Goodrich vs. Spurger (Nov. 29 @ Toyota Center)

Goodrich vs. Spurger, Sat., Nov. 29 @ 1 p.m. @ the Toyota Center in Houston. Tickets are free (at respected schools) but a $20 purchase will allow you to stay and watch the Rockets game. Deadline for ticket purchse is Sept. 30.

Okay, I just found my Game of the Week broadcast for that particular week. ;D

HJ played Lumberton back in 91 or 92 in the Summit and handed it to Lumberton by about 90.  They played right before the Rockets and Suns that night and your ticket was good for both games.  Pretty cool to watch and I am sure it was really cool to play.  I remember Tom Chambers sitting and watching some of the game.  Pretty cool.  This is a experience that the kids from Goodrich and Spurger will never forget.

• 2 weeks later...

The greastest luck to spurger

i wish i could go watch but im sure my team will have a game theirself

how do a team book a place like that to play?

How have you been 25,

The game is on a sat and early so maybe your not playing on that day.

Coach King and Coach Issacs set the game up,your coach needs to call

them and see what it takes to get the Toyota center.

i been good im tried with all the running in crosscountry since i don't play football, what about you?

well knowing that im sure ill be there than.

a good number of ppl should show up for that

hav you got a chance to see the spurger team play at all this year?

Just summer ball in woodville,they looked pretty good on the off side.They have no problem scoreing

but they have to step up the def.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

goodrich is gonna take this game for sure. ;D ;D

YEAH RIGHT you sooo wish we only lost 2 seniors last year!!!

SO ha!

SPURGER ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT i wish i could go and support my classmates but

my dads leaving to go overseas agian so i cant go

but good luck guys WE LOVE YOU!

what? have you seen goodrich they only lost one starter. steven chavarria is the best player hands down in 1a-div2. they only 1a teams that can beat goodrich are cayuga and big sandy. so goodrich will take this game.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ummmmmmmmm OK Last year Spurger beat BS and Cayuga IDK how many times!!! To make it to nationals!! and they only lost 2 people and the rest of the team is the same! Plus we now have the BS coach!

SO we'll just have to see how it will turn out! May the best team win!

what? have you seen goodrich they only lost one starter. steven chavarria is the best player hands down in 1a-div2. they only 1a teams that can beat goodrich are cayuga and big sandy. so goodrich will take this game.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

If I rmember right Spurger beat Cayuga last year and big sandy once, so how can you say that those are the only two teams that can beat goodrich?

Ummmmmmmmm OK Last year Spurger beat BS and Cayuga IDK how many times!!! To make it to nationals!! and they only lost 2 people and the rest of the team is the same! Plus we now have the BS coach!

SO we'll just have to see how it will turn out! May the best team win!

correction. yall have the bs jv coach. and spurger only beat big sandy once and that was because two of their starters were not playing because of injuries. and big sandy beat them when it really counted. and big sandy prolly has the best two gaurds in the state. Corey Tolar and Melton Abbey...

If I rmember right Spurger beat Cayuga last year and big sandy once, so how can you say that those are the only two teams that can beat goodrich?

yea well your right but spurger i mean they only went that far because of sheffield and whittaker. cayuga has got bascally their whole team back summerville tore his acl or thats what ive heard but i dont no if its true and big sandy like i said spurger beat big sandy in OT with big sandys two starters not playing.

1. There is no way that Toller is the best gaurd in the state.

2. Who is their second gaurd?

3. Spurger beat big sandy at big sandy and they broke a 7 year home district wining streak. that has to count for something.

4. In the playoffs they had McKinny.

5. spurger had 2 starters with injuries. PG John Gosset, who only played about 6-7 min and SF pate sheffield with a fractured ankle.

I pose this question who does every one think will be the best 5 players in SETX D-A1??????????????????????????????????????????????

1 Tyler Copland-hands down (WH)

2. Whittaker (Spurger)

3. Blankenship (Spurger)

4. Toller (BS)

5. toss up for breakout season.

tyler will have help with guard play this year.

Blankenship and Whittaker will be a strong combo. (they have point guards)

Toller will have trouble this year scoring without McKinny and Langly to take off some preasure.

I dont know any other players that will stand out. Mabey elliot (HD) milton abby (BS)

1 Tyler Copland-hands down (WH)

2. Whittaker (Spurger)

3. Blankenship (Spurger)

4. Toller (BS)

5. toss up for breakout season.

tyler will have help with guard play this year.

Blankenship and Whittaker will be a strong combo. (they have point guards)

Toller will have trouble this year scoring without McKinny and Langly to take off some preasure.

I dont know any other players that will stand out. Mabey elliot (HD) milton abby (BS)

ok well your the craziest person in the world if you think that blankenship and whittaker is better than corey tolar.

1. Corey Tolar - Big Sandy

2. Tyler Copeland- West Hardin

3. Melton Abbey - Big Sandy    (best point guard in the state, i dont care what anybody says)

4. George Whittaker - Spurger

5. Mikey Kowena - Big Sandy / Daniel Blankenship - Spurger.

you might disagree with me on #1 and #2 but i just think tolar is a all around better player but yall may think different but if yall really think about it, its not about one player its about the whole team and corey tolar has a really good team behind him and thats whats gonna make it to state. but all the respect in the world to tyler copeland.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder