Reds, you better catchm while you can

A cpl of days back the GOMFC voted to strip our rites as Texas fishemen and take control of our state waters. Texas Waters as defined by the Spanish Land Grant and adopted by the US Congress - one of the first things to happen when Texas was admitted to the United States, that seaward boundary is 3 leagues, or to us common folks, 9 nautical miles and beyond that the feds control the EEZ. Currently we have a 365 day, 4 fish limit of 15" on Red Snapper in Tex waters and beyond there is a 2 month season for Recs with a 16" 2 fish limit. This law is aimed at controling our Red Snapper and falling inline with the Fed regulations...they have mismanaged the EEZ and now want to infringe on our rites. If this all comes to play there is a very good chance the laws concerning Redfish and Sharks will be controled by the Feds (no Redfish and 1 shark per boat) While all this is going on the commercial guys are enjoying NO closed season, 13" length and a voluntary quota which NEVER seems to reached. BTW for you CCA guys, the CCA voted to go with the more restrictive limits on Recs while voting for the new laws for the commercial guys. Next will come the closier of parts of the Gulf including the Flower Gardens and once again the CCA has aligned itself with enviro wackos and is all for the closiers to make a petting zoo in areas from the beach out 200 miles (MPAs) Dont we have ENOUGH Gov in our lives now????

Good post 643.  And don't get me started about the CCA.  They make no bones about the fact that they're here to conserve fish, not support recreational fishermen.  But the biggest majority of their money comes from recs, and the CCA uses those registered member numbers to support the fight against the very people that fund them.  The rec fishermen is being used, and it they're paying to make happen...but not by me...ever again. How long are these sportsmen going to be abused like this???

2.gif

I think people still give their hard erned $$ to CCA becuz what they have done in the past, if most knew what goes on behind the smoke screen I'm sure things would change on the direction their going. What I don't get is they are for keeping us off the water and giving the comercial guys free reins. BTW nice Kingfish pic on the 'other' site...WW

I think people still give their hard erned $$ to CCA becuz what they have done in the past, if most knew what goes on behind the smoke screen I'm sure things would change on the direction their going. What I don't get is they are for keeping us off the water and giving the comercial guys free reins. BTW nice Kingfish pic on the 'other' site...WW

Thanx.  That's my daughter.  She loves to fish.  Right after that king, she boated a 100# blacktip while I stood on the hardtop and took pics.  Lotsa fun out there!

100 lb shesh that a good one, and good for the table if you take care of correctly, I took a cpl out with us and boated about a 75lber, that was the LAST shark I allowed on the boat. When I brought him in the 'tuna door' the first thing it did was latch on to the corner of my big cooler and shook it like a toy, I then slid it in the fish box (coffin) and thought he was gonna beat the sides out of it. IMO its just too dangerous if something was to happen 60-70 miles out.   

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx.  That's my daughter.  She loves to fish.  Right after that king, she boated a 100# blacktip while I stood on the hardtop and took pics.  Lotsa fun out there!

You keep it?

Sorry for the delay tvc...No, we didn't keep it.  we don't have a shark permit.  I don't care to eat them anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

we found a good number of sows last week, and could've limited out on 12-20 lb fish... of course, we had to throw them back.

I'm sure the comercial guys will love you for that, afterall its their fish and the NMFS will call you a liar cuz there is no sientific evidence to support your statement.

aren't you allowed one shark a day?

That's what I thought... at least in state waters.

Thats exactly why I started this thread, although on hold (4 now) it will still be 'State Waters' but with limits, seasons and fishing controlled by the Feds>>which has been a 'Trainwreck' in the last 20yrs.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siya
    Newest Member
    siya