**POST SCRIMMAGE SCORES AND COMMENTS HERE**

Diboll defeated Hardin-Jefferson 14-3 in a scrimmage Saturday afternoon at Lumberjack Stadium.

Both teams were sluggish on offense the first part of the contest, but the Jacks scored two touchdowns in the last 15 minutes to take the win.

Diboll's defense did not give up a score until the final play of the scrimmage when the Hawks connected on a 43-yard field goal.

"We ran three types of defensive fronts today and we knew we would have some issues with one of them, but the main front that we'll use we did a great job with," head football coach Tom Sheppard said. "We gave up a lot of yards, but no scores. With the main front, we really got after them and they couldn't do anything about it."

Diboll's two scores came on a 16-yard run by J.J. Hubbard and a 24-yard pass from Jacolby Spencer to Cameron McCollum.

"We didn't do as well offensively the first 20 plays, but we got things going in the last 15 minutes," Sheppard said. "The kids have responded well and we've got things moving in the right direction."

Diboll got inside the Hawks' 20-yard line twice early in the scrimmage and came away empty. Hardin-Jefferson only got inside the Jacks' 20 once, as they moved to the 13. That drive ended with a missed field goal from 32 yards.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, panthaplay, I was standing 10 feet from Liberty's coach when he said they were done and didn't want to do a full quarter of play, so maybe you should get your facts straight. As far as the 4-1, I stated Liberty had more depth, their second and third team were better than our second team. But as far as first team goes, ya'll were no match. We handled you soundly and your coaches obviously were scared to to do a full quarter so your team didn't get embarrased by a small 2A school. But, I live in Liberty, so I do hope you get at least one win this year, but after Saturday I'm not sure it will happen. One other thing, on both of your first team touchdowns, you had several penalties that were called, but we let you keep the ball where it was, we didn't move you back. And also like I stated,you used almost 30 plays to score your two touchdowns, we used less than 15. So,I would call that a pretty good day for Hardin.

Uh, panthaplay, I was standing 10 feet from Liberty's coach when he said they were done and didn't want to do a full quarter of play, so maybe you should get your facts straight. As far as the 4-1, I stated Liberty had more depth, their second and third team were better than our second team. But as far as first team goes, ya'll were no match. We handled you soundly and your coaches obviously were scared to to do a full quarter so your team didn't get embarrased by a small 2A school. But, I live in Liberty, so I do hope you get at least one win this year, but after Saturday I'm not sure it will happen. One other thing, on both of your first team touchdowns, you had several penalties that were called, but we let you keep the ball where it was, we didn't move you back. And also like I stated,you used almost 30 plays to score your two touchdowns, we used less than 15. So,I would call that a pretty good day for Hardin.

I was also standing there. Deel said, (and I quote) "you guys wanna go another 10?"...Haynes said "no, Ive seen all that ive wanted to see"...Id like to say what he said after but that wouldnt be respectful to Coach Deel or Coach Haynes.

Our second and third string scored 2 touchdowns on a Hardin defense made up of mostly first teamers. The reason we took up 15 plays to score, was because we ran the football down their throats every play for the exception of two. We ran almost every play that we had ran in practice and I dont remember us not being successful on every play at least once. We handled the Hardin Hornets with ease. NO DOUBT. I cant believe you are willing to lie to yourself the way you just did. How do you plan on sleeping tonight?

High Island was missing 2 lineman during the scrimmage.  One is out for the year with an acl tear, and the other is being held out after spraining his knee.  We will be massive upfront, because the kid playing left guard during the scrimmage is actually our starting tight end.

While cody and AJ did look good last night... I believe the brightest spot for the broncos was the O-line. they gave cody and zach (backup qb) all kinds of time to throw and had pretty good spurts with run blocking as well. a few high snaps was the only glaring issue, but I'm sure they will rectify that as the season progresses. I was very impressed with this group.

OK panthaplaya, that's fine, everybody see's things differently, most Liberty people sit around in denial and would never admit to getting handled by Hardin, so I understand. But, I can definately say that after the scrimmage that at least three teams, including Hardin, in our 2A district would beat Liberty in a full game this year. I know most of the people in Liberty's stands, and all that I talked to were worried after seeing what Hardin did. So, like I said, good luck and hopefully you'll get to celebrate at least once this year.

Who is Dayton's QB?  What's his height and weight?  Dayton just outplayed us last night.  They're ranked high deservedly.  I guess until tonight, I didn't realize that we lost quite a bit, but we usually do...I think that it was a great thing playing a top-notch team like Dayton in scrimmage because it definitely let us know where we're weak.

Guest whoabroncos09

Who is Dayton's QB?  What's his height and weight?  Dayton just outplayed us last night.  They're ranked high deservedly.  I guess until tonight, I didn't realize that we lost quite a bit, but we usually do...I think that it was a great thing playing a top-notch team like Dayton in scrimmage because it definitely let us know where we're weak.

cody green.

6'4". and 220 lbs.

OK , that's fine, everybody see's things differently, most Liberty people sit around in denial and would never admit to getting handled by Hardin, so I understand. But, I can definately say that after the scrimmage that at least three teams, including Hardin, in our 2A district would beat Liberty in a full game this year. I know most of the people in Liberty's stands, and all that I talked to were worried after seeing what Hardin did. So, like I said, good luck and hopefully you'll get to celebrate at least once this year.

lol. You're pretty funny, and you're right! Hardin did "handle" us.I must have played in another game or something. No.No. I figured it out! I dreamed that we beat Hardin. I dreamed that their offense was walking back to the line of scrimmage after calling the play. I also must have dreamed up this crazy idea that we could ever compete with those Hardin Hornets. Im just so glad we didnt go a quarter of live football...I mean..it would just be too embarrassing for a weak team like us to get shown up by such a strong squad. Pat yourself, and all them great Hardin Hornets, on the back Bush......... Yall deserve it.

Dayton is a good team.To have it togather this eraly just shows that.They handled wo-s easy.They made wo-s look real bad at this point in time.If it would not have been for turnovers they might have shut us out.Dayton is going to be a handfull for whoever they play.WO-S has some work to do for sure.Nothing positive came out of this game except to show them there is a lot of work to be done on both sides of the ball...guess you could call that positive.I think Dayton is just that good and hopefully that's why we didn't look so good.

Dayton's offense gave West Orange 14 points.  THe big two (Cody Green and AJ Dugat)did not play in the 2nd half but had over 300 yards of offense in the first half.  The 2nd team QB marched Dayton up and down the field in the second half but a couple of miscues kept the score close.  Don't be fooled by the score WOS was outmatched tonight.

You should have rolled your a 4A School, WO-S is a middle of the pack 3A, which by the way beat you in  A REAL GAME LAST YEAR AND THE YEAR BEFORE.

Yeah I guess we should have played a REAL 4A---like Vidor

Guest blackflag

I think what he means by middle of the pack is attendance . We all know that attendance doesn't matter and that both WOS and Dayton are top quality teams regardless of classification.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83