BH vs. WOS

Guest Jody

Who wins this scrimmage?  

1. 1. Who wins this scrimmage?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This IS going to be a game scrimmage. It will be a full 4 quarter game. The only difference will be that there will be no returns on kick offs and punts. They will be dead where the ball is fielded. It will be as close to a real game as it gets. Hooks believes in these type scrimmages because it not only gets your players into game shape' date=' but it gives you a 12 game season instead of 10 which is valuable around playoff time.

quote']

Yeah but coaches will be looking at alot of players and trying things that they wouldn't normally do if it was a REAL game.

Boy you can tell it is getting close to Football season!!!

I wonder what it is going to be like on here after the game on Friday Nights at about 10:30 or 11:00 pm..

I know, don't you just love it. Thre is a lot of history between these two schools, or I must say a lot of anticipated history. A lot of us, including myself have done a tonam smack talking about this game. If all that occured on Saturday was a coin toss it would still be a battle of the words....from the fans at least.

I don't now about my WOs counterparts, but I can not wait for this game....uh, scrimmage......... :D

In all reality, I have a lot of respect for WOS and their spirited fans. This is what Texas footbal is all about. The players on the field and the fans int he stands....everyone is competing in some way. :D

Hey Kicker, better that that Dewyville wife wash some crying towels for you..... :D :D :D

I know' date=' don't you just love it. Thre is a lot of history between these two schools, or I must say a lot of anticipated history. A lot of us, including myself have done a tonam smack talking about this game. If all that occured on Saturday was a coin toss it would still be a battle of the words....from the fans at least.

I don't now about my WOs counterparts, but I can not wait for this game....uh, scrimmage......... :D

In all reality, I have a lot of respect for WOS and their spirited fans. This is what Texas footbal is all about. The players on the field and the fans int he stands....everyone is competing in some way. :D

Hey Kicker, better that that Dewyville wife wash some crying towels for you..... :D :D :D[/quote']

They dont use towels in Deweyville :lol::lol:

I have respect for BH too :wink: Nothing wrong with smack talk. :D

I know this history, WOS has improved every year since Coach T and Foreman have been back and they have more talent coming back this year than they have had the previous two years. I look for it to be a typical WOS scrimage, struggle in the forst quarter then pure it on in the last 3 quarters.

OK... the votes are REALLY 15 votes to 19 for WO-S. But Jody' date=' tell the truth, you've been calling all BH fans you know to come on here and vote for BH, haven't you? They jumped by 8 since last night. I know this is your doing... :wink:[/quote']

Not my doings. I thin it may be that a lot of people are coming around to my way of thinking :D :wink: See, WOS might just be over-rated......just a little...... :D

Not to emntion Nedeland, PNG, Ozen, Central, etc....etc...etc.... :D

Oh yeah, South Lake Carrol too! Did I miss any?

Well it's only 9 days away. This will be a good starter for both teams. BH wants to prove that wo-s is over rated which will give BH fuel. WO-S has nothing to prove. I guess they could say that they want to prove that they can beat a school with almost dubble their enrollment. That might give them fuel.

August 20th the reality will set in, be a sad day Mont Belvieu because the mighty eagles just had their arse's handed to them, but they will regroup and might even slide into the playoff's, just to get their arse's handed to them again

Yeah, tilley, but we did that with Bay City, Nederland and Central, and people have heard of those teams. ;) In reality, WO-S has nothing to prove except those of us who have endured the razzing from the BH guys. I don't know how much stock to put into the outcome. After all, if these two teams are as "close" as some claim, WO-S beat Kville last year by 35 points in just such a game, whereas BH got bounced by them in the playoffs. So I don't know how much anyone's claims will be validated. Still, at least we'll be seeing good athletes on both sides of the ball.

August 20th the reality will set in' date=' be a sad day Mont Belvieu because the mighty eagles just had their arse's handed to them, but they will regroup and might even slide into the playoff's, just to get their arse's handed to them again[/quote']

About 1-week away....can't wait. How is Coach Hooks after getting run over?

OK my WOS friends it has been a fun time messing with you for the last few years. I wish your team all the best this year and I hope the game/scrimmage next weekend is enjoyable and everyone stays safe. It sucks to loose any player, much less a star player before district starts. BH has had that happen the last few years and it is a difficult thing to get over.

Fire the pit up, get out the turkey legs, kill the roaches and flying bugs with peckers, and get ready.

Where when is the meet and greet?

I voted for the Blue and Silver. It doesn't matter what BH has, they've always come in over hyped. I think we owned them something like 7-2 with the Hill winning the last 2 before we dropped to 2A. Again, WO-S reminds me of those teams SFA had in the mid 80's and 90's. I'm partial to the Blue and Silver anyway.....

I just cant wait to see some football !!!!!! This will be a good start to the year for both teams. I just hope BH takes it easy on them so they will play us again :lol: J/K I will be out of town that weekend so below are my two commets for either out come of the scrimmage

1.) BH Wins --- I told you guys you are overrated hows it feel baby!!!! I can't beleive that Hooks was crying at the game like that!!!!! Whos your daddy!!!!

2.) BH Loses - this was just a scrimmage anyway. if it would have been a real game we would have won. All of our player were sick anyway, oh and we put the freshman team in at the half. the Refs were horrible and yall cheated!!!!!

:evil:

August 20th the reality will set in' date=' be a sad day Mont Belvieu because the mighty eagles just had their arse's handed to them, but they will regroup and might even slide into the playoff's, just to get their arse's handed to them again[/quote']

Dang Matt!!! Us teams East of the Trinity better stick together! weres the love man?

Add another for BH.

I think we will do just fine against WOS.

It being the first game/scrimage I do not expect to see a lot of explosives from either team.

I know both teams will be pumped, and ready to play I just think us, the fans are putting a lot more into this than the coaches.

Sure both would love to win, but I think they are really using it for a good judge for our teams early in the year with good competition.

WOS has been doing this for years and now BH has got to step up and play tough teams early to get ready.

I feel fortunate to be scrimaging WOS and take my hat off to our staff for scheduling such tough teams early this year.

Obviously the WOS staff feels we would give their team a good test early in the season or they would be playing someone else.

I have been waiting for this for a long time the sad part is it don't count.

Hey RB don't be making any excuses for the Hill.

You, Jody, Shellman and I have been looking forward to this for a long time and if the Hill does'nt make a good showing we will just have to eat a little crow.

I don't want the almighty WOS posters to have reason for excuses.

I just want them to come back here like big boys and girls and eat your crow, because I will.

Which is not a problem because we, I have had our share of crow over the years.

Along with lots of other posters from setxsports forums and the downlow.

But we, I also have served our share so here is an early serving of crow for the almighty WOS lovers.

So WOS posters how do you, like you crow, fried, baked, boiled, stewed, or in a gumbo?

Mmmmmm taste like chicken. :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder