Longview vs Barbers Hill CANCELLED!!!!

lobo1982

Just because we can't beat Lumberton doesn't mean we can WHIP Longview!!!!!

Go Big Blue!

I'm not jumping off of any wagon...sounds dangerous. However, Lumberton ain't Longview.

To the BH squad, many who I know well, you're gonna show up mentally w/ the A game ready to play, no backing down. You're BH that's a given. Exucute, eliminate turnovers, don't give up big plays, and keep hitting the different colored jersey in the mouth from start to finish.....catch some breaks, you might have a game/night that you will remember forever. If you fall short, walk out with your head held high.....you let em know they were in a fight. The scoreboard tracks wins/losses, Texas high school football way more about that. As my coach ( back in the day ) used to say earholes and snotbubbles.......it's legal.. go knock the living p^%# out of somebody. Help 'em up, give 'em your number, let 'em know you're gonna be back.

GO EAGLES ! 

I Love Barbers Hill football. I live for the 10 or 11 or 12 weeks the guys play football. Because I like the kids in this program I am going to pray for a Hurricane so the game will be canceled. Not trying to hurt any feelings but we are not ready. You have to play the best to get better but this team is not at that point. :-\

I'm with ya, but pray for the bus to break down or something besides a hurricane.  That affects more than the football game  ;)

Ain't jumping off no band wagon here but this was the best thing that could happen. Now they can get healed up before district. Very seldom will I stop cheerleading and have even been known to tell a motovational lie from time to time but this was a time to consider the facts. Not taking nothing from PNG or Lumberton and they handled us well but niether a close to Longview in talent and what they have now. It's cool to hold your head high but after a 73-0 score it could be tough. This ain't any given Sunday. ;)

I saw both Longview and BH play last year, and I really believe that Longview could have scored 80+ points on the Hill!!  This game has puzzled me since the day I found out about it.  Why would BH play Longview?

The game was scheduled because of the problem with Smiley and Forest Brook.  Our schedule was set and then they combined Smiley and Forest Brook to make North Forest, that left us a game short.  Price called many teams, but it was so late in the year everyone had their schedule set.  Longview had something happen to their schedule as well, and couldn't find another team.  Longview called BH and Price committed to play.  Believe me, Longview was not his first choice.

I saw both Longview and BH play last year, and I really believe that Longview could have scored 80+ points on the Hill!!  This game has puzzled me since the day I found out about it.  Why would BH play Longview?

The game was scheduled because of the problem with Smiley and Forest Brook.  Our schedule was set and then they combined Smiley and Forest Brook to make North Forest, that left us a game short.  Price called many teams, but it was so late in the year everyone had their schedule set.  Longview had something happen to their schedule as well, and couldn't find another team.  Longview called BH and Price committed to play.  Believe me, Longview was not his first choice.

I admire him for stepping up and accepting the challenge. You are so right thought Smiley and Forest Brook stuck it to everyone. Now they are a 5A playing in a 4A district for at least two years. Maybe we could merge with Dayton. Just kidding, I don't think that would work out for either side. ;D

I admire him for stepping up and accepting the challenge. You are so right thought Smiley and Forest Brook stuck it to everyone. Now they are a 5A playing in a 4A district for at least two years. Maybe we could merge with Dayton. Just kidding, I don't think that would work out for either side. ;D

It's funny how two 4a schools can merge and end up with a 4a school...is that even mathematically possible?

Good luck to Longview with your season.

It's funny how two 4a schools can merge and end up with a 4a school...is that even mathematically possible?

Both of these schools were about half full when they merged. Should have happened a long time ago.

Both of these schools were about half full when they merged. Should have happened a long time ago.

What do you mean when you say they were half way full?

What do you mean when you say they were half way full?

The North Forest school district ( if that's what it is still called ) has been in shambles for a few years now. They have been financially bankrupt for years from mismanagement to outright theft. Enrollment numbers for both schools have been dropping for awhile. Both schools, which happen to be right around the corner from each other, did not have 4A numbers............and that includes those that do not show up for class.

NURTH FEREST MAFF. :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83