Dayton In Trouble!?

Guest Ozen

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest whoabroncos09

How will Dayton be fine losing 5 Defensive players?

Good point - I was kinda wondering the same thing - they must have a ton of depth - would be a huge blow to most teams at any level.

we will be!

we got other boys ready to play in their spots.

no worries.

How will Dayton be fine losing 5 Defensive players?

Good point - I was kinda wondering the same thing - they must have a ton of depth - would be a huge blow to most teams at any level.

i'm sure it hurts, but the reports don't specify whether they were probable starters, etc.

Dayton certainly has some studs playing defense, but if you saw the defense last year... dayton has a defensive system in which players can be plugged in and make plays. this hurts more from the knowledge standpoint than it does from the talent standpoint, IMO. it may take some time, but that D will still be pretty salty. I hope this brings the broncos together as these situations seem to do so often.

thankfully the season hasn't started yet.

Guest Luv Ya Blue

Dayton Bronco Head Coach Jerry Stewart permanently removed 5 of his 7 defensive starters from the football team when it was concluded those five students had burglarized the Woodrow Wilson Junior High School of more than $10,000 in computers and TV sets. Coach Stewart said nearly all of the members of the #4 ranked team are first rate athletes, students and citizens, however, these five went in a very different direction than their teammates. 

Channel 6 will have a story on this?  I find that comical.  With all the good the Broncos have achieved in the past without receiving recognition.....now the Beaumont press will cover Dayton!

Congrats to Coach Stewart and his entire staff for making the decision to remove these kids from the team.  As a parent of 2 athletes, I applaud you. 

Channel 6 will have a story on this?  I find that comical.  With all the good the Broncos have achieved in the past without receiving recognition.....now the Beaumont press will cover Dayton!

Congrats to Coach Stewart and his entire staff for making the decision to remove these kids from the team.  As a parent of 2 athletes, I applaud you. 

Well said.

I sure hope all 5 of those young men are reading this forum and they realize how much they let a lot of Bronco faithful down.  I have heard through the'vine that the 08'Broncos are by far the deepest team that has ever come through the system.  Im sure those young men will be missed but come the first day of two a days it will be forgot about.  I have always said that you can do a million things right but you mess up ONE time and thats what EVERYBODY judges by unfortunately.

Stewart did the right thing. These boys left him no choice. I also think that once practice starts these boys that were kicked off the team will realize that they are not missed, and are now on the outside looking in. I just wonder if all 5 of these boys were in on the theft, what I mean is were they actually carrying these items out or found in their possession, or were maybe one or two of them guilty by association?

Stewart did the right thing. These boys left him no choice. I also think that once practice starts these boys that were kicked off the team will realize that they are not missed, and are now on the outside looking in. I just wonder if all 5 of these boys were in on the theft, what I mean is were they actually carrying these items out or found in their possession, or were maybe one or two of them guilty by association?

According to someone "in the know" that I know in Dayton one of the kids was actually walking up to his house with some of the merchandise in his arms when the cop pulled up.

I trust my source on this one.

Not trying to be a wiseguy in the very least. Merely stating a fact that if you go into anything sports related with the attitude that the offense being so potent that the defense can afford to be a little down is ridiculous. No matter how potent the offense is you can always get outscored!!

Dayton or any other team. I was just using the Lake Travis reference because it applied specifically to the Broncos.

Did not mean to ruffle any feathers.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin