As a fan of any sport do you support your team even when they are loosing?

I AM THERE FOR THE KIDS. i know the feeling of looking up in the stands and people leaving .it makes these kids feel bad i  stay till the clock runs out.these kids work very hard to win and make there fans proud of them    PS thats just the way i am

The worst fair-weather fans that I have had the experience to see was PA Lincoln. When they weren't winning, no one showed up. I was at Memorial Stadium for one of their homecoming games and they didn't have 75 fans on their side. I was embarrassed for the kids on the field. For a 4A school not to bring 100 fans out for a homecoming is unbelievable. When they got on a bit of a win streak, you couldn't buy a ticket. Talk about from one extreme to the other.... or the true definition of fair-weather fans I guess.

This whole thread is kinda silly.  Who is gonna come on here and admit they are fair weather fans?  You are going to get a bunch of responses like the last(I never miss a game. etc)  I tried to make a joke of it but got hammered!  I guess i better keep my day job and leave the jokes to Leno.    ;D

I wouldn't know, I graduated from PN-G and live in Newton. Ask someone from Colmesneil or Huntington or somewhere like that. Only a mother could support some of the programs. I guess some people like loosing. I agree with Bear Bryant, " winning isn't evrything, but it beats the '' heck''  out of coming in second''.  Most of those teams could develope good athletes but don't care enough to hire and pay a good coach. I assure you, a good coach would change those programs. They may not be state champions but they would be competative and respected.

Nederland in their lean year will have more wins than a lot of teams in their good years.  Nederland has always had a winning tradition. Many programs are bad year after year after year and have no plans to change the way they play. They have accepted losing. Nederlands program will not accept many losing years before they holler for a new coach.  The same goes for PN-G and other school who have winning tradition. Just let them have a few 2-8 or 3-7 losing years and just watch the fans demand a change.

I don't know if this question is posed to show that we cannot get out of the past and start living in the future.  I mean we hold on to High school football from our perspective alma mater's as in some way one of the coaches is going to yell up at us to go in the game.  I really go to the games just see how things are going, but if I cannot make it no sweat off my back.  I don't break my back to get to game.  I like to go see other schools play also.  As a future Coach I like to go see what other offensive and defensive strategies are out their.  I also love the fact that I live in Texas where even if it is some bad teams the game is usually competitive.  Everyone here knows that Texas is top of the line for High school football and many small towns whether win or lose the town lives to be their on Friday Nights.  Some the bigger cities this may not be as true.  Don't get me wrong we should all go support our alma mater's, but I think part of it is to re-live our past glories of playing the game. 

Been some lean years for the Dogs but still enjoy going to the football games. Use to enjoy watching other teams in the playoffs during the 80's, but Nuemann put a stop to that. As I age, the games are more of a social event at the beginning, then a coaching clinic under the stands at halftime, ie. what we would have done differently, then after the game it's what time do we tee off in the morning.

As for as baseball, I support any team win or lose that have lights on.

A true fan is a person that supports any team regardless of the outcome of the games.  It is always nice to be able to support a winning team but as this is normally a High School posting area not all teams have the personnel either coaching or playing to always have a successful record.  I always see players on the team that loses (not losers) and they normally are still trying to do everything that they can do to win the game.  As long as the young men and women that play the game care - and those that play do care - I will support my team no matter how many wins they post.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin