BH vs. WOS

Guest Jody

Who wins this scrimmage?  

1. 1. Who wins this scrimmage?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I to am going with Barbers Hill in this one. I think due to injurys to key players, at bad times they are and have been better over the last few years than their playoff record indicates. I have watched both of these teams play over the last few years and wish they would have played sooner. Both of these teams are very talented, disciplined, and well coached. As everyone knows BH runs a no huddle offense. It appears to be slow at times, but it does speed up the game up. With it being this hot, this early in the season and this game being a game simulation. I think BH's depth, and conditioning will come into play and put them over WOS. WOS better show up with their "A"game, which they always do for this one because the Hill will not be an easy task. The Hill is looking for someone to make an example of early for their step up to 4A and WOS might just be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Guest Kelly Football
:D WOS is very well conditioned. BH can't even beat Kirbyville give me a break guys, come on. I work at Kelly but use your heads people. In a game scrimmage you never know. Coaches will take starters out etc..

I to am going with Barbers Hill in this one. I think due to injurys to key players' date=' at bad times they are and have been better over the last few years than their playoff record indicates. I have watched both of these teams play over the last few years and wish they would have played sooner. Both of these teams are very talented, disciplined, and well coached. As everyone knows BH runs a no huddle offense. It appears to be slow at times, but it does speed up the game up. With it being this hot, this early in the season and this game being a game simulation. I think BH's depth, and conditioning will come into play and put them over WOS. WOS better show up with their "A"game, which they always do for this one because the Hill will not be an easy task. The Hill is looking for someone to make an example of early for their step up to 4A and WOS might just be at the wrong place at the wrong time.[/quote']

depth may be a problem for us. in past years it always was. However, we have always been able to compete and win against teams with more numbers than we have. as far as conditioning goes, there is no team and i mean no team in texas that is in better condition than the football players at wos. one more thing to everyone, nobody makes an example out of mustang football. with all that i've said i do however respect your opinion that barbers hill beats us in the scrimmage. i just dont agree with the reasons why they will beat us.

:D WOS is very well conditioned. BH can't even beat Kirbyville give me a break guys' date=' come on. I work at Kelly but use your heads people. In a game scrimmage you never know. Coaches will take starters out etc..[/quote']

My point on the conditioning is not in reference to the later games of the year, but the first. I don't even want to talk about the K-Ville games, ugh... It is just the Barbers Hill players have grown up in the faster pace no huddle offense. These kids can go for days. Not saying the WOS players can't. I have just watched BH beat bigger faster teams that when they came on the field I thought man those kids are huge and we ended up winning because we just out lasted them. Even bigger schools with more players. We just wore the whole team out. Had them same games been later in the year. We might not have won. Being WOS is a smaller school and depend on many players going both ways and this early in the season. I just wonder if they can hold up. I guess we will see.

Should be a good scrimmage and an even better indicator of what each team needs to focus on.

I don't expect either team to walk over the other. We have a bad taste in our mouth after the loss to Wimberley last year. You can believe that many of the players haven't forgotten about that and have frequently thought about it during the offseason. Trust me, the Mustangs will be in better condition than most think. Look at all of the 7 on 7 games that were played in the 100+ degree heat this summer.

This group is something special. They will not give up, no matter how hot it may be.

Good luck to the coaches and players of both teams. Hopefully it will be an injury-free night.

I've read too many posts from Jody over the last year and a half to count. A couple of things have become very obvious to me.

#1 - Jody, you really DON'T know squat about WO-S football. I'm not talking about WO-S's past years of success here...got it? But with you watching two games against good Bay City teams (teams that would've blown out BH) that does not make you an expert on what WO-S can do.

#2 - Jody, you really don't know much about the game of football to start with. Why don't you find another hobby.

I've read too many posts from Jody over the last year and a half to count. A couple of things have become very obvious to me.

#1 - Jody' date=' you really DON'T know squat about WO-S football. I'm not talking about WO-S's past years of success here...got it? But with you watching two games against good Bay City teams (teams that would've blown out BH) that does not make you an expert on what WO-S can do.

#2 - Jody, you really don't know much about the game of football to start with. Why don't you find another hobby.[/quote']

I will reserve comment for the appropriate thread..... :D Pretty good huh Koop? :D:D

Remember' date=' this is all for FUN!!!

No insulting!!!! ::2

And remember the school pride forum. :wink:[/quote']

I think Griff really likes WOS, what do you think? ::10 Maybe he just doesn't like my PROFESSIONAL analysis.... :D

#1 - Jody, you really DON'T know squat about WO-S football. But with you watching two games against good Bay City teams

Here is your "Good Bay City Team's results: :roll: :roll: :roll:

2005 BAY CITY BLACKCAT FOOTBALL

2005 Bay City Blackcat Varsity Football Schedule

Date Opponent Place Result Record

Aug 27 LaMarque Cougars Alamodome L 14-35 0-1

Sep 3 Beaumont Ozen Panthers Beaumont L 7-41 0-2

Sep 10 West Orange-Stark Pearland L 34-35 0-3

Sep 16 OPEN DATE . . .

Sep 30 El Campo Ricebirds Bay City 28-21 1-3 (1-0)

Oct 7 Foster Falcons Bay City W 27-24 2-3 (2-0)

Oct 14 Terry Rangers Rosenberg L 10-48 2-4 (2-1)

Oct 21 Brazosport Exporters Bay City W 63-7 3-4 (3-1)

Oct 26 Angleton Wildcats Angleton W 34-23 4-4 (4-1)

Oct 31 Calhoun Sandcrabs Bay City W 42-3 5-4 (5-1)

Nov 5 Lamar Consolidated Mustangs Rosenberg L 7-28 5-5 (5-2)

Nov 13 LaMarque Cougars (Bi-District) Brazosport-Hopper L 10-31 5-6

2004 District 24-AAAA Standings

Team Total

W-L District

W-L

Lamar Consolidated Mustangs (2) 11-0 7-0

Terry Rangers (3) 10-1 6-1

BAY CITY BLACKCATS (5) 5-6 5-2

Angleton Wildcats (1) 7-3 4-3

El Campo Ricebirds (8) 4-6 3-4

Foster Falcons (4) 2-8 2-5

Calhoun Sandcrabs (6) 2-8 1-6

Brazosport Exporters (7) 0-10 0-7

Bay City was down compared to previous years, there's no doubting that, but they were good enough to make the playoffs both years and they were a good team. You don't want to acknowledge that...you'd rather use this as a way to talk down WO-S. MORE IMPORTANTLY, my original main point was that you think you know so much about WOS, but your comments continue to solidify that you're clueless.

Somehow your knowledge of football and telling fishing stories about "the big one that got away" are getting crossed. Everyone knows you're a casual observer of HS football. Last year, you said that the 2005 Barbers Hill team was "one of the best teams you've seen in a long time." Yeah...getting scared by Splendora and spanked by Kirbyville really made a believer out of me, too. :roll:

Bay City was down compared to previous years' date=' there's no doubting that, but they were good enough to make the playoffs both years and they were a good team. You don't want to acknowledge that...you'd rather use this as a way to talk down WO-S. MORE IMPORTANTLY, my original main point was that you think you know so much about WOS, but your comments continue to solidify that you're clueless.

Somehow your knowledge of football and telling fishing stories about "the big one that got away" are getting crossed. Everyone knows you're a casual observer of HS football. Last year, you said that the 2005 Barbers Hill team was "one of the best teams you've seen in a long time." Yeah...getting scared by Splendora and spanked by Kirbyville really made a believer out of me, too. :roll:[/quote']

One day you will come around to my way of thinking..... :D

Better known as thinking outside the box called Orange, Texas.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder