACHING DECISIONS. EXAMPLE:  KIRBYVILLE GAME-  4 AND 2  IN THE RED ZONE AND YOU OPTION TO KICK A FIELD GOAL WHEN YOU HAVE A RUNNING BACK (ARMSTRONG) THAT WAS AVERAGING 7 OR 8 YARDS A CARRY. MISSED FIELD GOAL AND KIRBYVILLE GOES ON TO WIN BECAUSE YOUR DEFENSE CAN'T STOP THEIR PASSING ATTACK OFFENSE. (RANDY MUSGROVE) SCORES GAME WINNING TOUCHDOWN OFF OF A NICE PASS.  THEN THEY GO FOR TWO POINT CONVERSION AND ONCE AGAIN PUT THE BALL IN THE AIR AND RECIEVER WAS WIDE OPEN.  OTHER MAY SAY IT'S THE KIDS, BUT THE KIDS ARE ONLY DOING WHAT THEY ARE TOLD TO DO.  EXAMPLE :  NACOGDOCHES GAME -  NACS KNOWN FOR A VERY POWERFUL RUNNING ATTACK, BUT THEIR COACHES REALIZED JASPER SECONDARY WAS NOT SO HOT AND STARTED AN AIR ATTACK.  ONCE AGAIN JASPER COACHES NEVER DID ADJUST TO STOP THE AIR ATTACK. I HONESTLY DON'T THINK IT THE KIDS, IT THE COACHES. I'M JUST GOING TO LEAVE THAT NAVASOTA / JASPER  PLAYOFF GAME FROM LAST YEAR ALONE.  ALOT OF YOU GUYS MAY BE MAD AT ME FOR POSTING THESE COMMENTS, BUT IF THE SHOES FIT WEAR THEM.   

TOTALLY AGREE RYKERX 144.   THERE HAVE BEEN ALOT OF GOOD COMMENTS TO THIS QUESTION.  I RESPECT EVERYONES COMMENTS AND I ALSO KNOW EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION.  IF YOU REALLY REFLECT ON THIS SEASON JASPER LOSES WERE THE RESULT OF POOR COACHING DECISIONS. EXAMPLE:  KIRBYVILLE GAME-  4 AND 2  IN THE RED ZONE AND YOU OPTION TO KICK A FIELD GOAL WHEN YOU HAVE A RUNNING BACK (ARMSTRONG) THAT WAS AVERAGING 7 OR 8 YARDS A CARRY. MISSED FIELD GOAL AND KIRBYVILLE GOES ON TO WIN BECAUSE YOUR DEFENSE CAN'T STOP THEIR PASSING ATTACK OFFENSE. (MUSGROVE)  OTHER MAY SAY IT'S THE KIDS, BUT THE KIDS ARE ONLY DOING WHAT THEY ARE TOLD TO DO.  EXAMPLE :  NACOGDOCHES GAME -  NACS KNOWN FOR A VERY POWERFUL RUNNING ATTACK, BUT THEIR COACHES REALIZED JASPER SECONDARY WAS NOT SO HOT AND STARTED AN AIR ATTACK.  ONCE AGAIN JASPER COACHES NEVER DID ADJUST TO STOP THE AIR ATTACK. I HONESTLY DON'T THINK IT THE KIDS, IT THE COACHES. I'M JUST GOING TO LEAVE THAT NAVASOTA / JASPER  PLAYOFF GAME FROM LAST YEAR ALONE.  ALOT OF YOU GUYS MAY BE MAD AT ME FOR POSTING THESE COMMENTS, BUT IF THE SHOES FIT WEAR THEM.   

How about the next time you post, eliminate the all caps please. Thank you.

BTW, all kids don't do what they are told. ;)

Kids mess up alot. I cant believe you said they are only doing what they are told. You know how often kids dont blitz when they are suppose too? Or they run the wrong coverage or bust a coverage? Early in the season it happens alot. I dont know what you do for a living but get some kids who are 15-18 to do your job and you have to stand about 30 yards away from them with about 10,000 people screaming behind you. Do you think they might mess up? Have you ever had a conversation with a kid in that age range? Do they seem real focused? How about 40 or 50 kids? And dont say you were the greatest little league coach since Vince Lombardi. Plus Gilmer has more talent than Jasper does and Kirbyville is around the same talent range plus its a rivarly game so that changes things. Nac has around 1800 kids maybe more and they have some talent too.

I'm sorry but on those particular examples those were coaching decisions.  Then for you to compare talent that's not even an issue.  Jasper has always had talent, but no coaches to perhap coach that talent.  So WTB those excuses want work !!!!!!    I guarantee jasper fans would agree .

I have no ties to Jasper or anyone around there but I find it funny when people question coaches and go around talking to everyone about them and never ask the coach himself whats going on.  I always tell my athletes if you hear anyone dogging you or your coaches tell them to come set up a meeting so we can talk about our goals and its amazing the ones always running there mouths in the stands and the streets dont have the guts to question the coach face to face.  just a pet peav. 

I'm sorry but on those particular examples those were coaching decisions.  Then for you to compare talent that's not even an issue.  Jasper has always had talent, but no coaches to perhap coach that talent.  So WTB those excuses want work !!!!!!    I guarantee jasper fans would agree .

Im sure they would agree because it is easy to point the finger.  Along with talent you have to be somewhat intelligent.  And Im not talking just book intelligence Im talking football intelligent.  And that comes from putting in extra time watching film and studying the game.  Many kids dont do that unless they are forced to and I guarantee it is readily available for them to do so on their own.

For those of you that think Coach Brooks (or any coach for that matter) are doing a poor job... here is a suggestion....

Get your resume.... go to a school board meeting and submit it.... then you do it!

Coaches do not go to your job and tell you all the things you are doing wrong..  Most work 12-14 hour days  including weekends to do everything they can to put their kids and teams in the best position to be successful.  For people not involved in any of the preparation to question the results is not only unfair, but ridiculous.

This thread is insulting and I have nothing to do with Jasper!

Ryker and bluetic, give me a break. Anyone with any sense would tell you that Jasper plays a very hard pre-district schedule. Those same people would also tell you that you could very easily have lost all of those games. Its not the coaches. Wait till district, they'll be fine. Then you can go around town talking about how your griping on the internet got the coaches to change the way they do their business and because you stood up, it turned the season around. GET A LIFE!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• He's steadily improving rapidly. Not that your opinion matters much based on some of the wild projections you've made on this site 
    • Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be. Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.
    • It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
  • Topics